Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim

Watch Dogs - Gameplay Series Part 1 "Hacking is Your Weapon"

Apprentice

Kick butt. The more I see the more I want it.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    Quote Originally Posted by ShakesHead View Post
    Kick butt. The more I see the more I want it.
    I'm the complete opposite, this game looks boring.

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by berts08 View Post
    I'm the complete opposite, this game looks boring.
    yeah. Its like there is no other mechanic in the game except hacking. ACIV is looking much much better as far as gameplay goes. I was hyped for this due to the next gen visuals experience but now it seems like a shallow game

Shame really because I wanted this so badly

Master Guru
    Watch Dogs is going to be so much fun to play.

PSU Live Streamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    yeah. Its like there is no other mechanic in the game except hacking. ACIV is looking much much better as far as gameplay goes.
    This is starting to be my feeling as well. When I first saw Watchdogs, I was hype. Now all my hype is going towards AC4. I'm still looking forward to Watchdogs however, just less so then a few months back.

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    This game is definitely just a rental for me.

Elite Member
    The game looks amazing. AC series is beyond played out, so I wont buy the new one until I played this, gta, and a few others. AC is the same crap over and over in a new setting.

9. Likes Suzano-O likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    Quote Originally Posted by billm0066 View Post
    The game looks amazing. AC series is beyond played out, so I wont buy the new one until I played this, gta, and a few others. AC is the same crap over and over in a new setting.
    Most game sequels are the same crap over and over in a new setting.....thats why they are called sequels and not new IPs. You have to ask yourself how much you enjoy that crap and whether or not its worth your time, and of course that answer will differ from person to person.

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Veteran
    Had this game pre ordered since day 1...but $#@! me the graphics are $#@! compared to E3 last year. Very disappointing.
    Forza 5, Fifa 14, Battlefield 4 & Watchdogs - The Perfect Launch Line Up!

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The game should have typical smartphone charging. Hacking is a battery-killer, you have to charge in a Starbucks for few hours - so immersive!

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

13. Likes KungMartin90 , Itachi likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    The game should have typical smartphone charging. Hacking is a battery-killer, you have to charge in a Starbucks for few hours - so immersive!
    Now we're talkin'

To all of you saying its just hacking, Its part one showing just hacking the next parts are going to be about the combat and other stuff

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by JunoDivided View Post
    To all of you saying its just hacking, Its part one showing just hacking the next parts are going to be about the combat and other stuff
    If this is true that's awesome. I'd love to see more on the other mechanics and features.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Quote Originally Posted by JunoDivided View Post
    It was first shown E3 2012 and we have had quite a few videos and gameplay released and still every video just talks about hacking. Show me other skills or heck even just free roam. SHow me how big the city is what I can do in it

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    lmao xD

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    lmao xD
    You could earn bonuses for successfuly dodging employees trying to make you buy something or get out. Ducking into the bathroom, hiding behind other customers or sneaking into the employee locker room and putting on a work apron to blend in while your phone charges could all be ways in which to evade real employees.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    It was first shown E3 2012 and we have had quite a few videos and gameplay released and still every video just talks about hacking. Show me other skills or heck even just free roam. SHow me how big the city is what I can do in it
    Seriously, I hope there just saving some gameplay mechanics for launch since it was revealed so damn early.
    It drives me crazy when games get reveled with more than a year before launch.
    I'm still looking forward to this game, but the more time that goes by the less excited I get...unfortunately.
    Plus why do the newer gameplay videos look noticeably worse than the stuff we were shown a year ago?

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    yeah. Its like there is no other mechanic in the game except hacking. ACIV is looking much much better as far as gameplay goes. I was hyped for this due to the next gen visuals experience but now it seems like a shallow game

Shame really because I wanted this so badly

So you were only interested in its visuals?

They have shown combat already, even with firearms. They've shown how driving around works, they've shown how cops work. Yes, hacking is a major part of this game but what did you expect?

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Quote Originally Posted by Flumbooze View Post
    So you were only interested in its visuals?

They have shown combat already, even with firearms. They've shown how driving around works, they've shown how cops work. Yes, hacking is a major part of this game but what did you expect?
    I'm a graphics $#@! so yeah I care about the visuals a lot, but there is no diversity in its gameplay (from what I've seen). They need to show sidequests and stuff, what can we do other than the story missions?

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    I'm a graphics $#@! so yeah I care about the visuals a lot, but there is no diversity in its gameplay (from what I've seen). They need to show sidequests and stuff, what can we do other than the story missions?
    I don't mind you caring about visuals a lot, but if a game meets the acceptable standards, would you pass it on because it doesn't look next-gen? Does it always have to be the best, newest, sparkiest graphic technology?

I think there's a lot of variety in gameplay. They've shown sidequests, you can choose to chase a guy that beats his wife and threatens to kill him, so you can punish him. Other than that, you sometimes have to go and elliminate a wanted target. How you do it is your choice.

Once you hack into a district of Chicago’s ctOS, you’ll find yourself swimming in an ocean of data including the city’s crime prediction algorithms. If you want to go full-on Batman, you can use the crime prediction data to track down potential “victims” from the passers-by on the street, then intervene before their lives are cut short by a hail of bullets or a baseball bat to the head.

“Other side missions are less grim; one of our favourite was NVZN, an augmented-reality arcade game that tasks you with blasting marauding aliens with ray guns.”
    http://www.gamepur.com/news/11033-wa...ests-and-.html

There has been loads of information.

Apprentice

I feel like they have shown a decetn bit of gameplay elements since the game was anounced over a year ago. A lot of it HAS been focussed on the hacking, but that's a major mechanic in the game and I'm sure marketing people always want something they can shove into the public's face. But from what I've seen the game will have plenty of variety.

Thread Information