Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Apprentice

Dudes: SC Blacklist got a 9.2 from IGN

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by bru_sek View Post
    Right on! There are some more that are starting to show up on metacritic too, so far nothing under an 8o:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/plays...cell-blacklist

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Learned not to trust Metacritic and other review sites a while ago basically what I do now is go to a lot of websites and actually compile a list of reviews to try and gather a general consensus.

That's just me because a lot of games I've played.

Case in point example Mirror's Edge sitting at 79/100 on both PS3 and 360 when I know good and well that game is at least 85 or higher worthy. Me personally it's a 91 at the least.

Still though I'll look around the net to see if the game is worth trying at least. Need to get HD collection first though.
    Last edited by Arimax; 08-14-2013 at 22:50.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Quote Originally Posted by Arimax View Post
    Learned not to trust Metacritic and other review sites a while ago basically what I do now is go to a lot of websites and actually compile a list of reviews to try and gather a general consensus.

That's just me because a lot of games I've played.

Case in point example Mirror's Edge sitting at 79/100 on both PS3 and 360 when I know good and well that game is at least 85 or higher worthy. Me personally it's a 91 at the least.
    Metacritic is a compiled list of reviews though. I love Mirror's Edge, but it was a flawed game. None of the reviews actually dismissed it.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    Metacritic is a compiled list of reviews though. I love Mirror's Edge, but it was a flawed game. None of the reviews actually dismissed it.
    Every game has flaws, but to me that's an excuse as AC3 and Skyrim both probably have far more greater flaws then Mirror's Edge ever could dream of yet both sit pretty near the top on Metacritic.

I understand it's a compiled list of reviews, but sometimes people just see what they want to see. If Mirror's Edge had the marketing campaign that AC3 had it probably wouldn't have gotten the 79.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Have had it preorder and paid for, for months. Looking forward to it. Always been a huge fan.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Every game has flaws, but to me that's an excuse as AC3 and Skyrim both probably have far more greater flaws then Mirror's Edge ever could dream of yet both sit pretty near the top on Metacritic.

I understand it's a compiled list of reviews, but sometimes people just see what they want to see. If Mirror's Edge had the marketing campaign that AC3 had it probably wouldn't have gotten the 79.
    The first Assassin's Creed has an 80 metacritic, with a huge marketing campaign as well. The first one is a foundation, hopefully 2 will fix those flaws.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Dedicated Member

You say this as if a 79 is a bad score.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk 2

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Will buy used and cheap on black friday.

Apprentice

What metacritic does is synthesizes many opinions and gives you an overall idea of what professional reviewers think. Plus you get to read user reviews, which gives you another perspective and balance. Often user/professional reviews conflict and you have to start thinking for yourself about the game.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnorok64 View Post
    You say this as if a 79 is a bad score.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk 2
    It's not I agree just saying it should have been higher is all(IMO at least). I've also seen where reviews can make or break anything as well. Get enough people to say something is $#@! when it isn't well you know the rest.

Superior Member
    Items Final Fantasy IVAtlus
    Most people prefer the older ones. But least IGN like it but fans is a another story. Least it would be worth giving a go but never the less most high rated games don't turn out to be that great.
    Playing - Tales of Vesperia (secret missions),Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3
    Awaiting - Tales of Xillia 2, Witcher 3, Xenoblade Chronicles X,Persona Q, Oreshika:Tainted Bloodlines, Tales of Zestiria, KH Birth By Sleep HD, Tales Of Hearts R and Persona 5

PSN ID
    xPSYCHOPATH410x
    Really looking forward to some Spies vs Mercs!!!

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by AsterPhoenix View Post
    Most people prefer the older ones. But least IGN like it but fans is a another story. Least it would be worth giving a go but never the less most high rated games don't turn out to be that great.
    I'm definitely in the category of preferring the older ones. I even enjoyed Conviction as a game, but not as much as a Splinter Cell title. I see this game the same way... it will likely get good reviews as it looks like a good game, but it will also be criticized and talked down about as an addition to the Splinter Cell franchise.

I'll likely pick it up somewhere down the road if it becomes part of a Steam sale and just try to ignore the issues I have with it.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Will buy used and cheap on black friday.
    that's how i found my girlfriend....

Superior Member
    Items Final Fantasy IVAtlus
    Quote Originally Posted by ttech10 View Post
    I'm definitely in the category of preferring the older ones. I even enjoyed Conviction as a game, but not as much as a Splinter Cell title. I see this game the same way... it will likely get good reviews as it looks like a good game, but it will also be criticized and talked down about as an addition to the Splinter Cell franchise.

I'll likely pick it up somewhere down the road if it becomes part of a Steam sale and just try to ignore the issues I have with it.
    It is always that case for the people who played the older games of most franchises.From what you said that will always be the case.
    Playing - Tales of Vesperia (secret missions),Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3
    Awaiting - Tales of Xillia 2, Witcher 3, Xenoblade Chronicles X,Persona Q, Oreshika:Tainted Bloodlines, Tales of Zestiria, KH Birth By Sleep HD, Tales Of Hearts R and Persona 5

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by JDizzleNO1 View Post
    that's how i found my girlfriend....
    comments like this are why women are so hard to find in the gaming world. and the fact that mods don't consider this something they should delete. that's a disgusting comment and your sense of humor is disgusting.

Forum Sage

comments like this are why women are so hard to find in the gaming world. and the fact that mods don't consider this something they should delete. that's a disgusting comment and your sense of humor is disgusting.
    Perhaps you should lighten up and not take everything you read so literally.

BBK. Tapatalking.

20. Likes JDizzleNO1 likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    and it's people like you are the reason why we can't exercise our freedom of speech and live in a politically correct society that "sues" each other at every whim. it was a joke, as you can't tell from the snicker icon that is after this? i'm being sarcastic. i have nothing but the utmost respect for women and believe wholeheartedly that they should be just as equal as men. if you didn't like my joke that is fine, but don't resort to putting me down because of it.
    Last edited by JDizzleNO1; 08-17-2013 at 23:26.

22. Likes Shingo likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Let's try to keep on topic people.

Thanks.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Elite Guru
    Not surprise this got so high. bout time stealth games make a come back. All I need now is a new Tenchu or a remake or the Tenchu 1 & 2

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    My cousin had the game at his store and I didn't get it. But I looked at the box and it says required 12GB to be installed on HDD. That is insane amount of data to download since they are using blu ray that can hold up to 50GB of data. I don't no what Ubisoft is doing. I will get it when the price will be 14.99 or 19.99.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon_Filter View Post
    My cousin had the game at his store and I didn't get it. But I looked at the box and it says required 12GB to be installed on HDD. That is insane amount of data to download since they are using blu ray that can hold up to 50GB of data. I don't no what Ubisoft is doing. I will get it when the price will be 14.99 or 19.99.
    I'm surprised that GTA:V is only 8GB then. Maybe due to higher res textures in Splinter Cell?

Apprentice

For me I only see it as an issue with user reviews, but pro reviews on metacritic should be ok to use for an overall average. Pro reviews should come from a place of less bias (in theory anyway). We all know that is not always the case, but if you get a large number of pro reviews together for an average it should be fairly accurate if most of the reviewers live up to their professional status as reviewers with actual jobs.

Thread Information