View Poll Results: If you could improve one thing about PlayStation Vita what would it be?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • More games

12 30.00%
  • Better games

17 42.50%
  • Better interface

1 2.50%
  • Improved multi-tasking

1 2.50%
  • More/smoother social connectivity options

1 2.50%
  • Better integration with PS3

1 2.50%
  • Enhanced media options

0 0%
  • Other

7 17.50%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    More variety of game types.

Or just in general more games.
    Be Together - Not the same.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I think the games will be coming, and the price is going to reduce soon. I think getting the mem card situation under control; i.e. larger capacity, lower prices, will help the system as well. More storage for more digital purchases.

3. Likes VayMasters86 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Sorry i got the wrong post in this thread
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Wierd.. I was posting in this thread without any other windows open, and for some reason it ended up in a PS4 thread..
    Last edited by K2D; 08-13-2013 at 01:59.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Veteran
    PSN ID
    saigon1914
    Though I figured most would say games, bu I believe the real issue is the price. For a handheld device, it is kind of expensive, though the value of the tech outweighs the cost. I think a better price point will allow more to adapt to the platform. I already have a feeling that the PS4 iteration will help with sales a great deal.

PSN ID
    Khronicol
    I'm in with "Better Games" I bought this to have a console in my hand not a uber-phone that doesn't well "phone". I would be even willing to pay full pop ($60) for them if they were up there in quality with Uncharted:Golden Abyss, AC:3 Liberation(minus MP), and Killzone:Mercenary (I hope, because for the love of gawd I don't want this to end up like Resistance:Burning Skies). These are the type AAA games I expected.

Oh and cheaper Memory. That is holding many back.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Items DoomPlayStationDiablo IIIBlizzardDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    I've been playing my Vita quite a lot lately (after a pretty long break) and i must say it's a fine console and there is a decent amount of games available (especially as ps+ member).

One thing grinds my gears though - my "x" button started squeaking like the bed of a 70 year old hooker
    I hope it'll magically un$#@! itself in time, must've played too many jump and runs.
    Last edited by Beast of Bourbon; 08-13-2013 at 23:41.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    They definelty have to do something about their MEMORY CARDS. I'm not paying (where I'm from) 65 dollars for a 32 GB flash card.

Edit: Might just get this (the $5 one) instead.. [removed]
    Last edited by K2D; 08-14-2013 at 04:07.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]

Forum Overseer
    become a home console XD

11. Likes EchoNovember likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    They definelty have to do something about their MEMORY CARDS. I'm not paying (where I'm from) 65 dollars for a 32 GB flash card.

Edit: Might just get this (the $5 one) instead.. http://www.amazon.com/microSDHC-Micr...rds=vita+32+gb
    That's for the PSP, not the Vita.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    That's for the PSP, not the Vita.
    Damned. You're right. And it's 110 dollars minimum excluding postage (Nor). That's f***ed up Sony.
    Last edited by K2D; 08-15-2013 at 19:54.

PSN ID
    Khronicol
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    become a home console XD
    This!

I was shocked when it didn't have any output to TV. I know it's a portable, but didn't they have to make 2 iterations of the PSP (2000-3000) to make this work right.
    It has the ability to, they just need to release the cable to the public. Then it really would resemble something like a PS2.8ish that you can take with you anywhere.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Oh, I'd love to see some tv out option so I can do some nice captures...

Forum Elder
    Tv out would be awesome.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID
    Khronicol
    I think it was PSNStores.com that tweeted that there is a "special cable" for output/capturing. I am assuming that is what the "mystery port" next to the Vita card slot is. That "mystery port" that my Provincial Sony rep at EB supposedly didn't even know what it was for.

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    The Vita is possibly my favorite console ever, including home consoles which is saying a lot. However, there's a big problem for overseas gamers like me: multiple accounts. As someone from Spain, my main account HAD to be European in case I ever went back home. However, buying things in the Americas limits the chances for me to get DLC. The end result? I don't buy many games I'm sure will get DLC down the line since I'd like to get that too.

Shameful since this wasn't the case with PS3.
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Forum Overseer
    i don't wanna look like i'm being a troll but Nintendo, as always, knows what sort of games to put out on a handheld.

you guys gotta understand that handheld games should not be watered down console games or mobile games. they are games that are specifically designed for the handheld and can only be fun on that particular device.

when people say, i want more of rachet and clank or uncharted abyss or games of that sort, i almost throw up in my mouth because i don't get the point of getting those when you already have a better version on a console! and if you don't have a console then get the damn console!

this is what Nintendo gets and will always be king as long as Sony doesn't.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    Tv out would be awesome.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    This. And not stupid like on the PSP where they only give you a tiny part of the screen, either. It's not as though there's a valid chance the Vita will cannibalize PS4 sales in the US. In Japan, maybe. Just make the Japanese one without the video out! 4

you guys gotta understand that handheld games should not be watered down console games or mobile games. they are games that are specifically designed for the handheld and can only be fun on that particular device.

