Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by WretchedSoul21 View Post
    but Microsoft will be interjecting with snippets of stuff everyday so the hardcore followers will be watching and talking about Microsoft for the full duration of the convention.
    I hate to tell you this, but Sony does the same thing as well...if you look back on other gaming conventions from past years they also start releasing other system info through the event that wasn't talked about at the presentation. I remember them doing it when the PS3 was about to come out on several occasions...

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    I hate to tell you this, but Sony does the same thing as well...if you look back on other gaming conventions from past years they also start releasing other system info through the event that wasn't talked about at the presentation. I remember them doing it when the PS3 was about to come out on several occasions...
    True, but the really substantial information was generally given during the press conference and all the other tidbits given throughout were not huge bombshells. As MS's approach this time, it could be a huge announcement after huge announcement over a 3 day period.

Sony could have hypothetically 7 major announcement in the 3 hour event with several small things for the other few days while Microsoft has only 5 major announcements over a few days. The 5 announcements over a few days could perceptually feel like Microsoft has a lot more of substantial showing even if they hypothetically showed less.

I still feel though, that a live event is better catered to show of the system to the masses rather than this method which will show off to the more hardcore (who have probably already decided by now).
    Last edited by WretchedSoul21; 08-19-2013 at 22:35.
    "Bigfoot is blurry, that is the problem...it is not the photographers fault...Bigfoot is blurry and that is extra scary to me because there is an extra large out-of-focus creature roaming the countryside....Run he's fuzzy, get out of here" ~ Mitch Hedburg, RIP you crazy fool

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    It doesn't matter. Having a strong launch lineup is more important anyway. As long as people know what games they are offering, they will do just fine. Remember xbox-one hasn't even launched yet. Sony has the handheld console that needs support right now. I'm sure they will be talking that.
    Their line p is not strong though so ...

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkNemesis View Post
    I disagree. MS line up is very strong with good variety too. Their games won a lot of E-3 awards.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkNemesis View Post
    It's far stronger than Sony's (currently).
    MS might have done a lot of stupid things in the past few months, but the games they have coming and have announced are not one of them.

On the other hand, Sony has plenty to announce for games com I imagine, so I'm sure they will balance that.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    nordost
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    It's far stronger than Sony's (currently).
    MS might have done a lot of stupid things in the past few months, but the games they have coming and have announced are not one of them.

On the other hand, Sony has plenty to announce for games com I imagine, so I'm sure they will balance that.
    i know it's very subjective but to say ms's line up is far stronger than sony's seems like a huge stretch. Ryse may be pretty but it's by crytek and I'm sorry but they are known for pretty games with out a lot of substance or gameplay. Then you have titanfall which is interesting but most likely coming to ps4 and forza which is a racing game and spark a very casual game. Doesn't sound all that strong to me.

I think the multiplats are looking awesome though. Infamous ss isn't a launch title but looks way more fun then any thing ms has announced. Then again titanfall isn't a launch title either.

edit: forgot about dead rising 3. So far from the limited gameplay I have seen I think dying light blows it out of The water. That opinion could change with more in game footage of both however.
    Last edited by on the rocks; 08-20-2013 at 03:30.

7. Likes VayMasters86 likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    nordost
    Quote Originally Posted by emmerich View Post
    You also forgot Quantum Break.
    I don't think its a launch title and very little is known about it anyway.

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Confirmed exclusive launch titles for Xbox One:

Dead Rising 3
    Forza 5
    Killer Instinct
    Ryse

Just in case anyone wondered.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    It's far stronger than Sony's (currently). MS might have done a lot of stupid things in the past few months, but the games they have coming and have announced are not one of them. On the other hand, Sony has plenty to announce for games com I imagine, so I'm sure they will balance that.
    Purely subjective. Its ok to have an opinion but you talk like your opinion is gospel fact.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 08-20-2013 at 04:25.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Confirmed exclusive launch titles for Xbox One: Dead Rising 3 Forza 5 Killer Instinct Ryse Just in case anyone wondered.
    Forza 5 is the only appealing game on that list IMO.

