PSN ID
    Udontneed2know26

Dragons Dogma - Better Then Expected!

I was one of those people on the fence about this title until all the talk about it forced me into purchasing the game. That and the fact I could never find it available for rent.

So I got home the other day with my copy, put on the Bose Headphones, kicked in the Game Mode on my 40 " Samsung LED and transported myself to ... whatever this world is called.

I have to say it has been a very impressive stay so far. Wow. I am loving the western RPG influences in this title along with a nice mixture of japanese RPG goodness as well. You can tell Capcom put this game together molding all of their successful titles.

You hear Dark Souls sounds ( which is odd, Capcom had nothing to do with Demons or Dark Souls? ) You see Shadow of the Colossus influence on the boss battles. You see some Lord of the Rings in the Goblin / Hobgoblin designs. You see some Dark Souls/Devil May Cry combat. You see some Monster Hunter animations going on. It is really a nice mixture and creates some very dynamic and truly exciting boss battles. The first time I went up against a Dragon it was one of the few times in a game I knew I had absolutely 0 chance to win but could care less and went after it anyway. Just because the dynamic of getting killed is not some cheap, unblockable or avoidable maneuver the Boss does. So I was actually able to take the Dragon down a few times and do some damage, it just felt like I was a stingy mesquito to the Dragon.

This also works well with the character progression. At first you feel so small and helpless, using only your skills to progress and not really the power of your equipment. You hone your battle skills and really begin to learn how to utilize each of your skills to your advantage and learn when and how to use the different styles of attacks ( i am a Warrior character ).

I am currently at lv. 28 and just finished Everfall. Having a blast! Great title. Wish more people would pick this type of game up.

Also, after seeing this game in action and seeing the dungeons and enemies. I feel more and more confident that Deep Down is related to Dragon's Dogma. Perhaps it will come out that the game's full name is Dragon's Dogma : Deep Down? Seeing the dragons breath is what sold me. It was nigh identical to how the dragon was attacking in the initial reveal trailer.
    Last edited by IAmRandom31; 08-15-2013 at 13:40.

2. Likes DarkVincent07 likes this post
    Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Really glad you're enjoying it, criminally underrated game. I loved every second of it and hope we see a sequel for next gen

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Deep down is confirmed not related to Dragons Dogma. Deep Down will actually be an online game. Dragons Dogma will have a sequel tho, they said it sold enough for franchise. Trust me I have beyond mastered this game. I have spent over 1000 hours between several characters. If you want a healer add yuuichix, tank add sakubomb, dps mage add yuichimccry, and official thread is http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...s-Dogma-Thread enjoy the game.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Superior Member
    Items Final Fantasy IVAtlus
    I Rented this game got to get round to completing it I had fun with it from what I played. One of Capcoms alright games this generation.
    Playing - Tales of Xillia 2 and Atelier Escha & Logy.
    Awaiting - Xenoblade Chronicles X,Persona Q, Oreshika:Tainted Bloodlines, Tales of Zestiria, KH Birth By Sleep HD, Tales Of Hearts R and Persona 5

Loves Kat Von D
    It's good to see someone else enjoy this game. I thought it was amazing. Not as fancy and magical as a Final Fantasy game, but more gritty and medieval. It's so cool you can customise your character. The part I find amazing is playing offline and still having some friends following you around and being genuinely helpful. The online characters are actually alot better though. The equipment and stuff gets crazy cool later on in the game.

I completed it a few times over and eventually did get bored of it. Like any game, it can wear thin after a few replays haha. Never got round to the update though.
    PSN. Half-Of-Zero

I don't really post here these days..

Playing GTA5/Online. Add me for a game?

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I absolutely loved every minute of it! Probably one of the top 5 most underrated games this gen IMO.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    InkedOne78
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    I have Dragons Dogma still wrapped in the original plastic. Maybe I should unwrap this and start playing it.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Themolaculeman
    Quote Originally Posted by FdMstng99 View Post
    I have Dragons Dogma still wrapped in the original plastic. Maybe I should unwrap this and start playing it.
    You won't be disappointed. Been playing dark arrisen the last week great add on plus it has the entire dragons dogma on the disk. Thought my level 60 magic archer was pretty tough till I got to bitterblack island

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Monte666 View Post
    You won't be disappointed. Been playing dark arrisen the last week great add on plus it has the entire dragons dogma on the disk. Thought my level 60 magic archer was pretty tough till I got to bitterblack island

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    Ricochet arrows own BBI
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Thread Information