Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style

Wait so Tom Willits is "proud" of Rage?

http://www.psu.com/a020390/The-Rage-series-isnt-dead-assures-id-Software#comments

Tim Willits, co-founder of id Software, has said that the Rage franchise isnít dead and buried.

Rage was released back in 2011 and garnered positive reviews from critics. However, despite murmurs of a sequel, nothing has ever materialized, though Willits assured Joystiq that it hasnít abandoned the IP Ė just donít expect a sequel any time soon.

"I'm proud of what we did, I'm proud of the universe that we built, the franchise is not dead," he said. "We're not doing anything immediately with it, but when I designed the universe, I designed it in such a way that it would be easy to step back into.

"I'm still proud that we did something that was different, it wasn't like the games that we've done in the past."

Elsewhere, Willits revealed that id Tech 5 benefited from numerous innovations thanks to Rageís development, which are still paying off as we progress into next-generation territory.

"We really tried to do one engine that worked for everything," he said. "It really helps establish a robust tech that, as John [Carmack] said last night, we're adding stuff into it based on the new consoles, and it's allowed people to make different games because the technology is flexible and robust and works on everything."

What did you think of Rage? Would you like to see FPS get a sequel? Let us know below.

So this guy is proud of releasing a half ass tech demo game that had the ending purposely cut to become a DLC then canceling that DLC? This game was a joke and is they make another it will bomb.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I enjoyed Rage.

It had fun gameplay, good pacing, and great graphics. The story was crap though, and it needed online multiplayer.

However, with Borderlands around and now a new Mad Max game, this franchise won't be very unique.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I thought Rage was an OK game. I enjoyed the gameplay and when the graphical glitches weren't present, it was actually a very good looking game. The game could have just been so much more. It definitely wasn't bad but left more to be desired. I would like to see a sequel of they put more thought into it.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Markus
    When I played it, all I could think of was how great doom 4 will be

PS4 Launch Edition
    PS3 60GB (Upgraded to 500GB)
    Phenom II X4 955, HD 7770 1GB, 6GB RAM

If you add my PSN say you're from PSU or I might delete it!

Veteran
    Rage was awesome (only played the 360 version)...i'd of been very proud of it.
    Forza 5, Fifa 14, Battlefield 4 & Watchdogs - The Perfect Launch Line Up!

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Libra-75
    I really can't find much to complain about regarding this game. It was a bit short and it had some texture pop-in issues. But how many games is flawless? Played it on PC. I would love to see a sequel.

Apprentice

I loved Rage, thought it was really fun. It had some issues but overall I had a blast with it. The gunfights were f'in mean! The ending was clearly crap, but overall the game was great fun for me. Mutant Bash TV was an awesome side game.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Rage has strafe jumping so can move really fast.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    I felt dizzy playing this game.

Though it was fun while it lasted, a bit too simple and the "open world" was emptier than GTAIV's.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Elite Guru
    In motion, I thought ID Tech 5 looked awesome on the PS3. The engine has some real promise. Also, loved the way the AI reacted to being wounded.

Enjoyed my time with it and would consider buying a future title. That said, I don't think ID will ever recover their Doom/Quake genius from back in the day.

Obligatory Tapatalk Signature

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I really enjoyed Rage and would definitely be interested in a sequel.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by *goo View Post
    That said, I don't think ID will ever recover their Doom/Quake genius from back in the day.
    Tho I DO have high hopes for Quake 5 and Doom 4!

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    If I was a developer and worked hard on a game of such a large name and success as Rage I'd be proud. So what if it isn't a classic, still a solid game that sold pretty well

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by *goo View Post
    In motion, I thought ID Tech 5 looked awesome on the PS3. The engine has some real promise. Also, loved the way the AI reacted to being wounded.

Enjoyed my time with it and would consider buying a future title. That said, I don't think ID will ever recover their Doom/Quake genius from back in the day.
    They are still genius, but the market has changed. modern millitary shooters now in charge and gamers who start play fps fames from cod4 will never understand how fun was fps games back to doom/quake times. you will not see any stuff like "crazy rocket jumpers" in modern games, and its sad, but still hope that ID will bring skill based shooters back to market

Thread Information