Sony Confirm That PS Plus Isn't Required For Streaming Game Video

old news ish :/

3. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go

Sony Confirm That PS Plus Isn't Required For Streaming Game Video

Yesterday, we learned that the Game DVR features of the Xbox One would be locked behind the Xbox Live Gold paywall, meaning that you couldn’t stream or record your games without the £40 a year subscription.
    While we were aware that the PS4 would record the last fifteen minutes of gameplay at all times without the need for a PlayStation Plus subscription, we weren’t entirely sure if the same was true for the game streaming and whether that would be locked behind the paywall of PS Plus.
    Thankfully, Shuhei Yoshida has confirmed on twitter that you won’t require Plus for streaming, recording or posting videos.
    http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/08/...ng-game-video/

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    AverageNinjaNL
    Great news!

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dj- View Post
    old news ish :/
    Nope. Know about something we don't?

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    Nope. Know about something we don't?
    sony confirm this few months back saying "all social features are free " and how sony is marking this a social feature

not hard to put them 2 together

8. Likes K2D likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Sony does what microsoftdont.

The confirmation is for the "me too" crowd that believed because ms did it, Sony will follow suite

So every body gets to record 15min of gameplay and stream for free on one console And on the other you get to pay to record 5 min (I think) of gameplay and streaming

Then you have free apps on one box and on the other, you have to pay to use this apps?

I swear if I was a consumer that didn't know any of the consoles coming out and I see a list comparing these two consoles feature set...Oh well, good for ps consumers

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by YoungMullah88; 08-08-2013 at 15:47.

10. Likes x_terna, mistercrow, -Dj- likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    ...For the 10th time.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dj- View Post
    sony confirm this few months back saying "all social features are free " and how sony is marking this a social feature

not hard to put them 2 together
    I follow your thread of reason. Kind of a stretch to call youtube a social feature, but I'll give you credit for putting the two and two's together

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    I follow your thread of reason. Kind of a stretch to call youtube a social feature, but I'll give you credit for putting the two and two's together
    sony just reconfirming it in smaller words, so they still have the win over xbox

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    While on one hand this is great news, this also makes it seem like you have to have PS+ just to be able to play online since everything else is free.
    This somewhat makes the PS+ seem like its not really worth it (asides for the free games and discounts I guess, but that is only if you care about those things), but that is only because on Xbox one you need Gold membership for almost everything.
    It almost seems like Sony are forcing PS+ on mutlplayer gaming only because Microsoft is.
    I got nothing against paying for online. Just saying.
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

Playstation Move for the win!

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator 101 View Post
    While on one hand this is great news, this also makes it seem like you have to have PS+ just to be able to play online since everything else is free.
    This somewhat makes the PS+ seem like its not really worth it (asides for the free games and discounts I guess, but that is only if you care about those things), but that is only because on Xbox one you need Gold membership for almost everything.
    It almost seems like Sony are forcing PS+ on mutlplayer gaming only because Microsoft is.
    I got nothing against paying for online. Just saying.
    I looked at it as charging so they can offer, build, and give us a better network and gaming experience. Gaikai cost around 350 million (i think)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    All those servers for us to download patches and dedicated servers for the games cost money and lots of it. Hopefully now patches will download faster because now there is more funding for more badnwidth and serves.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    All those servers for us to download patches and dedicated servers for the games cost money and lots of it. Hopefully now patches will download faster because now there is more funding for more badnwidth and serves.
    Yep exactly. Having a completely free network was never a sustainable business model. People want more features, more bandwidth, faster downloads, cloud servers, etc. well that stuff costs money to implement.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Yep exactly. Having a completely free network was never a sustainable business model. People want more features, more bandwidth, faster downloads, cloud servers, etc. well that stuff costs money to implement.
    Oh yeah, anyone thinking online was going to be free forever was fooling themselves. Even back in the Dreamcast days it started out free and then i can remember paying subs for my accounts on 2k sports games and what not down the line.

I guess some people never heard the phrase 'money doesn't grow on trees'. That applies to all aspects of life. You want great service? You're going to pay for it.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    Oh yeah, anyone thinking online was going to be free forever was fooling themselves. Even back in the Dreamcast days it started out free and then i can remember paying subs for my accounts on 2k sports games and what not down the line.

I guess some people never heard the phrase 'money doesn't grow on trees'. That applies to all aspects of life. You want great service? You're going to pay for it.
    Unless the currency where you live are apples, because those do grow on trees!

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Apprentice

Can't believe Microsoft is still gonna make you have an XBL Gold membership to use Netflix and social features etc. Glad to see Sony is keeping everything basically the same as the PS3, other than having to have PS+ to play games online. But I guess you'll earn that money back with the free games.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Quote Originally Posted by PSTrey View Post
    Can't believe Microsoft is still gonna make you have an XBL Gold membership to use Netflix and social features etc. Glad to see Sony is keeping everything basically the same as the PS3, other than having to have PS+ to play games online. But I guess you'll earn that money back with the free games.
    Of course microsoft is all about that money. The more $#@! they put behind the paywall the more likely u are to buy it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Pretty sure most people on this forum will be getting Plus anyway.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    Pretty sure most people on this forum will be getting Plus anyway.
    Can't blow up tanks in bf4 multiplayer without it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post

Until Nintendo starts charging, that statement is false.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Superior Member
    happy that i support a company that won't nickel and dime me for stuff that outta be free.

Thread Information