Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation

Possible PS4 and Xbox One UK Release Dates

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/...-release-dates

The Xbox One and PlayStation 4 will be available in the UK within two weeks of each other, if a set of leaked dates from retailer Toys'R'Us are to be believed.

BT Games reports that the Xbox One will be available in Britain on November 29, while the PlayStation 4 will arrive on December 13.

When Toys'R'Us was contacted for comment about whether these were simply placeholder dates or if they had a factual basis, a spokesperson replied, "I can confirm this information has been given direct from our suppliers and is accurate."
    This kind of confirms the PS4 will release on December 13th because of the sources in the U.S. that say it will release December 13th in North America.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

PSN ID
    Auctopus
    That's too damn late!

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Interesting read. I hope these dates are correct. I am starting to get tired of the wait for release dates lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Elite Member
    PS4 Christmas release, I don't think so!! why would anyone take that risk! all those saving for a PS4 then Christmas hits 2 weeks later I cant imagine the hassle of buying for family's & friend's even there kids prior the release of PS4 its too dam heavy!
    Last edited by nextgen3; 08-05-2013 at 20:08.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Friday 13th.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    i hope not

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Elite Sage
    So, so late. I don't like that timing. Oh well, seems like I have to get one in 2014 then.
    Man who chase after bus get exhausted, man who run in front of bus get tired
    Man who masturbates in class has firm grip of subject at hand
    Woman who sink in man's arms soon have arms in man's sink

PSN ID
    Glaedr-Oromis
    Nope, I've said it before and I'm sure I will a thousand times after this: Neither company will release after Black Friday. They would lose a lot of money because of it. Say they release before BF, they sell out. One huge shopping night down, then they restock stores for in between BF and Christmas eve. Christmas eve in another large shopping day/night. Why give up all of those sales for only two weeks? If they do they are stupid as hell.

9. Likes Two4DaMoney , Omar likes this post
    Veteran
    Would be very surprised if Sony release after Xbox considering the reveal was 4 months earlier.
    Forza 5, Fifa 14, Battlefield 4 & Watchdogs - The Perfect Launch Line Up!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    As much as I want a release date, I don't know if I can shoot for anything later than November.

But hey, if it gives those like me, who are budgeting for this more time, then I guess that's not such a bad thing.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    AverageNinjaNL

Possible PS4 and Xbox One UK Release Dates

That's perfect! My birthday is on the 10th of December
    There better be one available then (I hope they're not sold out by then)... :/
    Last edited by AverageNinja; 08-05-2013 at 22:26.

Follow me on Twitter: @DaanvMonsjou

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Auctopus View Post
    That's too damn late!
    Dec. 13 release for PS4 would guarantee way more xmas sales for X1. Thats way too late. Sony has royally screwed up if this is true.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by UkHardcore View Post
    Would be very surprised if Sony release after Xbox considering the reveal was 4 months earlier.
    I am still surprised Sony will release earlier than march 2014 in EU.

Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Dec. 13 release for PS4 would guarantee way more xmas sales for X1. Thats way too late. Sony has royally screwed up if this is true.
    True. If the dates are accurate then the XB1 has an advantage in the holiday sales.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by UkHardcore View Post
    Also taking into considetation SONY has passed FCC and MS hasnt. So PS4 is ready for mass production and might have started already while MS is still on standby (unless they do things backwards in which case.......)

Maybe Toys'r'Us are getting later shipments?

Either way, I have a hard time believing SONY will miss the big shopping season and $#@! this up after doing so well on every other front so far.

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk 2

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    Also taking into considetation SONY has passed FCC and MS hasnt. So PS4 is ready for mass production and might have started already while MS is still on standby (unless they do things backwards in which case.......) Maybe Toys'r'Us are getting later shipments? Either way, I have a hard time believing SONY will miss the big shopping season and $#@! this up after doing so well on every other front so far. Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk 2
    I agree. I just cant see Sony missing out on the busiest part of the holiday shopping season.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeles View Post
    Nope, I've said it before and I'm sure I will a thousand times after this: Neither company will release after Black Friday. They would lose a lot of money because of it. Say they release before BF, they sell out. One huge shopping night down, then they restock stores for in between BF and Christmas eve. Christmas eve in another large shopping day/night. Why give up all of those sales for only two weeks? If they do they are stupid as hell.
    You're right. The 360, PS3, and Wii were all released before Black Friday. The release dates for the One and PS4 will be before Nov. 29, this year.

Veteran
    A December release in the US doesn't seem likely to me, I mean if they truly are to barely meet the preorder demand, they probably wouldn't even be able to have shelves stock before Xmas and that would mean losing one of the strongest shopping months of the year. So imo a November release is still more likely, in a month (December) they could definitely have more consoles ready for the shelves.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    No chance they release after Black Friday. Unless they absolutely cannot. The biggest sales day of the year in US. Not a chance they will miss out on that.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    As much as I want a release date, I don't know if I can shoot for anything later than November.

But hey, if it gives those like me, who are budgeting for this more time, then I guess that's not such a bad thing.
    I'm feeling the same. I want it sooner. But more time to save would be good, it might be a bit of a stretch with money for me.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by darky89 View Post
    I'm feeling the same. I want it sooner. But more time to save would be good, it might be a bit of a stretch with money for me.
    I know I'll be getting at least the console + 1 game. But how many games after that will be the question for me.

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    I'm aiming for Console + Watch Dogs + Killzone + PS Plus. So that's about 500. And maybe BF4 and possibly a 1tb HDD if I can. Luckily it's my birthday soon so that will be a nice little boost.
    Last edited by darky89; 08-05-2013 at 23:43.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by darky89 View Post
    I'm aiming for Console + Watch Dogs + Killzone + PS Plus. So that's about 500. Luckily it's my birthday soon so that will be a nice little boost.
    RIght now, I'm happy doing 3monthly updates to my PS+ - $25 a pop is not as bad as $90 (where my brain says - "Well for that much buy a new release instead").

I'm aiming for console + KZ:SF, Watch Dogs, and AC4. Wildcards are NFS Rivals and COD Ghosts, and Knack (depending on reviews).

I was initially going to get my stable of sports games (NBA 2k, Madden, FIFA) but I might wait and see if there are issues (I remember the first sports games in the 360/PS3 gen - were barren slightly up-ressed versions of the PS2 versions and didn't have the same gameplay). So will wait it out on that front.

Apprentice

So what of the reports that Sony would be able to pump these systems out, and the pre-order numbers being far ahead of Xone (based on supply) ...

December 13 in the US would mean no 2013 release for Australia, unless they do a worldwide launch.

Sony have handled their PR well, but they need to announce a release date soon.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by PottSie2 View Post
    So what of the reports that Sony would be able to pump these systems out, and the pre-order numbers being far ahead of Xone (based on supply) ...

December 13 in the US would mean no 2013 release for Australia, unless they do a worldwide launch.

Sony have handled their PR well, but they need to announce a release date soon.
    They will likely announce at gamescon. I don't think they will announce at TGS considering all sign are pointing towards Japan not getting first launch like usual.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    December 13 is too far away. Also, Sony never released their consoles in December.

Thread Information