Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Elite Member
    K2D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,881
    Rep Power
    70
    Points
    12,067 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk

    Fallout update, Fukushima Japan, august 2013

    Updates on Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster, 10th august 2013.



    RT-network




    Talk radio program, Thom Hartman
    Last edited by K2D; 08-13-2013 at 15:06.

    Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    ...
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

  2. #2
    PSU Technical Advisor
    Vulgotha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,953
    Rep Power
    144
    Points
    108,860 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    1. I am horribly disappointed, I was expecting news on Fallout 4.

    2. Nuclear power is incredibly useful and I think that it would be foolish to turn away from it because of a handful of accidents, two of which should not even really count (3 Mile Island, which was a safe shut down. Chernobyl which was caused entirely by the incompetence of the Ukranian engineers pushing the system past fail safes.).


  3. Likes Demi_God , Mael Duin, Lebowski likes this post
  4. #3
    Stockholm Syndrome
    Sylar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    UK
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Age
    24
    Posts
    9,484
    Rep Power
    100
    Points
    155,209 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    she kept saying contaminate instead of contain, noob!

    sounds like things are $#@!ed




  5. #4
    Ultimate Veteran
    Lefein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    22,962
    Rep Power
    194
    Points
    107,327 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It was all an elaborate plot to create a real-life Godzilla. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

  6. #5
    Friendship is Carrots
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    21
    Posts
    15,764
    Rep Power
    134
    Points
    81,807 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    2. Nuclear power is incredibly useful and I think that it would be foolish to turn away from it because of a handful of accidents, two of which should not even really count (3 Mile Island, which was a safe shut down. Chernobyl which was caused entirely by the incompetence of the Ukranian engineers pushing the system past fail safes.).
    To extend further on this, most are massively unaware that nuclear power is actually the safest method of power production that we have. Or that burning coal and oil for electricity actually releases multitudes more radiation into the environment. Or understand the longevity in cost and energy production benefits nuclear has over any other option.
    Add me on Steam!


    [Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

  7. #6
    PSU Technical Advisor
    Vulgotha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,953
    Rep Power
    144
    Points
    108,860 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    To extend further on this, most are massively unaware that nuclear power is actually the safest method of power production that we have. Or that burning coal and oil for electricity actually releases multitudes more radiation into the environment. Or understand the longevity in cost and energy production benefits nuclear has over any other option.
    Right. There's just this irrational stigma associated with nuclear energy and we really ought to get over it.


  8. #7
    Dedicated Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    1,385
    Rep Power
    51
    Points
    9,160 (0 Banked)
    The protests that have happened against nuclear power since this accident just shows how short-sighted and ignorant some people are on this issue. Nuclear power is essential, and when nuclear fusion is cracked it will take care of the world's energy needs indefinitely.

  9. Likes Vulgotha likes this post
  10. #8
    Elite Member
    K2D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,881
    Rep Power
    70
    Points
    12,067 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    The news here, which no one is commenting on, is how the japanese electric company and the authorities are pulling a wail over their people, and failing to put the cards on the table for the rest of the world. In turn, giving nuclear energy a bad reputation as we're so keenly on about here.

    @mods: feel free to remove " fallout " from the thread title. Makes it at a little less depressing too perhaps..

    Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    ...
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

  11. #9
    Forum Elder
    chrisw26308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,623
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    13,683 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    The news here, which no one is commenting on, is how the japanese electric company and the authorities are pulling a wail over their people, and failing to put the cards on the table for the rest of the world. In turn, giving nuclear energy a bad reputation as we're so keenly on about here.

    @mods: feel free to remove " fallout " from the thread title. Makes it at a little less depressing too perhaps..
    Yep, TEPCO is downplaying this thing.

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  12. #10
    Superior Member
    jinsoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    788
    Rep Power
    45
    Points
    678 (104 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    To extend further on this, most are massively unaware that nuclear power is actually the safest method of power production that we have. Or that burning coal and oil for electricity actually releases multitudes more radiation into the environment. Or understand the longevity in cost and energy production benefits nuclear has over any other option.
    Nuclear power is like the airplanes of energy production. It's the safest method we have. It's just that when something goes wrong, it goes terribly wrong and everyone hears about it.

    PS3 Trophies
    You can do a hundred things right, but it takes only one mistake to destroy everything.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.