Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Many said they would not drop the requirement. Yet here we are. It is less likely but not impossible.
    The X1 and kinect go hand in hand, the console was designed with it in mind. Not bundling it would defeat the entire point of even making a kinect 2.0. MS doesn't want just a repeat of what happened with the original kinect, they want to do significantly better.

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Software supports the hardware before the hardware supports the software.

Meaning... having the software being released along with the hardware garners more support compared to just releasing hardware without any software that supports the desire for the hardware.
    I'm willing to bet that kinect software shows up in 2014.

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    All this has made me realize something important. I should have taken bets.
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz | Nvidia 970 GTX | 6 GB Corsair Xms 1333 Mhz | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 250 GB WD HDD | Windows 7 Ultimate |

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    The X1 and kinect go hand in hand, the console was designed with it in mind. Not bundling it would defeat the entire point of even making a kinect 2.0. MS doesn't want just a repeat of what happened with the original kinect, they want to do significantly better.

The console releases in 2013. Software releases in 2014. Don't see a problem with that?

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome

You have a point there.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    The console releases in 2013. Software releases in 2014. Don't see a problem with that?
    I don't see any problems with it. The console is supposedly releasing in Nov. 2014 is really not that far off. There could still be games releasing 1st or 2nd qtr we haven't heard of yet.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple

more shovelware? Lets hope not.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Xbox One(Eighty)

its good that they're adhering to what customers want. as opposed to forcing something they think we need (someone somewhere really $#@!ed that up , someone fresh outta high school could'a told them not to do that)

at this point im fully expecting a kinect-less XB1. that thing adds to the price of the console, and an unwanted commodity being sold at a high price usually doesn't end well.

i wouldn't be surprised if MS's economists were crunching numbers right now trying to figure out if they could subsidise the cost of a 'gamer' version of the XB1 that comes without the unwanted peripheral.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I don't see any problems with it. The console is supposedly releasing in Nov. 2014 is really not that far off. There could still be games releasing 1st or 2nd qtr we haven't heard of yet.
    So wait.....Microsoft delayed the console to next year? when did that happen?

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    LordVenger
    Items User name style
    Now there's a company with a vision for the future they are committed to.

I think the problem is MS assumed all the hard core gamers would just accept whatever they offered as, if one is being honest, they have done in the past. That meant MS could build a TV centric set top box to try sell their new system to none gamers, which is what they revealed initially. They didn't really think of gamers as the market they needed to win, I always thought they'd launch a salvo at Apple and Google not Sony.

Now they have listened to the vocal feedback and have been busy removing everything they claimed in their initial reveal, one by one they've back peddled on everything, all that is left is to sell a sku without a kinect, and I'd be shocked at this point if they don't eventually do so. Which means those fans who liked that new vision got hung out to dry.

Forum Overseer

This is a sad day for innovation.

I get why they're doing it but it's sad as the device is somewhat neutered now. At least it's still bundled but now there will be kinect-less bundles.

Forum Sage
    Didn't seem the affect the PS3 which mostly sold at $600 in the first several months.

It's like complaining the X1 isn't launching with a halo game or equivalent must have exclusive and saying it is doomed to fail. Or like complaining that the original xbox didn't launch with xbl and was bound to fail without it.

Quote Originally Posted by LeisureSuitLarry View Post
    more shovelware? Lets hope not.
    Doubt it. Not really a market for it when the console is ~$500. Good core games with kinect functionality won't just magically appear, they take time to make.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Didn't seem the affect the PS3 which mostly sold at $600 in the first several months.

It's like complaining the X1 isn't launching with a halo game or equivalent must have exclusive and saying it is doomed to fail. Or like complaining that the original xbox didn't launch with xbl and was bound to fail without it.

Doubt it. Not really a market for it when the console is ~$500. Good core games with kinect functionality won't just magically appear, they take time to make.
    It did affect the PS3. Much like it has affected the Vita, the Wii U, etc.

It isn't like complaining that Halo isn't released on launch. It'd be like saying there are only two games coming out for the Xbox One on launch, but stick with us, we'll release games in the next year. So yeah, buy the console, even if there aren't any games coming along.

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    It took a LOOOONG time for MS to clear this up. Why couldn't they have just said this sooner???

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Foraeli View Post
    It took a LOOOONG time for MS to clear this up. Why couldn't they have just said this sooner???
    They had to go by the users reactions. If there wasn't anything except praise for the way they were doing it, it wouldn't have changed. Because of the back lash, they had to change things or suffer the financial consequences.

Forum Sage
    It did affect the PS3. Much like it has affected the Vita, the Wii U, etc.

