Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation

I Don't Understand Microsoft

During E3 2013, Sony announced:

-PS4 would be region free
    -PS4 would not charge for used games
    -PS4 would not require you to be online

So Microsoft made some policy changes with the Xbox One.

-Xbox One is now region free
    -Xbox One will now not charge for used games
    -Xbox One will not always require you to be online

Microsoft must have noticed all the exclusives the PS3 had, because E3 2013 showed off Ryse, a new Halo, Forza, Titan Fall, and other exclusives.

Here's what I don't understand. Microsoft did all this so it would be on the same level as Sony. Consumers were angry about the Xbox One's former restrictions. Why not do something BETTER than Sony?

Throw something more into Xbox One, something different. Instead of staying with Sony, why not do your own thing? Just because consumers like the fact Sony supports lots of indie developers doesn't mean you have to like indie developers.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    During E3 2013, Sony announced:

-PS4 would be region free
    -PS4 would not charge for used games
    -PS4 would not require you to be online

So Microsoft made some policy changes with the Xbox One.

-Xbox One is now region free
    -Xbox One will now not charge for used games
    -Xbox One will not always require you to be online
    Only the last one was reversed, none of the other stuff was every announced or reversed. Just made up bull$#@! by fear mongers.
    Microsoft must have noticed all the exclusives the PS3 had, because E3 2013 showed off Ryse, a new Halo, Forza, Titan Fall, and other exclusives.

Here's what I don't understand. Microsoft did all this so it would be on the same level as Sony. Consumers were angry about the Xbox One's former restrictions. Why not do something BETTER than Sony?
    Their current line up of games is way more/better than what Sony has announced. Granted Soy hasn't announced a whole hell of a lot. But I think announcing a bucket load of games, beats 3 games?
    Throw something more into Xbox One, something different. Instead of staying with Sony, why not do your own thing? Just because consumers like the fact Sony supports lots of indie developers doesn't mean you have to like indie developers.
    What? MS lead the indie scene, all Sony have really done is help some of the better indies transition to proper published games.

Sony copied MS's lead on indie games. Not the other way around. And like all good companies, they improved upon MS's offering's. And it will likely swing the other way.

Its called competition and that's a good thing.
    Last edited by mynd; 08-09-2013 at 12:20.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Superior Member
    Microsoft dis something different/better than sony.
    Its called Kinect 2. VOICE control is the future, my grandfather who has dementia can hardly use the TV remote or remember TV channels. If it wasnt so expensive i would recommend it for my grandparents. I told them about it that you can say "History channel, Nat geo, ect) he likes pawn stars, mountain men, and life below zero ... well my dad does and that's what he puts on for him to watch when were over

Also almost forgot the motion control and video stuff. Its making me wonder and I love all kinds of Inventions and Innovations (disney world 2000 represent lol. is that attraction still there? I remember picking a color of paint and flinging it at a screen. That technology is finally here) If MS can take your picture and blend it into a dog or cat like they did in disney world's innovations and be able to email it to relatives like i did from their stand everyone would lose their minds. Also if they make a lightgun or let you use your own bb or airsoft uzi like i have to play call of duty or halo it would be un-resistable to me
    Last edited by MossadAgentO; 08-09-2013 at 13:12.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Only the last one was reversed, none of the other stuff was every announced or reversed. Just made up bull$#@! by fear mongers.

Their current line up of games is way more/better than what Sony has announced. Granted Soy hasn't announced a whole hell of a lot. But I think announcing a bucket load of games, beats 3 games?

What? MS lead the indie scene, all Sony have really done is help some of the better indies transition to proper published games.

Sony copied MS's lead on indie games. Not the other way around. And like all good companies, they improved upon MS's offering's. And it will likely swing the other way.

Yup, nailed it. You replied exactly as to how I would have replied.

Veteran

I agree that competition is a good thing, but there needs to be more that separates the PS4 and Xbox One. People are asking what is the difference other than the obvious and I see why.

I know Xbox One preorders look good, but if they want them to look better, do something to further separate from Sony.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Yup, nailed it. You replied exactly as to how I would have replied.
    Yep, plus they have a much improved 1080p kinect and offers day 1 cloud support.