I disagree. What I hated most about the PSP is how few proper JRPGs there were. SO many dungeon crawlers and TRPGs. Games that should have been full experiences like Tales games ended up being dungeon crawlers. I hate dungeon crawlers, and I'm so-so on TRPGs. Crisis Core was a bit better, but it was still hub based, and that's a weak substitute.

If they're worried about the time spent playing, just have a save state on shutdown, and it's all good. Pop in, play, save, quit, return, play from where you left off. It's not that hard. The kind of games you're talking about have their place, but so do normal games you want to play on the go. That's all I ever really played on my PSP (via emulators) Real games that weren't designed around time constraints and gimmicky features.
    Last edited by bobtheduck; 08-14-2013 at 19:03.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by bobtheduck View Post
    This. And not stupid like on the PSP where they only give you a tiny part of the screen, either. It's not as though there's a valid chance the Vita will cannibalize PS4 sales in the US. In Japan, maybe. Just make the Japanese one without the video out! 4

I disagree. What I hated most about the PSP is how few proper JRPGs there were. SO many dungeon crawlers and TRPGs. Games that should have been full experiences like Tales games ended up being dungeon crawlers. I hate dungeon crawlers, and I'm so-so on TRPGs. Crisis Core was a bit better, but it was still hub based, and that's a weak substitute.

If they're worried about the time spent playing, just have a save state on shutdown, and it's all good. Pop in, play, save, quit, return, play from where you left off. It's not that hard. The kind of games you're talking about have their place, but so do normal games you want to play on the go. That's all I ever really played on my PSP (via emulators) Real games that weren't designed around time constraints and gimmicky features.
    well i didn't explain it well but yes, i do like RPGs...and DS has always had more though. i do enjoy those. i hate shooters/action games on handhelds, i don't get the point.

need more JRPG/strategy games and then fun quirky ones.

Veteran
    i hate shooters/action games on handhelds, i don't get the point.
    That's because most shooters are multiplayer experiences, and handhelds don't generally put you in a place where you can easily play multiplayer (unless you're a kid, anyhow, hence Pokemon). With proper controls, however, something like Bioshock or HL2 would work great on a handheld, I think.

As for action games... Again, I'll disagree with you. Metal Gear would be great for portables. I have Peace Walker on my PS3, and I'm not really digging it. The reason it sucks is because it takes away a lot of what made the games special. Portable Ops actually played better, in my opinion, but even then, it was hampered by a bad control scheme and being a hub based system. It would be much better to have full console style games like MGS2 or MGS3 on the system. Don't try to gimp it because it's on a handheld.
    Last edited by bobtheduck; 08-14-2013 at 19:16.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by bobtheduck View Post
    That's because most shooters are multiplayer experiences, and handhelds don't generally put you in a place where you can easily play multiplayer (unless you're a kid, anyhow, hence Pokemon). With proper controls, however, something like Bioshock or HL2 would work great on a handheld, I think.
    i would rather have multiplayer on games that are lighter rather than competitive games that require reflexes...it has to be maybe a sports game or something of that nature. i wouldn't mind mini-games like pool/billiard or texas hold em online...i'm not a big fan of handheld online to begin with. we're not there yet.

EDIT: i wouldn't mind any sort of co-op games though.
    Last edited by Omar; 08-14-2013 at 19:20.

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    -Better games: namely like Type-0 HD; Tales of; Grand Theft Auto and perhaps an Elder Scrolls game to name a few
    -Lower price tag: $249.99 is pricy for the average consumer. $179.99 should be appealing to some gamers. The sweet spot would be $149.99 for all.
    -More focus on the handheld: Sony has been avoiding in conferences as of late, they need more Vita-only events, even if they're focused in, Japan.
    -Cheaper memory cards!

If I had to choose just one of the listed above, it would be the better games part.

i don't wanna look like i'm being a troll but Nintendo, as always, knows what sort of games to put out on a handheld.

when people say, i want more of rachet and clank or uncharted abyss or games of that sort, i almost throw up in my mouth because i don't get the point of getting those when you already have a better version on a console! and if you don't have a console then get the damn console!

this is what Nintendo gets and will always be king as long as Sony doesn't.
    I guess i'm people. The reason we ask for ratchet and clank, uncharted and other console games on vita is because thats the appeal of a handheld, having console games on the go. (unfortunately that never seems to happen) if the vita had every decent enough quality game that the ps3 had i would pay even more for that than the ps3 costs. (because i love handheld gaming) the only problem with handheld is game quality, so yes the vita needs more quality games.

Forum Overseer
    your point is valid, i guess i'm looking at it from the perspective of a person who would own both home console and handheld console.

General Manager
    PSN ID
    jonnyvito
    Items 3d dot game heroes3d dot game heroesUser name styleMove360 SlimVitaLightningNaughty DogPlayStation
    Yeah. That is so annoying. Would love to be able to get footage
    DUST 514 name: swillw /Corporation PSU Ghost Syndicate

Thread Information