Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple

Xbox One: No Live Streaming of Microsoft's GamesCom 2013 Media Briefing

http://www.gamepur.com/news/11702-xb...-briefing.html
    was hoping for some type of live coverage.

Microsoft won't live stream their GamesCom 2013 media briefing next week as per the details revealed by Microsoft Studios boss Phil Spencer in a recent Major Nelson podcast.

Spencer further stated that the approach Microsoft was taking didn't allow GamesCom 2013 media briefing to be live-streamed, however there will be a short stage presentation.

On Major Nelson Podcast, Spencer said, "Most of the time will be spent with the press getting time with the developers and their games. You should think about this as a room with a lot of hands-on.”

“The nice thing about the way the showcase is shaping up is people at home will have access to it. Streaming is probably not the way to do it because it will be like watching a party that you’re not at,” Spencer said, adding, “So what we’re going to do is, throughout the day, we’re going to take video snippets from the floor and release them on the Xbox Wire.”

GamesCom 2013 is schedule to begin on August 21, 2013. For those who are unaware of Xbox will have the biggest booth ever at the event. Stay tuned for more details.
    Last edited by The Sith; 08-13-2013 at 21:26.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    http://www.gamepur.com/news/11702-xb...-briefing.html
    was hoping for some type of live coverage.
    Major nelson might put up an audio stream.

And I'm sure various websites will do liveblogs.

Superior Member
    Well that is really disappointing for me. I was wanting to see some new announcements for the XB1, especially more games, being live streamed.

It sounds like this will be a very awesome conference if you are in attendance. Sony is doing a live conference are they not? If so, it seems like they will end up with an upper hand by default because the people of the interwebs will be watching and buzzing all about what they saw. At least not unless journalists are able to upload all the video footage of the new game announcements or new gameplay trailers.

Edit: Oh I read again and missed the part where he said they will take video snippets of the show floor and upload them to the net. So we will still get to see all the announcements and will probably get each new item demonstrated to us in an interview like setting. I can dig that!
    Last edited by WretchedSoul21; 08-13-2013 at 21:54.
    "Bigfoot is blurry, that is the problem...it is not the photographers fault...Bigfoot is blurry and that is extra scary to me because there is an extra large out-of-focus creature roaming the countryside....Run he's fuzzy, get out of here" ~ Mitch Hedburg, RIP you crazy fool

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

MS: No Livestreams from GamesCon

Microsoft won't live stream Gamescom media briefing

by Sameer Desai
    Tuesday, August 13th 2013 at 9:17PM IST

• Print this page
    • Email

• 0inShare

Microsoft will not live stream its Gamescom media briefing next week, Microsoft Studios boss Phil Spencer has revealed.
    Spencer gave details about Microsoft’s Gamescom briefing on Major Nelson’s podcast.
    While Xbox will have its biggest booth ever at this year’s event, Spencer said the approach the company was taking didn’t allow for the event to be live-streamed.
    While there will be a brief stage presentation, Spencer said, "Most of the time will be spent with the press getting time with the developers and their games. You should think about this as a room with a lot of hands-on.”
    “The nice thing about the way the showcase is shaping up is people at home will have access to it. Streaming is probably not the way to do it because it will be like watching a party that you’re not at,” Spencer said, adding, “So what we’re going to do is, throughout the day, we’re going to take video snippets from the floor and release them on the Xbox Wire.”
    Gamescom kicks off on 21st August, with Microsoft’s showcase set to take place on the 20th.
    http://www.mcvindia.com/news/read/mi...iefing/0120081

First chance we get to see XBone games running on something other than GeForce Titan toting PCs and they gag it?!

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Ah man that isn't such a bad thing. What is this place now, N4G?

6. Likes Yungstar 2006 likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Edit:If they stream the stage presentation then I don't see a problem with it. But if they don't show the stage presentation then it's not going to look good for them when sony is doing a stream.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 08-16-2013 at 22:13.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    nordost
    I think they would like a little more control over what gets put out there so they can try to limit negative press.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Edit:If they stream the stage presentation then I don't see a problem with it. But if they don't show that then it's not going to look good for them when sony is doing a stream.
    Steal the show?...lol I doubt it. This show is about games and MS does have some impressive ones. Their launch line up looks more solid IMO.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Steal the show?...lol I doubt it. This show is about games and MS does have some impressive ones. Their launch line up looks more solid IMO.
    Yep, MS isn't stealing the show. They couldn't do it at e3 with just their games and they aren't going to do it here.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 08-16-2013 at 22:27.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

11. Likes DarkNemesis likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Yep, MS isn't stealing the show. They couldn't do it at e3 with just their games and they aren't going to do it here.
    It doesn't matter. Having a strong launch lineup is more important anyway. As long as people know what games they are offering, they will do just fine. Remember xbox-one hasn't even launched yet. Sony has the handheld console that needs support right now. I'm sure they will be talking that.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Merged Sith's and Lefein's threads

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    http://www.mcvindia.com/news/read/mi...iefing/0120081

First chance we get to see XBone games running on something other than GeForce Titan toting PCs and they gag it?!
    Tbh I'm not surprised after what they went through at E3, they probably don't want to be eaten alive by the people if they screw up again.