Super Elite
    LOL at sony copied ms. Lets not forget who was on the scene first coughs lol. secondly Sony let indies self publish. MS didn't. Ms has region locked. Sony does not. MS tried the drm and failed. Sony did not. Moral to the story MS had to back paddle upstream. Either way MS does have good games but titanfall isn't exclusive. Ryse is gimmicky and halo *holds breath* lol yall can't stay away from shooters lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] In the darkest abyss I still see you with my perfect sharigan young jedi!

8. Likes JDizzleNO1 , Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by dondidit View Post
    LOL at sony copied ms. Lets not forget who was on the scene first coughs lol. secondly Sony let indies self publish. MS didn't. Ms has region locked. Sony does not. MS tried the drm and failed. Sony did not. Moral to the story MS had to back paddle upstream. Either way MS does have good games but titanfall isn't exclusive. Ryse is gimmicky and halo *holds breath* lol yall can't stay away from shooters lol.
    That would be neither of them. Your post wreaks of hate...lol MS has a better lineup than sony IMO. Much better and more variety. As for shooters Killzone falls into that category too ya know.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 08-09-2013 at 20:48.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Georges_2251
    Items Final Fantasy Tactics
    They just throw $#@! on a wall and see what sticks.

Also:
    Isn't that what any console is supposed to do?
    It's like saying all Pop artists copied Madonna because they make pop music.
    Your sig is too friggin' big. Please change it. ~ PSU Staff

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Georges View Post

Isn't that what any console is supposed to do?
    It's like saying all Pop artists copied Madonna because they make pop music.
    Yes, but that's not the point of the thread.

Forum Sage
    No, that's what you would like everyone to believe (because of your strong bias towards Microsoft.)

Not surprising at all, coming from you.

So, what changed? If Microsoft was "leading" the indie scene, why weren't they the first to announce their plans with the Xbox One?

Right, that is why we knew Sony's stance on indies with the PS4 way before Microsoft.

Yes, it is. Sony is also Microsoft's competition and Microsoft has made quite a few changes this time around because of Sony (which you're trying to play down.)

13. Likes Justin , x_terna, Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    No, that's what you would like everyone to believe (because of your strong bias towards Microsoft.)
    Either put up or sit down in the back sets, find ONE quote where MS said they would block used game sales.

Not surprising at all, coming from you.
    Sony has announced three dam game, you cant get around that. That's not coming from ME, that's coming from them. They are holding back on game announcements, which is not a bad thing to do either.
    So, what changed? If Microsoft was "leading" the indie scene, why weren't they the first to announce their plans with the Xbox One?
    Because you cant tell the difference between indie, and self publishing?
    Right, that is why we knew Sony's stance on indies with the PS4 way before Microsoft.
    Of course we knew before MS, they announced it in Feb. SMH.
    Yes, it is. Sony is also Microsoft's competition and Microsoft has made quite a few changes this time around because of Sony (which you're trying to play down.)
    Where am I downplaying anything.

MS never announced anything for indie devs. We all just assumed it was going to be a continuation of the 360 policies.
    They never announced blocking used game sales.
    They never announced region friggin locking either.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    It's crazy how the PS4 has the most momentum and hasn't even scratched the surface of their year one launch titles.

Why is that? Is it because people know the games are coming for the ps4(based off the ps3's history)? Is it because of the price difference? Is it because MS really screwed up the pr for the xbone(Tho they are repairing it a bit)?
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    It's crazy how the PS4 has the most momentum and hasn't even scratched the surface of their year one launch titles.

Why is that? Is it because people know the games are coming for the ps4(based off the ps3's history)? Is it because of the price difference? Is it because MS really screwed up the pr for the xbone(Tho they are repairing it a bit)?
    Mainly the whole DRM and also price I think.
    Drm started it, price has continued it.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    I really wish they went with their original game plan 100% it would have been a horrendous spectacular failure greater than the Wii U.
    Would have been fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    I agree that competition is a good thing, but there needs to be more that separates the PS4 and Xbox One. People are asking what is the difference other than the obvious and I see why.

