Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    I'm not Japanese, and I only disliked one of your posts because I found it pretty stupid that you're all for $10K+ TV sets yet your against PS3/PS4 in pretty much every thread despite them being ~$400. Oh that's right this is a Xbox forum my mistake.
    #1: I posted examples of 4k displays/tv's that cost 1k or less. Hardly unaffordable. This will only improve with time. To claim that 4K+ is useless would be like claiming HDTV's were pointless 10 years ago. Yet here we are. Also you seem to be overlooking that Sony is a major proponent of 4k, just like they were for 1080p and 720p hdtv's when they were new tech/cutting edge.

What do you have against progress bro?

#2: You clearly haven't been paying attention if you think I am against the ps3/ps4. I am against the dumb $#@! said/claimed about and done with the PS3/PS4, not the consoles themselves.

Considering nintendo has gone awol, sony is the only other competitor to MS. If you really paid attention to my posts, you would know that I don't really care for monopolies in any industry.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    #1: I posted examples of 4k displays/tv's that cost 1k or less. Hardly unaffordable. This will only improve with time. To claim that 4K+ is useless would be like claiming HDTV's were pointless 10 years ago. Yet here we are. Also you seem to be overlooking that Sony is a major proponent of 4k, just like they were for 1080p and 720p hdtv's when they were new tech/cutting edge.

What do you have against progress bro?

#2: You clearly haven't been paying attention if you think I am against the ps3/ps4. I am against the dumb $#@! said/claimed about and done with the PS3/PS4, not the consoles themselves.

Considering nintendo has gone awol, sony is the only other competitor to MS. If you really paid attention to my posts, you would know that I don't really care for monopolies in any industry.
    Are you against $#@! said and done about 361 by MS? Oh, forgot, it's all about the vision and the future for them!!! And yes I have read A LOT of your posts!

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk 2

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

3. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    Are you against $#@! said and done about 361 by MS? Oh, forgot, it's all about the vision and the future for them!!! And yes I have read A LOT of your posts!

Yes I am. Problem is this is a playstation centric site which means there will be a lot more criticism (some of which is bull$#@!) for the xbox here. So that kind of diminishes my need to comment on the negatives, so I spend more time speaking up for the positives.

If this was an xbox centric site I would do the same thing for the PS.

Super Elite
    Kudos but I don't see the point of 4k right now. Most games run at 30fps and 720. Until we can get 60fps and 1080p running smoothly on everything. Then we can talk 4k. Surprised Sony didn't incorporate this I take it they didn't see the point of investing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] In the darkest abyss I still see you with my perfect sharigan young jedi!

6. Likes Demi_God likes this post
    Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Nope wasn't saying that at all. I was one of the first few people to start buying blu rays so yeah. The average joe just doesn't give a $#@! about 3D or 4K, just because a few people here love them doesn't make them mainstream and they probably never will be even 5 years from now DVDs will still own the market unfortunately.
    But you are also saying that the average joe doesn't care about 720p or 1080p either. Which is why your point isn't really making a point. You're saying that only graphics $#@!s care about 4K because average joes don't care about anything above 480p. What I am trying to say is that what the average joe thinks about the visual differences between 480p, 720p, 1080p, or even 4K is kind of irrelevant here.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Yes I am. Problem is this is a playstation centric site which means there will be a lot more criticism (some of which is bull$#@!) for the xbox here. So that kind of diminishes my need to comment on the negatives, so I spend more time speaking up for the positives.

If this was an xbox centric site I would do the same thing for the PS.
    Makes sense, keep on keepin on!!!

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Foraeli View Post
    But you are also saying that the average joe doesn't care about 720p or 1080p either. Which is why your point isn't really making a point.
    With DVDs still owning the market that is pretty accurate tbh.

You're saying that only graphics $#@!s care about 4K because average joes don't care about anything above 480p.
    No I'm not, but the majority are, most games on consoles now are 720p and the only people I see complaining about that are PC gamers who want new console releases every 2 years or so because anything below 1080p/60fps/32X AA must be a terrible game.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Yay! Angry Birds in 4k!
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by MjW View Post
    Yay! Angry Birds in 4k!
    Worms as well.
    'no, no one in their sane mind uses OpenGL on PS3' - Repi
    'nope, PS3 uses a wonderful low-level API called libgcm' - Repi

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    chriharr
    What's makes me angry is in 2006 Sony claimed the PS3 can do 1080p but they were talking about movies specifically not games.

In 2006 majority of people still had TVs that were either 720p or 1080i hardly anyone had a 1080p full hd TV and if they did it might have only been able to play 1080 25/30 50/60p and might not have even been able to do 24p (native movie speed).

It's 2013 we can expect games to run efficiently in 1080p 30/60 because majority of people now have 1080p native sets.

That's why games ran in 720p back in 2007 it was a standard resolution at the time.

The PS4 supposedly plays native 4K video resolutions which might mean more than likely 4K digital streaming will become the next biggest thing with Internet speeds increasing its entirely likely as new 4k codecs can do impressive quality at lower bit rates apparently so that might be whats in store for PS4.

No need for games in 4K in the next 6 years 4K TVs cost 8 grand plus at the moment Indont see any point.
    " A Toll's a toll and a roll's a roll. If we don't get no toll's, then we don't eat no roll's"

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    It's not so much that 4K TV sets are expensive. You can by cheaper 4K HDTV sets. The problem here is efficiency in games and while Xbox One may support 4K games, it's pointless. Not only that but whatever game does happen to be 4K won't have much to it anyway. It would be a very simplistic game. I'm not saying all simplistic games are not fun but I really don't see 4K gaming being a big deal. Even when the PS5 comes out.

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Sooo both consoles support 4K outside of gaming, which is the only place we will see it, and only the One supports 4K for gaming, in which 1080p isn't even a standard yet. I'm okay with this.

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by chriharr View Post
    What's makes me angry is in 2006 Sony claimed the PS3 can do 1080p but they were talking about movies specifically not games.
    There are 1080p native games.
    Not many, but the machine is capable to display them.
    'no, no one in their sane mind uses OpenGL on PS3' - Repi
    'nope, PS3 uses a wonderful low-level API called libgcm' - Repi

Soldier 95B
    Great news for 4k fans.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SmoknJokr
    4k is useless.. There isn't any content for it and wouldn't expect to see any for 5 years at least...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Thanks to Spyrde for the sig/avy

Soldier 95B
    ^ I remember saying that about 1080p like 10 years ago.

In my opinion quality is one of the most important things in gaming.
    Isint it?

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxer View Post
    In my opinion quality is one of the most important things in gaming.
    Isint it?
    Gameplay is first then quality IMO.

Thread Information