It isn't like complaining that Halo isn't released on launch. It'd be like saying there are only two games coming out for the Xbox One on launch, but stick with us, we'll release games in the next year. So yeah, buy the console, even if there aren't any games coming along.
    MS is attending gamescom and TGS. They aren't just going to show up to reiterate old info again.

I have a question for you. What reasons did you have for getting a 360 at launch/in the first year?

AFAIK there were possibly only 3 or 4 games that would compel someone to do so.

PGR3 at launch, oblivion and GRAW in March, and gears in November. Pretty sure the X1 will be more compelling than that for the vast majority of people.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    MS is attending gamescom and TGS. They aren't just going to show up to reiterate old info again.

I have a question for you. What reasons did you have for getting a 360 at launch/in the first year?

AFAIK there were possibly only 3 or 4 games that would compel someone to do so.

PGR3 at launch, oblivion and GRAW in March, and gears in November. Pretty sure the X1 will be more compelling than that for the vast majority of people.
    I didn't get the 360 or the PS3 at launch.

Xbox One compelling... sure. The Kinect.. I doubt it'd share the same table. That's what I've been going over. The Kinect being pushed out the door, boxed in a bundle, without anything to really support it.

Forum Sage
    I didn't get the 360 or the PS3 at launch.

Xbox One compelling... sure. The Kinect.. I doubt it'd share the same table. That's what I've been going over. The Kinect being pushed out the door, boxed in a bundle, without anything to really support it.
    I don't think anybody is clamoring for Kinect "intensive" games at launch. I don't see the issue of the games come out in 2014. Better to wait and get good kinect games rather than not and get crap.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    I don't think anybody is clamoring for Kinect "intensive" games at launch. I don't see the issue of the games come out in 2014. Better to wait and get good kinect games rather than not and get crap.
    Sure, I don't mind waiting. I do mind having to purchase the Kinect and not really use it in a meaningful way until next year sometime.

Forum Overseer

I would rather take something at launch that is standard than later something that isn't.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    I would rather take something at launch that is standard than later something that isn't.
    It isn't even standard.. It's just bundled.

Forum Overseer

It isn't even standard.. It's just bundled.
    it's not standard now but it was standard before. supposedly.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    it's not standard now but it was standard before. supposedly.
    I think if it was more than being touted as "standard", then they would have something to support that. It isn't built in the console, so the chances of it being damaged is higher than if it were inside the console. Which would make the console useless until someone replaced the peripheral they already were made to buy once.

None of the "standard" concept makes any sense. I think they wanted to push it as a standard, without anything really backed that up.

Forum Overseer

I think if it was more than being touted as "standard", then they would have something to support that. It isn't built in the console, so the chances of it being damaged is higher than if it were inside the console. Which would make the console useless until someone replaced the peripheral they already were made to buy once.

None of the "standard" concept makes any sense. I think they wanted to push it as a standard, without anything really backed that up.
    yea i agree that it was a radical concept. and yea, a lot of it doesn't make sense. though they had a reason behind everything. just bundling it isn't enough...devs needed to know that everyone definitely had it. with that you have more chances to get more support.

MS did that for the gamers' benefit first...and of course they get to sell the device more this way.

but now we will likely never know the true potential of the device...not saying that it was going to happen without effort...MS still had a long ways to go but this was sort of like the foundation.

i never agreed with the way they did it but i got it...i understood why they did it. it had to be done. i would never agree with Move being a standard but i wouldn't mind a backup motion detection device.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Ok thats a good thing. So now why wont MS provide a $399 sku without Kinect? Why make people pay $100 more for something they dont want and now dont even need?
    This.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    yea i agree that it was a radical concept. and yea, a lot of it doesn't make sense. though they had a reason behind everything. just bundling it isn't enough...devs needed to know that everyone definitely had it. with that you have more chances to get more support.

MS did that for the gamers' benefit first...and of course they get to sell the device more this way.

but now we will likely never know the true potential of the device...not saying that it was going to happen without effort...MS still had a long ways to go but this was sort of like the foundation.

i never agreed with the way they did it but i got it...i understood why they did it. it had to be done. i would never agree with Move being a standard but i wouldn't mind a backup motion detection device.
    Two ways..

One... make everyone that wants that console to have the peripheral. Consumers pay for it, and hope that games come out for it. Games come out, none that I really like, yet I have a $100 accessory that isn't worth squat.
    Two... make some games, market them, and people will buy the Kinect and the games that appeal to them.

The original Kinect sold a lot, and then bundled as well. Yet, no really good software comes. Software sells hardware.

Thread Information