Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation

What would you like to see Disney do with the new Star Wars' movies?

Where would you like to see the new Star Wars' movies go, plot wise?

I'd like the movies to chronicle the rebuilding of the jedis and of course there would be a villain, perhaps a new jedi who turns to the dark side of the force or maybe a whole army of jedis that turn to the dark side. It could be a jedi war with light vs dark.

We'd see more of Luke Skywalker fighting and some new main characters.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I've read so much post Jedi, its hard for me to say, they will either ignore it, some of it, or all of it.
    It's a bloody difficult task.
    Jacen Jania, Anakin, who gets to stay, who gets to not be there, but are they talked about, Chewbacca..WTF do they do there?

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    They have to go the Jedi Academy route.

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

Unbound Mercenary
    Its a massive task to take on. There is so much expanded universe for star wars.

They'll either ignore it and start their own story, or try to follow it.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    I'd love to see Thrawn as the bad guy, he was probably the most rounded of all the enemies they faced post Jedi.

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    hope they dont go down the cloning route tho

or bring back boba

or windu

or maul!

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    You know I never watched the original Star Wars movies, but after hearing about how bad the prequels were up until Episode 3. I guess in some ways if they have to do something with it just don't make it that bad, but knowing Disney they'll find a way to screw it up somehow.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Well I'd hope they would make a lot of Star Wars movies....you know...just milk the $#@! out of it, but with great directors attached to each project. Specifically sci-fi directors. My dream star wars project would be either in the expanded universe or old republic, and it would be about a known bounty hunter, mercenary or smuggler who tries to make a living. His family get slaughtered by an organization known as the Black Sun, run by Prince Xizor. So our character now has to do even more dangerous jobs, so he can get paid more to use those galactic credits as a resource to track down his family's murderer. He must then infiltrate their organization to get to the top. Little does he know that the prince has a skilled bodyguard who is fronting as a human, but is really a seductive cyborg. She's Xizor's right hand asset and sex doll.

I am of course talking about Dash Rendar and SHADOWS OF THE EMPIRE!

Before that game, it was a novel, a graphic novel and then a game. They were very close to adaptating it to the big screen, but it didn't happen and instead there was a tiny easter egg in the special edition of the original trilogy in A New Hope when Luke goes with Obi Wan to Mos Eisley Cantina. You can see Dash Rendar's ship in the background fly out of the spaceport.

But I would love for this to be made into a full length film. At least 2 hours.

Or if not, then an r-rated movie Star Wars movie that takes place in the criminal underworld of Coruscant. Directed by Ridley Scott.

It could easily look like Blade Runner meets Godfather.

But the next few directors on the list I would love to see direct a star wars movie, besides jJ Abrams, because he was already on my list.

James Cameron, just for the action sequences alone. He can do action unlike any other.

Ridley Scott, the sci-fi king, IMO.

Steven Spielberg, I'd like to see an Amblin take on it.

Neil Blokamp, a more serious and sad star wars where a small section of the empire is out to exterminate the gungan species, with jar jar included in the genocide

Peter Jackson, his LOTR trilogy has epic battles and wars, he can bring it to sci-fi too. Expect three movies with extended cuts on blu-ray/4k that last 4-6 hours each LOL

Joseph Kosinski, who's directional debut was Tron Legacy and his latest, Oblivion. The sets and production design alone would look absolutely beautiful. And the score would be great. A collaboration between John Williams and Daft Punk lol

Terry Gilliam, I wouldn't mind seeing a 12 monkeys like star wars, or something $#@!ed up

Christopher Nolan. Again, huge sets and incredible cinematography. He could really make a cool star wars grounded in reality, since he hates CGI so much. Hans Zimmer would join up with John Williams to make the most amazing film score in human history. It would make your ears have orgasms, literally.

The Wachowskis for obvious reasons. The action would be a spectacle and bring back Don Davis and him only for the score. It would be very matrix like.

And finally, a legend that died in the 90's, but was kinda a big pioneer of establishing the sci-fi genre in film. I'm talking about the one and only, STANLEY KUBRICK. If he lived today and applied his style to Star Wars, it would be the greatest sci-fi film ever made. It would make you watch it several times because you would question your life and the meaning of the universe.

9. Likes -Shafty- likes this post
    Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Whilst I'd like them to bring out regular films, it's a fine line between that and milking the franchise. It would be really sad if Star Wars ever became like Twilight or Transformers - speaking of which if Michael Bay ever gets near these movies I'm joining the $#@!ing rebellion

I'd prefer new movies to be based in or some time after the old republic setting. A long time before the events of the first 6 movies anyway. I just don't feel anything is needed after RotJ and a lot of the expanded universe material is just $#@!. But that's obviously the way they're going to hey ho

Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    an r-rated movie Star Wars movie that takes place in the criminal underworld of Coruscant. Directed by Ridley Scott.

Peter Jackson, his LOTR trilogy has epic battles and wars, he can bring it to sci-fi too. Expect three movies with extended cuts on blu-ray/4k that last 4-6 hours each LOL

Christopher Nolan. Again, huge sets and incredible cinematography. He could really make a cool star wars grounded in reality, since he hates CGI so much. Hans Zimmer would join up with John Williams to make the most amazing film score in human history. It would make your ears have orgasms, literally.

The Wachowskis for obvious reasons. The action would be a spectacle and bring back Don Davis and him only for the score. It would be very matrix like.
    Yes please to the above.

11. Likes Lebowski likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    No singing and birds and dancing foxes or even a disney childish touches
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Power Member
    Items User name style
    You know its coming.....

Last edited by mynd; 08-11-2013 at 01:40.

Ultimate Veteran
    I want a brand new trilogy that adds a new story to the Star Wars universe.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Metal King Slime, formerly Black. Gaming since Super Mario World (SNES).

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    I hope they don't ruin it. Also, I wish Disney would just back to making movies like they use to. :/

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Almost forgot to add in Joss Whedon on that list of dream directors. Firefly, need I say more?

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    Almost forgot to add in Joss Whedon on that list of dream directors. Firefly, need I say more?
    Yeah, he has the same ability to almost "not" focus on the whizz bang stuff and just treat it as every day, which was what made A new Hope and Empire so special. A shift back to the "used universe" is what made the originals the best.

Thread Information