Ultimate Veteran
    I totally didn't see this thread my bad

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Edit:If they stream the stage presentation then I don't see a problem with it. But if they don't show the stage presentation then it's not going to look good for them when sony is doing a stream.
    So far it seems like MS is trying so hard to see how much they can fail or at the very least disappoint the gaming community. It's like everytime they announce something, they seem to dig themselves deeper. I don't get it.

Apprentice
    That's disappointing. Was looking forward to see what they bring. Guess I'll check out the articles that'll poor out during the event.

Sent from my Nexus 4

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Couldn't pay enough people to cheer? Jk.

Well this is one way to control things

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Veteran
    MS has had a couple Showcase Events like this, with no cameras allowed, invitation only, with a brief presentation.

Thankfully the rest of the world was spared from this one until it was well over and some "journalists" took some sneak shots, many who still shake their heads and quietly whisper to themselves "WTF?".

Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    They are scared of the twitter rage.
    (•_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Items PS3 Slim LogoRaidenNoctisFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy Versus XIIINaughty Dog
    MS PR team really wanna control how this is done. Sounds like live blog is out as there will be no real presentation. Its just a controlled room with press only, and MS with the only video.
    Its not a bad thing for them really and understandable considering all the bad press.

22. Likes K2D , Yungstar 2006, Mael Duin likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    Ah, this is a bummer. We will get all the press from the follow up anyway. It would be better streamed though, that is for sure.

Forum Elder
    disappointed at there being no live show. i'm thinking MS are wanting to drag it out over the coming days following the show with little snippets here and there. but i'm sure the press will be quick to point out the goings on.

just wish MS would open up and tell me something about.....
    self publishing.
    indie games.
    kinect games.
    xbox games i can expect next winter because surely they must be in development.
    show me UE4 games, can't say i've seen any as yet.
    wheres the UE4 demo's showing what the system can do..

ffs MS, get on with it and stop worrying about revealing stuff so that you can give as little time as possible for your competitors to react.

Ultimate Veteran
    Especially displeasing considering Sony is going to have a full 3 hour long show and it will be livestreamed.

26. Likes K2D , x_terna likes this post
    Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    Especially displeasing considering Sony is going to have a full 3 hour long show and it will be livestreamed.
    it's absolutely crazy that this close to launch that MS would want to ignore the public at a public gamescon. why bother turning up if they are not going to talk to said public.

as usual, Sony will have a fantastic show and probably not because of the games, but because there presenters are very likable and worth listening to.

bizarre MS. absolutely bizarre.

although, now that i think. thats probably why there is no MS show to stream. because there is only Phil Harrison who is worth listening to.
    Last edited by Yungstar 2006; 08-17-2013 at 20:07.

28. Likes snooper71 likes this post
    Super Elite
    I'm sure MS will eventually release the edited press conference video.

Superior Member
    It could be possible they are banking on that Sony will only hold our attention for the 3 hour event, while Microsoft will be trying to hold our attention for the full duration of the Gamescon. Lots of people will be hyped by Sony's event but Microsoft will be interjecting with snippets of stuff everyday so the hardcore followers will be watching and talking about Microsoft for the full duration of the convention.

The downside is Sony will show their event live on most major gaming websites. A bigger opportunity to show off to the more casual/uninformed crowd. Microsoft on the other hand is only going to show their information off on their official Xbox website and through their 360's. That doesn't seem like as good of a way to bring attention to those who are not already apart of the Xbox crowd. Since really only the hardcore gamers will be following Xbox's information day to day, there could be a lot of missed information to all the other gaming demographics. It will probably rely on a lot of forum talk and word of mouth which could turn sour really easily by trolls or haters of the console.
    "Bigfoot is blurry, that is the problem...it is not the photographers fault...Bigfoot is blurry and that is extra scary to me because there is an extra large out-of-focus creature roaming the countryside....Run he's fuzzy, get out of here" ~ Mitch Hedburg, RIP you crazy fool

Thread Information