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Confirmed exclusive launch titles for Xbox One:

Dead Rising 3
    Forza 5
    Killer Instinct
    Ryse

Just in case anyone wondered.
    3 of those 4 will be mine on launch day. I thought project spark was confirmed for launch too.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Purely subjective. Its ok to have an opinion but you talk like your opinion is gospel fact.
    I was actually talking about all the games announced so far not just launch.

Thats not to say what Sony has announced is bad. Its just not a whole hell of a lot. Looking into the first 12 months, right now, Sony has announced sweet fanny adams.

As I said, I'm sure they will announce more. But currently beyond launch window you've got, the order 1866 and I cant really think of anything else announced (i'm sure some one will tell me) to look forward to.
    Last edited by mynd; 08-20-2013 at 04:52.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I was actually talking about all the games announced so far not just launch. Thats not to say what Sony has announced is bad. Its just not a whole hell of a lot. Looking into the first 12 months, right now, Sony has announced sweet fanny adams. As I said, I'm sure they will announce more. But currently beyond launch window you've got, the order 1866 and I cant really think of anything else announced (i'm sure some one will tell me) to look forward to.
    Still subjective. MS may have more announced but Forza 5 is the only compelling exclusive I see on X1. On PS4 theres at least 5 I see already. And yes my preference is subjective too. KZ SF, Drive Club, Infamous SS, Planetside 2 and Warframe. Plus I think Sony will definitely be announcing even more between now and launch. Hopefully tomorrow. Do you honestly believe Sony wont have anymore exclusives? lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 08-20-2013 at 05:20.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    nordost
    Naughty GOD has got to be announcing something the team that did uncharted 3 has been working on something since 2011.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Still subjective. MS may have more announced but Forza 5 is the only compelling exclusive I see on X1. On PS4 theres at least 5 I see already. And yes my preference is subjective too. KZ SF, Drive Club, Infamous SS, Planetside 2 and Warframe. Plus I think Sony will definitely be announcing even more between now and launch.
    Tastes aside, any one suggesting MS bought no games, or that the number of games they have announced is weak, is clearly delusional.
    You don't have to like any or all of them.
    Hopefully tomorrow. Do you honestly believe Sony wont have anymore exclusives? lol
    WTF? You reading skills gone south MC?

As I said, I'm sure they will announce more.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Tastes aside, any one suggesting MS bought no games, or that the number of games they have announced is weak, is clearly delusional. You don't have to like any or all of them. WTF? You reading skills gone south MC?
    Naw...not all. Its 12 midnight and I'm tired. I'll be hitting the rack pretty soon here. No need to get yourself all upset mate. lol And when did I suggest MS brought no games? All I said was Forza 5 was the only compelling exclusive for me. Sorry if MS lineup doesn't appeal to me as much as Sonys does. And I did say that my preference was subjective as well. Maybe its your reading skills that have gone south.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 08-20-2013 at 06:05.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Naw...not all. Its 12 midnight and I'm tired. I'll be hitting the rack pretty soon here. No need to get yourself all upset mate. lol And when did I suggest MS brought no games? All I said was Forza 5 was the only compelling exclusive to me. And I did say that my preference was subjective as well. Maybe its your reading skills that have gone south.
    Yeah I figured something was up, I'm not sure you were reading what I was saying correctly.
    And no, LOL, no wasn't you who said it.
    Speaking of tired, I will be tired tomorrow, the conference is at 5 am here.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Yeah I figured something was up, I'm not sure you were reading what I was saying correctly. And no, LOL, no wasn't you who said it. Speaking of tired, I will be tired tomorrow, the conference is at 5 am here.
    Oh ok, its cool. I thought you were saying that I suggested that and I was like what? lol Yeah I think the conference will be at 12 noon here. And the new season of Sons of Anarchy starts Sept. 10. Yeah!!!! http://www.google.com/url?q=http://w...5MhV5n-tfwF8Zg
    Last edited by mistercrow; 08-20-2013 at 06:50.

Thread Information