Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    Communication is not thier strong point so far starting this gen off. It seems everyone has thier heads so far up thier ass over there.
    They got issues but on the plus side it's all before launch. That's makes a huge difference. Just look at what's happening with wii-u and ps vita. MS has tarnished their brand a bit, but they certainly are making the right moves to recover.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    What? How?

The PS3 released a significant amount of time after the Xbox 360 and for 100$ more. In addition, the 360 was easier to develop for and had more 'accessible' performance for developers.

Sony had the advantage in that they won the prior gen before the PS3 and were very popular but that was it.

Now I won't lie when I say that I think the PS3 was the better overall bargain when you actually started bean counting in terms of features and what it gave you as a technophile, but the average joe? Nope.jpg. Worse online system, more expensive, worse looking launch window\multiplat games.

In many, many ways this situation has been entirely reversed this time around for the two companies.

Except that Microsoft did not, in any capacity, enjoy an overwhelming victory THIS gen in the way Sony did in the PS2\Xbox era. Further, Sony didn't royally piss off gamers\press\critics the way MS has done this gen when they were announcing the PS3.

In short: Microsoft is in trouble.
    I don't think so. I understand this is PSU and why you guys seem to think that way, but you aren't looking at the big picture. Yes, MS surely pissed off some core gamers early on and it has come back to bite them a bit. You guys are forgetting that hardware isn't the only factor that determines the outcome. It's all gonna come down to software, advertising, and services in the end. those are things that xbox-one does just as well as sony. You can't count MS out yet. If one thing we have learned about them is that they are willing to get behind xbox and spend big and I don't see this being any different. Having that price at launch will hurt those initial sales, but I think they are gonna do pretty well at launch. Better than sony? Maybe not, but they really don't have to be.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 08-15-2013 at 16:48.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Nope no they fine MS is great, they are gods and have a 1.21 jiggawatt processors thats year above everything else, they are great and will rule next gen, none of this matters nope

(disclaimer this is a joke post but as in all jokes there is some truth to how people responed when faced with the obvious)
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

3. Likes mistercrow, Shingo likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    What? How?

The PS3 released a significant amount of time after the Xbox 360 and for 100$ more. In addition, the 360 was easier to develop for and had more 'accessible' performance for developers.

Sony had the advantage in that they won the prior gen before the PS3 and were very popular but that was it.

Now I won't lie when I say that I think the PS3 was the better overall bargain when you actually started bean counting in terms of features and what it gave you as a technophile, but the average joe? Nope.jpg. Worse online system, more expensive, worse looking launch window\multiplat games.

In many, many ways this situation has been entirely reversed this time around for the two companies.

Except that Microsoft did not, in any capacity, enjoy an overwhelming victory THIS gen in the way Sony did in the PS2\Xbox era. Further, Sony didn't royally piss off gamers\press\critics the way MS has done this gen when they were announcing the PS3.

yeah, I agree with that. They are in a pickle and it's mainly because nothing is organized over there and I don't see the future being that bright. Even if the Xbox One fails, I honestly don't see that has a bad thing, maybe the Xbox 2nd will be much better. LOL

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    yeah, I agree with that. They are in a pickle and it's mainly because nothing is organized over there and I don't see the future being that bright. Even if the Xbox One fails, I honestly don't see that has a bad thing, maybe the Xbox 2nd will be much better. LOL
    I love the XBox 2nd. I was thinking it will be a ballad in A-minor.

6. Likes Demi_God likes this post
    PSU Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    They got issues but on the plus side it's all before launch. That's makes a huge difference. Just look at what's happening with wii-u and ps vita. MS has tarnished their brand a bit, but they certainly are making the right moves to recover.

I don't think so. I understand this is PSU and why you guys seem to think that way, but you aren't looking at the big picture. Yes, MS surely pissed off some core gamers early on and it has come back to bite them a bit. You guys are forgetting that hardware isn't the only factor that determines the outcome. It's all gonna come down to software, advertising, and services in the end. those are things that xbox-one does just as well as sony. You can't count MS out yet. If one thing we have learned about them is that they are willing to get behind xbox and spend big and I don't see this being any different. Having that price at launch will hurt those initial sales, but I think they are gonna do pretty well at launch. Better than sony? Maybe not, but they really don't have to be.

8. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Veteran
    For a company like Microsoft that has always placed PR, marketing and hype over substance, they are sure flubbing it right and left. Now they are pissing off even more people by labeling their countries as "Tier 2".

This is who MS is calling a Tier 2 country:

Belgium, Denmark, Finland, The Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Sweden, Switzerland and Japan.

On top of that, apparently they consider Portugal, Austria, Poland, and the rest of the east European countries as Tier 3.

