Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Georges_2251
    Items Final Fantasy Tactics
    Aren't VGChartz (such a professional name) banned like everywhere?
    Your sig is too friggin' big. Please change it. ~ PSU Staff

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Georges_2251
    Quote Originally Posted by PBM View Post
    Not to be the friendly neighborhood Grammar Nazi, but this is right up there with "could care less." It's "take with a grain of salt." A boatload of salt would imply we could take them seriously. I mean ... you're free to say it that way ... just realize that somewhere in the world ... every time you say it that way ... a baby kitten dies. Please think of the kittens.

Although it's a hyperbole... Unless you're not serious, something tells me you're not.

Not to be a Vocabulary Nazi, but you're not a Grammar Nazi, as "a boatload of salt" is grammatically correct.
    __
    Anyway, I don't trust VGChartz and it cannot be that bad honestly, it's probably 2-3:1

3. Likes K2D wishes they had posted this first.
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by Georges View Post
    Aren't VGChartz (such a professional name) banned like everywhere?
    The only one I really know of that has banned use of VGChartz numbers is NeoGAF - which I can't stand the site anyway. That said, there's tons of postings and claims that it's banned from a lot more sites, but I've not actually seen anything that proves this and I've seen numbers posted from VGChartz on those sites that some have claimed have banned it's use. Personally I believe those claims to be from over-zealous anti-VGChartz posters trying to make a point.

That said, it's widely accepted as not having the most accurate numbers and more importantly questionable reporting (and suggestions made that reporting is based on proprietary information that has been tweaked to avoid proof of wrong doing.)

That said, I don't know or care where the get their numbers. I'll use them when I'm wanting some quick ballpark numbers for myself as the numbers are usually pretty good and it's free and accessible which show me another source that has this amount of information. That said, I won't quote them as fact.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Georges_2251
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post
    The only one I really know of that has banned use of VGChartz numbers is NeoGAF - which I can't stand the site anyway. That said, there's tons of postings and claims that it's banned from a lot more sites, but I've not actually seen anything that proves this and I've seen numbers posted from VGChartz on those sites that some have claimed have banned it's use. Personally I believe those claims to be from over-zealous anti-VGChartz posters trying to make a point.

That said, it's widely accepted as not having the most accurate numbers and more importantly questionable reporting (and suggestions made that reporting is based on proprietary information that has been tweaked to avoid proof of wrong doing.)

That said, I don't know or care where the get their numbers. I'll use them when I'm wanting some quick ballpark numbers for myself as the numbers are usually pretty good and it's free and accessible which show me another source that has this amount of information. That said, I won't quote them as fact.
    I think Gamefaqs banned it too didn't it?

Anyway, I don't think people care wether it's VGChartz or not, as inaccurate as it may be. They only denounce it as not legit when the other team is winning.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Not to be the friendly neighborhood Grammar Nazi, but this is right up there with "could care less.".
    Not to be the friendly neighbourhood grammar Nazi but it's "couldn't care less".

Sorry I had to roll with the others on that one.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    Not to be the friendly neighbourhood grammar Nazi but it's "couldn't care less".

Sorry I had to roll with the others on that one.
    I think he was trying to make a point.

@PBM: I brought some more memes:

And one for you:

Wishlist: inFAMOUS, SotC 2, Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2, next Obsidian Fallout, Fallout 4, Project Eternity, ND's PS4 game
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Thanks, K2D.

That second one isn't grammatically correct.

“Don’t fear failure. Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail.” ~ Bruce Lee

9. Likes K2D wishes they had posted this first.
    Power Member
    Items User name style
    And the winner of this thread is Lef.

Any thread with Ya Kid K wins.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AA,Batman AC,Borderlands 2,Enslaved,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,DarkSiders,DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully

Extreme Poster
    VGChartz isn't BS. the problem with them is that they forecast unreleased numbers, but once they are released, their numbers are correct as well.

So you don't want anything recent on it but wait a few months and it will be accurate.

as for pre-orders? I donno, probably guessing those too. unless they have source.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    AverageNinjaNL
    Expected, but I really hope there'll be one available in the Netherlands in december

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    jhuff
    Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    What was all the controversy over VGC again? I've been around long enough to remember there was one, but the details escape me :P
    The deal is that they don't have actual access to hard data reports that companies do. They make their best educated guess at things. Early on, they were wildly inaccurate on a few things. Overall though, at least over the past couple of years or so, they've turned out to be fairly close. They do have some pretty sharp people there and they figure things out the same way you or I could if we knew the methodology to use.

So while I wouldn't run around quoting their numbers as a "source," they usuallys eem to be pretty darn close. Wouldn't surprise me if this particular nugget was true or very close.

All you have to decide is what to do with the time give to you....
    http://www.woodchuckproductions.net

14. Likes K2D wishes they had posted this first.
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    chriharr
    4:1 maybe in America but elsewhere I'd say it would be close to 60/40 at this point.

Xbox One will almost definitely release before playatation 4, when sony announces the date at gamescom Microsoft will cut at least 2 weeks off the date and launch before Sony guaranteed
    " A Toll's a toll and a roll's a roll. If we don't get no toll's, then we don't eat no roll's"

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chriharr View Post
    4:1 maybe in America but elsewhere I'd say it would be close to 60/40 at this point.
    I'm not sure how that logic works. America is were Xbox has the strongest market share and following. If its 75/25 PS4 way in the US wouldn't it be a larger margin in pro PS4 regions?

