Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    That's if Sony also does not delay

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style

There will have been one of two reactions to Microsoft’s sizeable Xbox One delay within Sony’s colossal European headquarters today: cheers or mopped brows. At almost every turn, the North American company has been playing into the PlayStation maker’s hands, and this latest setback is just another example of that. It’s certainly not the end of the world for the Redmond-based firm, but it’s not exactly sunshine and rainbows either.For those out of the loop, the Xbox team announced a small delay to its next generation console in several European regions today. While the system is still on track in major territories such as the United States, Germany, and the UK, those in Russia, Belgium, and the Netherlands will be made to wait. In all, the firm has downgraded its initial launch plans from 21 countries to just 13. Those residing in one of the slashed regions will receive the console in 2014, alongside a free game.
    Before we discuss the subject further, it’s worth remembering that Sony hasn’t actually detailed which territories will get the PlayStation 4 this year – for good reason, judging by today’s news. The company has said that the system will release this holiday in Europe and North America, but that’s all that we really know. Theoretically, the Japanese giant’s device could still launch in fewer nations than the Xbox One – but it seems unlikely.
    And that’s bad news for Microsoft’s machine. Not only is its next generation console really up against the wall at the moment, but its brand is also historically weak in continental Europe. Regions like Finland are not necessarily going to swing the console war in Sony’s favour, but if the Japanese giant can ensure that its system is available when the competition isn’t, that will further secure the PlayStation brand’s dominance in those nations. It’ll be hard for the Xbox One to fight back.
    The fact that the Redmond-based company’s had to downgrade in the first place hints at a larger narrative, though: it’s having issues. Irrespective of the claims in its press material, 21 territories is not particularly ambitious – it managed Japan, North America, and a large majority of Europe within the span of a month with the Xbox 360. Sony was less successful with the PlayStation 3, but that was due to manufacturing setbacks.
    And it does beg the question whether Microsoft is facing similar issues. It’s said that the delay is due to localisation, but there had been rumours that the firm was struggling with production, and those were reinforced by surprisingly low pre-order allotments globally. It’s clear that the company thought that it could hit 21 territories, because it almost certainly wouldn’t have announced that number otherwise. Today’s delay alludes to a last minute hitch.
    There’s another theory, though: the firm may be focusing its efforts on the regions where its brand is the most popular. Shortages in North America and the UK would be disastrous – especially with Sony offering a more affordable alternative. There’s a chance that Microsoft may have reassigned all of its output to the largest regions, presumably to ensure that it has stock available against the PS4.And that is where Sony needs to be careful, too. With both next generation systems offering such comparable experiences, hardware shortages may not be such a good thing. The average consumer shopping for a new console this Christmas will likely purchase whichever is available, and if Xbox Ones are sitting on store shelves when PS4s aren’t, that will be a problem. Of course, that example also plays the opposite way.
    The good news is that Sony seems to understand that, as recent reports reiterated that the firm intends to get as many stray systems into the retail channel as possible at launch. Those tactics won’t change because of today’s Xbox One delay, but the news will still prompt a reaction within Sony land. That will come in the form of jubilation or relief, depending on the platform holder’s plans. Considering the events of the past few months, the former seems more likely to us.
    There you go, mistercrow.

4. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    That's if Sony also does not delay Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, lets hope not.@Fon- Thanks bro.

Forum Elder
    I'll wait to see if Sony announce delays before I comment. don't want to fall into the "7gb's of ram for games trap" or the "bloated OS one".
    Last edited by Yungstar 2006; 08-15-2013 at 21:23.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Five more days to make some of the threads disappear

Seriously though, when visiting other greener sites, they're still talking up a storm at how MS has plans to outproduce Sony during the launch and how Sony is having production problems and it just baffles the $#@! out of me. Are they really that friggin delusional. Even MS's announcement of scaling back launch regions doesn't seem to phase this belief. Still a mantra that Sony won't launch in as many markets, Sony won't have as much supply available, Sony will be leaving pre-order folks hanging, ...

8. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    The delay is in smaller markets in Europe. The delay won't affect business at all.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

10. Likes Jabjabs likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Somewhere out there Kaz Hirai is getting his groove on.

SONY knows what they are doing, 7 years in the making.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Where is "fake Kaz" when you want him?