MS response is to increase the hiring of spin doctor interns as quickly as possible, lol.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

10. Likes Mael Duin likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    I'm just finding it funny that they are doing this a week before GamesCon! Man, no wonder they aren't broadcasting their conference! lol

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    Microsoft pissing off devs now..... Shameful...

Veteran
    Yeah DICE I bet you're regretting losing the BF3 exclusiveness you had with Sony for the PS3 over an exclusive deal with XBone for BF4.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    Well the delays ARE pretty annoying, especially when all those countries that now miss out have tones of customers who have already put money down on the console
    Um, they will be getting a free bundled game for the delay. So it's not like they aren't getting anything.

And I have a feeling that this delay won't last long, I'd expect it to launch in those delayed countries by March or April at the latest.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    I'm just finding it funny that they are doing this a week before GamesCon! Man, no wonder they aren't broadcasting their conference! lol
    Yep, if I was MS I wouldn't want to broadcast it either after this bad news. lol

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    I wouldn't worry thinking about it now; with MS' track record, it's likely they go back on their word about the delay.

Seriously though, I don't know if it's "DICE" that's pissed. Granted, one of the guys is a/the lead designer, but it's just two guys am I right? I'm sure DICE doesn't want to rustle any Jimmies.
    Last edited by Admartian; 08-15-2013 at 21:13.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    I wouldn't worry thinking about it now; with MS' track record, it's likely they go back on their word about the delay.

Seriously though, I don't know if it's "DICE" that's pissed. Granted, one of the guys is a/the lead designer, but it's just two guys am I right? I'm sure DICE doesn't want to rustle any Jimmies.
    Yea, I noticed that too, but people are gonna run with it anyways, so it doesn't matter.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Yea, I noticed that too, but people are gonna run with it anyways, so it doesn't matter.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's not (or that it is, for that matter) only these two guys that have very valid concerns. It's just that I doubt the company is willing to make that position 'official'.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's not (or that it is, for that matter) only these two guys that have very valid concerns. It's just that I doubt the company is willing to make that position 'official'.
    Yea, I know what you mean. It's like a slap in the face being that the game is made by Sweden devs and their country's xbox-one customers have to wait a bit longer. At least they get a free game though. I wouldn't be angry with that. That is, unless it's some crappy game...lol

PSU Technical Advisor
    Quite certain that you did. What's worth remembering is that while DICE has (wisely) not issued any public statement, through unofficial channels their developers have been all over the PS4.

It means something.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Yea, I know what you mean. It's like a slap in the face being that the game is made by Sweden devs and their country's xbox-one customers have to wait a bit longer. At least they get a free game though. I wouldn't be angry with that. That is, unless it's some crappy game...lol
    TBH, as long as it's any Xbone game it should be fine. Can't think of any real stinkers that's coming out of any console's launch lineup (sure, some people don't like Ryse/Knack whatever) but any game for a new console that's just launched should be worth it.

Just need to make sure that it is a nextgen game.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    When I saw the "8 countries delay" thread, I never thought it was the whole Northern Europe and Russia.

Oh well. I hope Sony will stick to it's 2013 release.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    Yeah DICE I bet you're regretting losing the BF3 exclusiveness you had with Sony for the PS3 over an exclusive deal with XBone for BF4.
    Wonder if the DLC will get delayed to keep the exclusivity 2 weeks ahead.

Forum Sage
    Quite certain that you did. What's worth remembering is that while DICE has (wisely) not issued any public statement, through unofficial channels their developers have been all over the PS4.

It means something.
    It means that devs are gamers too and they have their preferences. As long as I can play BF4 on xbox-one they can be all over PS4 all they want.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    I love how he mentions our country like all the other countries in Europe don't matter xD Gotta love us Swedes, we think we're the best =D (we kind are though, tihi)

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    I love how he mentions our country like all the other countries in Europe don't matter xD Gotta love us Swedes, we think we're the best =D (we kind are though, tihi)
    Pfft. Everybody knows Denmark, Norway, Finland and Iceland are better. *

* And Switzerland owns all of them (minus Germany and their awesome autobahn's)

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Pfft. Everybody knows Denmark, Norway, Finland and Iceland are better. *
    Hell no dude! xD

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    Hell no dude! xD
    I rest my case:

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    For a company like Microsoft that has always placed PR, marketing and hype over substance, they are sure flubbing it right and left. Now they are pissing off even more people by labeling their countries as "Tier 2".

This is who MS is calling a Tier 2 country:

Belgium, Denmark, Finland, The Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Sweden, Switzerland and Japan.

On top of that, apparently they consider Portugal, Austria, Poland, and the rest of the east European countries as Tier 3.

MS response is to increase the hiring of spin doctor interns as quickly as possible, lol.

You know, it's almost like the people at Microsoft are trying hard to lose sales.

Thread Information