Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    I like to play on the user interface, scrolling around icons and seeing how fast i can scroll between everything.

In all seriousness, as long as the interface is not choppy or slow like the PS Store now i will be very happy.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Markus
    I don't believe this is final, if it is, it seems to me like this is the in-game version of the menu

Quote Originally Posted by TEST SUBJECT 83 View Post
    It looks like this pic but with no Internet to give it picture icons and what not and no background.

Attachment 5238
    Good catch. However, this screenshot looks like your games collection, whereas the one shown in the video appears to be about one game, which makes me think it's either devkit build or an in-game menu. Though it could be the same menu with just one game installed, no internet, and no information about the game. Or it is a different menu but given a similar look for a streamlined interface. Also note the icon changes: trophy icon in place of the settings icon, different ticker icon, different leftmost icon, and addition of an options button at the bottom.

screenshot.jpg

if it is an in-game menu, the options could be
    -ps store (browse content for the game)
    -play game
    -your video recordings/screenshots of this game
    -search for the game on the internet or go to official website
    -view your downloads for the game

I don't see it being the full menu, there's not nearly enough options. Where's the settings menu? How do you watch a blu-ray? Where's the music/photo/video space?

Perhaps this is a sub menu for games? Judging by the icon in the top left, could it be games you bought off psn? If so, where are the live tiles? If it is, the leftmost icon could be the 'return to main menu' option

Another thing I noticed is the ticker (top left) and what I assume is a recording notification (appears on the right in the video) and this menu

ps4 ui.jpg

My guess is this is the equivalent to holding down the ps button on ps3. 'Adjust devices' probably includes controller settings and accessory (headset) settings. 'log out of ps4' is probably suspend mode, whereas 'turn off ps4' probably turns it off completely (read the text underneath).

In any case, the full reveal is likely right around the corner
    Also, dem waves in the background!

For those who are interested:

EDIT: After watching the video above, I noticed the same 'video recording' icon at the top, so we can conclude that the blacklight ui is indeed the main menu with one game installed, no game information, and no internet connection. One thing they did miss is what looks like the party chat system at about 9:12 on the right side
    Last edited by mini E; 08-08-2013 at 18:34.

PS4 Launch Edition
    PS3 60GB (Upgraded to 500GB)
    Phenom II X4 955, HD 7770 1GB, 6GB RAM

If you add my PSN say you're from PSU or I might delete it!

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Carla_Birch-USA
    Looks to be a menu system like you get on the Vita before you launch the game. Where you can view games site, check for updates and access add ons and so on.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    With 8GB GDDR5 RAM I expect the system to run smooth like butter.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Master Guru
    Not bad at all. I mean it's a UI. It'll do what it needs to do at the end of the day.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mini E View Post
    I don't believe this is final, if it is, it seems to me like this is the in-game version of the menu

Good catch. However, this screenshot looks like your games collection, whereas the one shown in the video appears to be about one game, which makes me think it's either devkit build or an in-game menu. Though it could be the same menu with just one game installed, no internet, and no information about the game. Or it is a different menu but given a similar look for a streamlined interface. Also note the icon changes: trophy icon in place of the settings icon, different ticker icon, different leftmost icon, and addition of an options button at the bottom.

screenshot.jpg

if it is an in-game menu, the options could be
    -ps store (browse content for the game)
    -play game
    -your video recordings/screenshots of this game
    -search for the game on the internet or go to official website
    -view your downloads for the game

I don't see it being the full menu, there's not nearly enough options. Where's the settings menu? How do you watch a blu-ray? Where's the music/photo/video space?

Perhaps this is a sub menu for games? Judging by the icon in the top left, could it be games you bought off psn? If so, where are the live tiles? If it is, the leftmost icon could be the 'return to main menu' option

Another thing I noticed is the ticker (top left) and what I assume is a recording notification (appears on the right in the video) and this menu

ps4 ui.jpg

My guess is this is the equivalent to holding down the ps button on ps3. 'Adjust devices' probably includes controller settings and accessory (headset) settings. 'log out of ps4' is probably suspend mode, whereas 'turn off ps4' probably turns it off completely (read the text underneath).

In any case, the full reveal is likely right around the corner
    Also, dem waves in the background!

For those who are interested:

EDIT: After watching the video above, I noticed the same 'video recording' icon at the top, so we can conclude that the blacklight ui is indeed the main menu with one game installed, no game information, and no internet connection. One thing they did miss is what looks like the party chat system at about 9:12 on the right side
    Well Dayum!!! Such thorough Analysis lol.
    Ride or die Sony(Playstation) supporter since 12/25/1997 Currently playing: Mass Effect 3, NBA 2K14, Tomba,Battlefield 4,Warframe, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
    Holding down Turtle Power since 1991

ADMiNiSTRaToR
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    @ mini E:: That video is hilarious, lol. That kind of narration almost reminds me of Mystery Science Theater. Good stuff.
    "Courage is the key to life.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    Nice!

CPU: I7 3820-GPU: Asus Gtx 980 4GB-Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79-HDD: Seagate 2TB-CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X-TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000-PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD-PS3 Slim 750GB-PS VITA 32GB.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    I want one now...

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Thread Information