I know Xbox One preorders look good, but if they want them to look better, do something to further separate from Sony.
    Microsoft has been spending all year just to catch SONY's tail, if you can only somewhat match the competition how do you expect to beat them in sales.
    PS4 is no joke looking like it'll thrash the Xbox 4:1 100million for SONY 25 for Xbox.
    Last edited by mickice; 08-10-2013 at 02:36.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    Here is the deal breaker for me. MS making Kinect mandatory. I don't want it, I will never want it, and I refuse to pay for it. Until MS comes out with a bundle minus Kinect for $100 cheaper they can stick it up their ass.

8 years and counting!

19. Likes 33x likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post

You mean had the momentum. Only thing they have right now is a cheaper price which is understandable because you are getting less hardware. As for everything else, they are right there and even ahead of sony in certain things like online services. It was rocky a few months ago but right now xbox-one is looking pretty good. A lot of positive things have been reported lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    I really wish they went with their original game plan 100% it would have been a horrendous spectacular failure greater than the Wii U.
    Would have been fun to watch.
    We don't know that for sure. It definitely would of hurt their sales but failure is stretching it. Even if they totally fail they could bounce back. Can't say for sure if sony could.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 08-10-2013 at 02:35.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    PS3 is the ultimate bounce back man, bounce back champion. The question is could Microsoft make such a turn around and are the Xbox One turn arounds meaningful enough to beat the PS4 or do they need more?

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    You mean had the momentum. Only thing they have right now is a cheaper price which is understandable because you are getting less hardware. As for everything else, they are right there and even ahead of sony in certain things like online services. It was rocky a few months ago but right now xbox-one is looking pretty good. A lot of positive things have been reported lately.

We don't know that for sure. It definitely would of hurt their sales but failure is stretching it. Even if they totally fail they could bounce back. Can't say for sure if sony could.
    They still have the momentum IMO. Although it's definitely nowhere near ad large as it was a couple months ago. The price difference is a big selling point. Not to mention that extra hardware, a lot of people don't want is the reason for that. Just like with PS3, not many wanted to pay 200 more for blu ray. That caused MS to have a bunch of momentum going forward. I see the situation as the same but the roles are different.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    They still have the momentum IMO. Although it's definitely nowhere near ad large as it was a couple months ago. The price difference is a big selling point. Not to mention that extra hardware, a lot of people don't want is the reason for that. Just like with PS3, not many wanted to pay 200 more for blu ray. That caused MS to have a bunch of momentum going forward. I see the situation as the same but the roles are different.
    And a lot of people do. I still say it's a good decision to include kinect right now. It's better than having to sell it on it's own right now. If the sales start lagging they can always drop it and still have some units out there. Sell all you can at launch and go from there.

Super Elite
    LOL I don't wreak of hate. I wreak of truth and those who typically say things like that hate to be proven wrong. It's no secret that 360 is the home of shooters. Sony doesn't have to hide behind shooters. They create their own genre's. Now I am glad to see MS have first party studios that is doing something different. But YES I KNOW KILLZONE IS A SHOOTER LOL.

and In your opinion so I have an opinion too don't be mad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] In the darkest abyss I still see you with my perfect sharigan young jedi!

Super Elite
    I like the way you use your words

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    And a lot of people do. I still say it's a good decision to include kinect right now. It's better than having to sell it on it's own right now. If the sales start lagging they can always drop it and still have some units out there. Sell all you can at launch and go from there.
    I think it's a piss poor decision. Nothing really worth making it mandatory at launch.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by dondidit View Post
    LOL I don't wreak of hate. I wreak of truth
    Really?

Ms has region locked. -Bull$#@!
    360 is the home of shooters. -Sony owns more FPS franchises than MS.
    Sony doesn't have to hide behind shooters. -MAG, Killzone, Resistance all say Hi.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    hypothetical question for you guys, if microsoft DID NOT change it's policies, what would the discussion be now? how would you feel about MS and the xbox one? im really asking for the guys that are leaning more towards MS's side (you know who you are )

Thread Information