Latest PSU headlines:

Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    Master Sage
    HellsJester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Darkest Dungeon
    Posts
    13,027
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    31,128 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

    Sony Confirm That PS Plus Isn't Required For Streaming Game Video



    RIP Oculus Rift



  2. #2
    Forum Guru
    -Dj-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,514
    Rep Power
    67
    Points
    71,241 (302,302 Banked)

    Sony Confirm That PS Plus Isn't Required For Streaming Game Video

    old news ish :/

  3. Likes AaronSOLDIER wishes they had posted this first.
  4. #3
    Elite Guru
    berts08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    N.Ireland
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,551
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    6,953 (4,000 Banked)
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go

    Sony Confirm That PS Plus Isn't Required For Streaming Game Video

    Yesterday, we learned that the Game DVR features of the Xbox One would be locked behind the Xbox Live Gold paywall, meaning that you couldn’t stream or record your games without the £40 a year subscription.
    While we were aware that the PS4 would record the last fifteen minutes of gameplay at all times without the need for a PlayStation Plus subscription, we weren’t entirely sure if the same was true for the game streaming and whether that would be locked behind the paywall of PS Plus.
    Thankfully, Shuhei Yoshida has confirmed on twitter that you won’t require Plus for streaming, recording or posting videos.
    http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/08/...ng-game-video/


    “Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke


    PSN ID: berts08



  5. #4
    Apprentice
    AverageNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Zeewolde; the Netherlands
    PSN ID
    AverageNinjaNL
    Age
    17
    Posts
    331
    Rep Power
    12
    Points
    3,335 (0 Banked)
    Great news!

  6. #5
    Dedicated Member
    K2D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,353
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    4,967 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dj- View Post
    old news ish :/
    Nope. Know about something we don't?

    Wishlist: inFAMOUS, SotC 2, Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2, next Obsidian Fallout, Fallout 4, Project Eternity, ND's PS4 game
    ...
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

  7. #6
    Forum Guru
    -Dj-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,514
    Rep Power
    67
    Points
    71,241 (302,302 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    Nope. Know about something we don't?
    sony confirm this few months back saying "all social features are free " and how sony is marking this a social feature

    not hard to put them 2 together

  8. Likes K2D wishes they had posted this first.
  9. #7
    PSU Live Streamer
    YoungMullah88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Charlotte
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Posts
    13,738
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    24,827 (1,800 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Sony does what microsoftdont.

    The confirmation is for the "me too" crowd that believed because ms did it, Sony will follow suite

    So every body gets to record 15min of gameplay and stream for free on one console And on the other you get to pay to record 5 min (I think) of gameplay and streaming

    Then you have free apps on one box and on the other, you have to pay to use this apps?

    I swear if I was a consumer that didn't know any of the consoles coming out and I see a list comparing these two consoles feature set...Oh well, good for ps consumers

    Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by YoungMullah88; 08-08-2013 at 14:47.

  10. Likes x_terna, mistercrow, -Dj- wishes they had posted this first.
  11. #8
    Ultimate Veteran
    AaronSOLDIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Age
    21
    Posts
    20,412
    Rep Power
    115
    Points
    60,849 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    ...For the 10th time.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

    yay, next gen!

  12. #9
    Dedicated Member
    K2D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,353
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    4,967 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dj- View Post
    sony confirm this few months back saying "all social features are free " and how sony is marking this a social feature

    not hard to put them 2 together
    I follow your thread of reason. Kind of a stretch to call youtube a social feature, but I'll give you credit for putting the two and two's together

    Wishlist: inFAMOUS, SotC 2, Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2, next Obsidian Fallout, Fallout 4, Project Eternity, ND's PS4 game
    ...
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

  13. #10
    Forum Guru
    -Dj-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,514
    Rep Power
    67
    Points
    71,241 (302,302 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    I follow your thread of reason. Kind of a stretch to call youtube a social feature, but I'll give you credit for putting the two and two's together
    sony just reconfirming it in smaller words, so they still have the win over xbox

  14. #11
    Forum Guru
    Terminator 101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Newmarket, Toronto, Ontario
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,669
    Rep Power
    69
    Points
    5,963 (440 Banked)
    While on one hand this is great news, this also makes it seem like you have to have PS+ just to be able to play online since everything else is free.
    This somewhat makes the PS+ seem like its not really worth it (asides for the free games and discounts I guess, but that is only if you care about those things), but that is only because on Xbox one you need Gold membership for almost everything.
    It almost seems like Sony are forcing PS+ on mutlplayer gaming only because Microsoft is.
    I got nothing against paying for online. Just saying.
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

    Playstation Move for the win!