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post
    Five more days to make some of the threads disappear Seriously though, when visiting other greener sites, they're still talking up a storm at how MS has plans to outproduce Sony during the launch and how Sony is having production problems and it just baffles the $#@! out of me. Are they really that friggin delusional. Even MS's announcement of scaling back launch regions doesn't seem to phase this belief. Still a mantra that Sony won't launch in as many markets, Sony won't have as much supply available, Sony will be leaving pre-order folks hanging, ...
    Yep, delusion mixed with wishful thinking.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    The delay is in smaller markets in Europe. The delay won't affect business at all.
    Are you saying that X1 is pretty much DOA anyway in Nordic countries?
    Man who chase after bus get exhausted, man who run in front of bus get tired
    Man who masturbates in class has firm grip of subject at hand
    Woman who sink in man's arms soon have arms in man's sink

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    AverageNinjaNL
    Damn you MS! Go stick your thumbs in your arses.
    Didn't have any intention to buy anyway.

Follow me on Twitter: @DaanvMonsjou

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    I think MS is putting all their chips into the markets with highest demand to make sure they sell out. I don't think they're sure about selling out in these smaller countries, and want to make sure there aren't stores full of unsold xbox consoles.

I'm not ruling out the fact that they're thinking the following either - sold out PS4's translates into to potential PS4 buyers purchasing Xbox One's instead.

As of now I'm seeing a fair share of hardcore gamerscore/xbox/ms fans in my own country swearing rather to import consoles or traveling to one of the 13 markets to get a hold of their consoles.

In the end, MS' move seems like a sound decision, marked share-wise. I'm just not so sure it's worth all the negative attention...
    Last edited by K2D; 08-15-2013 at 19:03.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    I'll wait to see if Sony announce delays before I comment. don't want to fall into the "7gb's of ram for games trap".
    That's your fault for being foolish. Sony never announced the split between ram. Those preorders are kicking MS ass...in MS's strongest markets too.

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by AverageNinja View Post
    Damn you MS! Go stick your thumbs in your arses.
    lol..well, at least you can admit it.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by AverageNinja View Post
    don't worry, most of the negative comments in these threads are by like minded people.

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    don't worry, most of the negative comments in these threads are by like minded people.
    They're just making the rounds dude, it's normal.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    They're just making the rounds dude, it's normal.
    never a truer word said.. quite sad that the mods allow it though.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    AverageNinjaNL
    never a truer word said.. quite sad that the mods allow it though.
    Actually, I'm not a xbox hater, neither am I a sony fanboy. I just wanted to have some choice. If the PS4 was sold out in december, I would've gotten the xb1. Can't do that now, as I'm in the NL.

Follow me on Twitter: @DaanvMonsjou

Apprentice

PSN ID
    bat0nas_LT
    LT is not in any list (neither sony or ms) and we need to import. So.. message from ms didn't change my position.

We usually import from UK or DE.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    I think MS is putting all their chips into the markets with highest demand to make sure they sell out. I don't think they're sure about selling out in these smaller countries, and want to make sure there aren't stores full of unsold xbox consoles.

I'm not ruling out the fact that they're thinking the following either - sold out PS4's translates into to potential PS4 buyers purchasing Xbox One's instead.

As of now I'm seeing a fair share of hardcore gamerscore/xbox/ms fans in my own country swearing rather to import consoles or traveling to one of the 13 markets to get a hold of their consoles.

In the end, MS' move seems like a sound decision, marked share-wise. I'm just not so sure it's worth all the negative attention...
    Doubling down as I see it. May not be the actual reason but that is how I see it. Bold more IMO.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    don't worry, most of the positive comments in these threads are by like minded people.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    barit
    Last gen a one year head start had almost won the console battle for MS. Wonder how much it will hurt them now with Xbone. Even if the delay is just some months long and in just some countries, MS will properly have to struggle to catch numbers worldwide with PS4. Could be interesting in a few years when the gap becoming bigger and not smaller.
    Last edited by bariton1; 08-16-2013 at 12:09.

Master Guru

Can't see this being too much of an issue as those countries listed were probably PS3 dominated anyway this gen.

Biggest market for MS is NA and UK surely?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wii # 8752-0092-2306-9612
    PSN ID : pez555

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Pez_555 View Post
    Can't see this being too much of an issue as those countries listed were probably PS3 dominated anyway this gen.

Biggest market for MS is NA and UK surely?
    probably, but if they want to do better in other countries. they need to get there at least on level terms with PS4. of course. thats if PS4 is also releasing in the countries that MS is not.

Thread Information