Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
Results 26 to 40 of 40
  1. #26
    Master Guru
    Fon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    @Home
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,135
    Rep Power
    78
    Points
    110,787 (10,000 Banked)
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    What, you can't read the text? Is it just me? #MustBeTheChosenOne
    I'm in the same boat as, Wrath. I can see the quote but not IWAO's comments.







  2. #27
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fon View Post
    I'm in the same boat as, Wrath. I can see the quote but not IWAO's comments.
    Pretty sure theyre just joking around. lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 08-07-2013 at 07:33.

  3. #28
    Apprentice
    PS4THEWIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    459
    Rep Power
    10
    Points
    1,173 (0 Banked)
    Items Scarlett JohanssonGuerrilla GamesDice
    Quote Originally Posted by Fon View Post
    I'm in the same boat as, Wrath. I can see the quote but not IWAO's comments.
    He was joking lol

  4. #29
    Ultimate Veteran
    mickice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Australia, In a Kangaroo's pouch.
    Age
    27
    Posts
    21,976
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    22,323 (40,000 Banked)
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Looks good. Sets my mind more at ease about heat issues. I hope Sony puts a good quality BR drive in it.
    Me too, I want a good 80,000 hours (10yrs) of use :P

    - Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

  5. #30
    Apprentice
    chriharr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    GREAT SOUTHERN LAND
    PSN ID
    chriharr
    Posts
    375
    Rep Power
    26
    Points
    6,391 (0 Banked)
    No playstation has had overheating issues every playstation to date has state of the art cooling systems and designs in place.

    The problem is where people are placing their consoles e.g. People stacking consoles or components on top of each other is a no no, or people placing consoles close to walls or other warm components that's the conventional issue here.

    Every manual to date has specifically stated not to place the console in any position that could obstruct the vents on the console or produce poor air flow etc.

    If you're gonna keep your consoles in an entertainment unit or rack with lots of electrical gear space your stuff put the more powerful equipment towards the top etc. or get a dedicated cooling fan.
    " A Toll's a toll and a roll's a roll. If we don't get no toll's, then we don't eat no roll's"

  6. #31
    Veteran
    RyanGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,822
    Rep Power
    69
    Points
    23,928 (615,000 Banked)
    I was always under the impression that the YLOD was due to overheating ?

  7. #32
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,458
    Rep Power
    190
    Points
    107,066 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by TEST SUBJECT 83 View Post
    Supposedly the BluRay Drive will be 3 times faster than the current PS3 drive.
    So thats good.
    6x faster. it'll be a 6x drive.

  8. #33
    Veteran
    MonkeyClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,837
    Rep Power
    94
    Points
    148,853 (0 Banked)
    Items Protect yourself
    I just hope the drive is super quiet when you load and unload discs...that is one thing that always impressed me about the Wii, that drive was beyond quiet!

    -=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

  9. #34
    Veteran
    Saigon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NA
    PSN ID
    saigon1914
    Posts
    4,977
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    33,954 (0 Banked)
    I am a little surprised by that. This is good information. I was a little worried about the temperature, nut it looks like Sony designed a good product.

  10. #35
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by chriharr View Post
    No playstation has had overheating issues every playstation to date has state of the art cooling systems and designs in place. The problem is where people are placing their consoles e.g. People stacking consoles or components on top of each other is a no no, or people placing consoles close to walls or other warm components that's the conventional issue here. Every manual to date has specifically stated not to place the console in any position that could obstruct the vents on the console or produce poor air flow etc. If you're gonna keep your consoles in an entertainment unit or rack with lots of electrical gear space your stuff put the more powerful equipment towards the top etc. or get a dedicated cooling fan.
    Thats a load of bs. YLOD was a combination of overheating and the solder breaking down from the heat. I keep my PS3 in a spot with plenty of air to breathe all around it. I had a 60GB die of YLOD and a 40GB that wouldn't display video anymore. My 80GB worked like a champ right up to the day I traded towards a 500GB super slim.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 08-07-2013 at 17:06.

  11. #36
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanGT View Post
    I was always under the impression that the YLOD was due to overheating ?
    It was. But theres always those apologists who will blame the user rather than the company just because they were lucky enough to not have a problem.

  12. #37
    Ultimate Veteran
    coolguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    long island ny
    Age
    38
    Posts
    20,893
    Rep Power
    112
    Points
    29,062 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The more vents the better

  13. #38
    Veteran
    RyanGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,822
    Rep Power
    69
    Points
    23,928 (615,000 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    It was. But theres always those apologists who will blame the user rather than the company just because they were lucky enough to not have a problem.

    Ok yeah that's what I thought haha

  14. #39
    Master Guru
    TDbank24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    6,764
    Rep Power
    67
    Points
    37,380 (0 Banked)
    With all those vents let's hope Sony's track record of great hardware continues with the PS4.


  15. #40
    Apprentice
    chriharr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    GREAT SOUTHERN LAND
    PSN ID
    chriharr
    Posts
    375
    Rep Power
    26
    Points
    6,391 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Thats a load of bs. YLOD was a combination of overheating and the solder breaking down from the heat. I keep my PS3 in a spot with plenty of air to breathe all around it. I had a 60GB die of YLOD and a 40GB that wouldn't display video anymore. My 80GB worked like a champ right up to the day I traded towards a 500GB super slim.
    You got me there here have a cookie ......

    My 60 GB launch PS3 died 14 months after launch due to the thermal paste not being properly spread. I was mega pissed because it was out of warranty

    Smelt of burning bleach !

    I was an unlucky one but everything turned out well with the Slim when I got one... Was still $650 which is crazy $#@! considering the original cost $999.

    PS3 slim was and is the best ever playstation design to date
    Last edited by chriharr; 08-09-2013 at 16:29.
    " A Toll's a toll and a roll's a roll. If we don't get no toll's, then we don't eat no roll's"

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.