  15. #12
    Super Elite
    chrisw26308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,371
    Rep Power
    69
    Points
    10,258 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator 101 View Post
    While on one hand this is great news, this also makes it seem like you have to have PS+ just to be able to play online since everything else is free.
    This somewhat makes the PS+ seem like its not really worth it (asides for the free games and discounts I guess, but that is only if you care about those things), but that is only because on Xbox one you need Gold membership for almost everything.
    It almost seems like Sony are forcing PS+ on mutlplayer gaming only because Microsoft is.
    I got nothing against paying for online. Just saying.
    I looked at it as charging so they can offer, build, and give us a better network and gaming experience. Gaikai cost around 350 million (i think)

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  16. #13
    Power Member
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    16,638
    Rep Power
    120
    Points
    34,155 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    All those servers for us to download patches and dedicated servers for the games cost money and lots of it. Hopefully now patches will download faster because now there is more funding for more badnwidth and serves.

  17. #14
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,669
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    154,540 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    All those servers for us to download patches and dedicated servers for the games cost money and lots of it. Hopefully now patches will download faster because now there is more funding for more badnwidth and serves.
    Yep exactly. Having a completely free network was never a sustainable business model. People want more features, more bandwidth, faster downloads, cloud servers, etc. well that stuff costs money to implement.

  18. #15
    Master Guru
    TDbank24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,614
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    31,710 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Yep exactly. Having a completely free network was never a sustainable business model. People want more features, more bandwidth, faster downloads, cloud servers, etc. well that stuff costs money to implement.
    Oh yeah, anyone thinking online was going to be free forever was fooling themselves. Even back in the Dreamcast days it started out free and then i can remember paying subs for my accounts on 2k sports games and what not down the line.

    I guess some people never heard the phrase 'money doesn't grow on trees'. That applies to all aspects of life. You want great service? You're going to pay for it.


  19. #16
    Veteran
    MonkeyClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,687
    Rep Power
    89
    Points
    136,257 (0 Banked)
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    Oh yeah, anyone thinking online was going to be free forever was fooling themselves. Even back in the Dreamcast days it started out free and then i can remember paying subs for my accounts on 2k sports games and what not down the line.

    I guess some people never heard the phrase 'money doesn't grow on trees'. That applies to all aspects of life. You want great service? You're going to pay for it.
    Unless the currency where you live are apples, because those do grow on trees!


    PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

  20. #17
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Age
    24
    Posts
    203
    Rep Power
    35
    Points
    2,439 (0 Banked)
    Can't believe Microsoft is still gonna make you have an XBL Gold membership to use Netflix and social features etc. Glad to see Sony is keeping everything basically the same as the PS3, other than having to have PS+ to play games online. But I guess you'll earn that money back with the free games.

  21. #18
    Dedicated Member
    Gantz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Posts
    1,119
    Rep Power
    54
    Points
    4,105 (2,400 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by PSTrey View Post
    Can't believe Microsoft is still gonna make you have an XBL Gold membership to use Netflix and social features etc. Glad to see Sony is keeping everything basically the same as the PS3, other than having to have PS+ to play games online. But I guess you'll earn that money back with the free games.
    Of course microsoft is all about that money. The more shit they put behind the paywall the more likely u are to buy it.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

    Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

  22. #19
    Power Member
    Dave-The-Rave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Age
    24
    Posts
    16,858
    Rep Power
    124
    Points
    32,602 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Pretty sure most people on this forum will be getting Plus anyway.
    Trophy-licious!


    3DS: 3754-7606-9595

  23. #20
    Dedicated Member
    Gantz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Posts
    1,119
    Rep Power
    54
    Points
    4,105 (2,400 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    Pretty sure most people on this forum will be getting Plus anyway.
    Can't blow up tanks in bf4 multiplayer without it.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

    Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

  24. #21
    Ultimate Veteran
    AaronSOLDIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Age
    21
    Posts
    20,412
    Rep Power
    115
    Points
    60,849 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    Oh yeah, anyone thinking online was going to be free forever was fooling themselves. Even back in the Dreamcast days it started out free and then i can remember paying subs for my accounts on 2k sports games and what not down the line.

    I guess some people never heard the phrase 'money doesn't grow on trees'. That applies to all aspects of life. You want great service? You're going to pay for it.
    Until Nintendo starts charging, that statement is false.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

    yay, next gen!

  25. #22
    Apprentice
    Peregrin8X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    orange county
    Posts
    478
    Rep Power
    14
    Points
    10,226 (0 Banked)
    happy that i support a company that won't nickel and dime me for stuff that outta be free.
    ALL 3RD PARTY MULTIPLATFORM GAMES WILL BE SUPERIOR ON PS4 NOW AND IN THE FUTURE!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.