Veteran
    It's just VG Charts, but the 4:1 pun is golden. I really hope Sony becomes profitable when the PS4 comes out. They're losing far less on the PS4 systems than they did on PS3, so they won't need to sell as many games to catch up and make a profit with the gaming division... I do mean this not exclusively from a fanboy standpoint, I really do think things kind of suck for people in Japan right now. They've been in recession for the past almost decade and a half, they have a huge disaster both in loss of life and money, and they have what may be the biggest nuclear disaster ever (is it considered worse than Chernobyl?) Even on the gaming end of things, Nintendo's been kind of fizzling out. They could use some good news.

Not to be the friendly neighborhood Grammar Nazi, but this is right up there with "could care less." It's "take with a grain of salt." A boatload of salt would imply we could take them seriously. I mean ... you're free to say it that way ... just realize that somewhere in the world ... every time you say it that way ... a baby kitten dies. Please think of the kittens.

Not only are you wrong about the salt thing, you're wrong about "Could care less." The phrase doesn't make sense literally because it was never meant to be literal. It's an Idiom. The more literal rendering "could not care less" by people bothered by the logic of it (like me) is actually the deviation and "wrong" from a prescriptive standpoint.
    Last edited by bobtheduck; 08-12-2013 at 08:19.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    if those numbers are real, can't imagine ey zone.
    (•_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Wrong thread, sorry about that..
    Last edited by K2D; 08-13-2013 at 00:31.

Wishlist: inFAMOUS, SotC 2, Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2, next Obsidian Fallout, Fallout 4, Project Eternity, ND's PS4 game

Veteran
    Xbox One will almost definitely release before playatation 4, when sony announces the date at gamescom Microsoft will cut at least 2 weeks off the date and launch before Sony guaranteed
    Ha! I see what you did there.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by Georges View Post
    I think Gamefaqs banned it too didn't it?

Anyway, I don't think people care wether it's VGChartz or not, as inaccurate as it may be. They only denounce it as not legit when the other team is winning.
    Nope, there was some threads suggesting the banning the quotation of VGChartz data and claims suggesting everyone else did, but it never has been and still isn't banned. Just got to gamefaqs and search and you'll still see it quoted occassionally, just like everywhere else but NeoGAF.

LOL, that would be funny considering the rest of the world has a lower traditional XBOX support base. I'd say that comment is just about as reliable as VGChartz data.

It's possible, but highly doubtful, but it doesn't really matter for the holiday sales as long as Sony delivers before Black Friday. Which there's every indication that they will. We'll find out in a bit over a week though won't we

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk

PS4 Has More Pre-orders Than Xbox One, "By Long Shot 150:30" says GameStop Manager

This is *one* anonymous GameStop Manager's word, so it doesn't need a new thread, but still..

Source: http://www.gamepur.com/news/12678-ps...p-manager.html

http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments...ama_about_ps4/

Veteran
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    150:30? Why not a simple 5:1.

That's actually one hell of a big difference.

24. Likes Merchant wishes they had posted this first.
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    saigon1914
    Well here is some more proof.

http://www.gamepur.com/news/12678-ps...p-manager.html

Just few days time period is left for the launch of Playstation 4 and Xbox One, both Sony and Microsoft are leaving no stone unturned to make it a massive success.
    Neither Sony nor Microsoft have revealed pre-order figures for both consoles, however a GameStop Store manager via a recent AMA on Reddit provided details regarding which among PS4 and Xbox One has more pre-orders.

This GameStop store manager was "How many PS4 perorders have you received at your store in total?", to which he replied:

"I think my store hit ~150 vs ~30 XBone"
    Reddit user "kilogttam" added: "It's a lot more than I expected but I keep seeing people reporting ~3x as many PS4 preorders as Xbox One."
    To this GameStop Manager replied: "Yupp, the only store I saw with more XBone pre orders than PS4 was a mall store, had like 110 PS4 and 115 Xbone. Otherwise on average, there are a decent amount more PS4 pre orders."
    Later on Reddit user "silverstax" asked him: "Which system has more preorders?"

GameStop Manager replied: "PS4 by a long shot, ~150 to ~30,

Silverstax went on to have more clarification and so asked: "At just your store, or is that the averse age ratio for many GameStop stores?

To this GameStop Manager replied: "That is for my store. On avg there have been more PS4's than XB One pre orders. some stores may have more Xb's than PS4's but from what I saw not by much."

So guys if details revealed by this GameStop Manager is anything to go by, PS4 pre-orders are way ahead of Xbox One.

You can read full AMA HERE

Veteran
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    150:30? Why not a simple 5:1.

That's actually one hell of a big difference.
    What do you expect, he's a Game Stop manager and never learned out to reduce fractions.

Apprentice
    If this is true it is great news for Sony

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    You're absolutely right. So I would take their numbers with a boat-load of salt.
    The term is "grain of salt". If you took their numbers with a boatload of salt, it would mean you take them very seriously.

/grammar rant
    “Don’t fear failure. Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail.” ~ Bruce Lee

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Skullomainia
    I always thought it was 'a pinch of salt..'

Thread Information