Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    They'll probably release it for next-gen. Don't really get why that would be a surprise to anyone really...
    Final Fantasy & Kingdom Hearts Blogg, check it out!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It is not a surprise at all... They do see the money making part of it and it makes sense to max sales on current consoles first and then P.C and then NEXT GEN CONSOLES

So first 2013 GTA V and then 2014 for P.C and NEXT GEN CONSOLES
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Selected Members Council
    Why not just pick up the PS3 version because you think the gameplay looks fun? This is why I hate the idea of cross-gen because all people can think about are better graphics and framerate.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Why not just pick up the PS3 version because you think the gameplay looks fun? This is why I hate the idea of cross-gen because all people can think about are better graphics and framerate.
    notsureifserious.gif

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    Because otherwise you'd have to buy it two times? I mean, if I can wait a little while and have better framerate and graphics and possibly a better online experience, why not?

6. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Until theres a confirmation, I'll still be getting the PS3 version. No way I'm missing out just to wait on a possible port

Selected Members Council
    Quote Originally Posted by Flumbooze View Post
    Because otherwise you'd have to buy it two times? I mean, if I can wait a little while and have better framerate and graphics and possibly a better online experience, why not?
    The game already looks fantastic. We're getting access to the game a lot sooner than the PC fanbase but you want to wait even longer which is stupid. GTA V was clearly made with current-gen consoles in mind and if everyone decided to wait, which fortunately isn't the case, they wouldn't profit from that hard work.

I get that people are caught in the next-gen hype train but not every game out there needs to be ported to next-gen consoles like the PS4.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 08-20-2013 at 22:18.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Veteran
    With Playstation new deal I now feel more confident to purchase this game for the PS3 and I can only hope that if it does see a PS4 release they'll have Rockstar on the transition partnership so that I could buy it for a cheaper price on PS4.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    The game already looks fantastic. We're getting access to the game a lot sooner than the PC fanbase but you want to wait even longer which is stupid. GTA V was clearly made with current-gen consoles in mind and if everyone decided to wait, which fortunately isn't the case, they wouldn't profit from that hard work.

I get that people are caught in the next-gen hype train but not every game out there needs to be ported to next-gen consoles like the PS4.
    Yeah, but how good will framerate be on current-gen? I remember GTA 4 which was awful. Then again, the only reason I wait is because I don't have a current-gen console and my PC is $#@!.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Frame-rate will be capped at a balance that suits R*, it will dip or increase depends what area you are in inn the game

It happens in all games, even if you wait until the PS4 version. Do you think there will be no dip in frame rate at all

If you think there wont be, then sorry to tell you. That it wont be perfect
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SmoknJokr
    Man I got almost $1700 in pre orders at gamestop right now plus another $400 at amazon and everything needs paid off by Nov 15th... not buying ANYMORE ps3 games!! My wife wants to strangle me right now!! Only 2 current generation games I'm getting are AC4 bf (for my daughter) and COD G (for my son) both on the 360...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Thanks to Spyrde for the sig/avy

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokin Joker View Post
    Man I got almost $1700 in pre orders at gamestop right now plus another $400 at amazon and everything needs paid off by Nov 15th... not buying ANYMORE ps3 games!! My wife wants to strangle me right now!! Only 2 current generation games I'm getting are AC4 bf (for my daughter) and COD G (for my son) both on the 360...

Well that cleared up a lot of why money grows on trees then

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Presumably it just comes to practicality factors: do they have the staff resources, will the install base be enough to warrant the investment, time, etc. I'd lean towards it happening, but it's by no means a foregone conclusion just yet.

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockWave View Post
    Presumably it just comes to practicality factors: do they have the staff resources, will the install base be enough to warrant the investment, time, etc. I'd lean towards it happening, but it's by no means a foregone conclusion just yet.
    Well they are waiting for the sales off current consoles first and if it is worth the transition over the next gen, depends on sales on current gen

So the fiscal year and how TAKE-TWO approach how they will repackage GTA V and GTA ONLINE for next gen... Is up to them

It makes logical sense to spread the game over multi platforms and P.C being the next step and then next gen after that

So in all sales on current gen and sales on P.C will decide whether they move to next gen

Apprentice
    Good thing for me is my bday is in Oct so i can con someone into buying me an early bday gift in GTA V ....and ill just buy it myself when the nex-gen version comes out.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    Frame-rate will be capped at a balance that suits R*, it will dip or increase depends what area you are in inn the game

It happens in all games, even if you wait until the PS4 version. Do you think there will be no dip in frame rate at all

If you think there wont be, then sorry to tell you. That it wont be perfect
    What a way of putting words in my mouth.

Yes, no game is perfect without framedrops, especially on consoles. But that doesn't mean that the game won't run significantly better on PS4 than on PS3. I don't know if you've played GTA 4 on PS3, but it was awful and I never want to experience that again. I'm confident that if the game releases on next-gen you will see a difference in performance.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    But that is not the case at all
    Last edited by claud3; 08-21-2013 at 15:46.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SmoknJokr
    Well that cleared up a lot of why money grows on trees then
    My wife asked me if I has a secret tree when she found my pre order list... told her no I was gonna poop out the $!!! That went over well too!!!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokin Joker View Post
    My wife asked me if I has a secret tree when she found my pre order list... told her no I was gonna poop out the $!!! That went over well too!!!

$#@! happens i guess lol...

On topic:

i will always say it 2014 is the year GTAV / GTA ONLIVE will be on P.C and next gen consoles and that is a smart move by R*

To max sale on current gen first and then max them on the p.c and then the new consoles coming out

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    $#@! happens i guess lol...

On topic:

i will always say it 2014 is the year GTAV / GTA ONLIVE will be on P.C and next gen consoles and that is a smart move by R*

To max sale on current gen first and then max them on the p.c and then the new consoles coming out
    I want GTA 5 badly, but I won't be drop any money for the PS3 version, for me it is PS4 or bust! I was really hoping when they delayed the release it was because they were getting it ported to the next gen consoles...come on TGS, bring me some good news!

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SmoknJokr
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    I want GTA 5 badly, but I won't be drop any money for the PS3 version, for me it is PS4 or bust! I was really hoping when they delayed the release it was because they were getting it ported to the next gen consoles...come on TGS, bring me some good news!
    This is what I was trying to say basically with my post..

With the new consoles coming out so close to a lot of major releases I just don't have the extra $ to put on a "last gen" game... perhaps if it was a current generation game I would revise my list but can't bring myself to drop $60 on a game that I will play for only a few weeks..

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    So more or less, you are going to miss out an entire current version off GTA V, that is coming to next gen next year... Why would you do that

It makes sense to play now and enjoy it until the next gen version is released

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    So more or less, you are going to miss out an entire current version off GTA V, that is coming to next gen next year... Why would you do that

It makes sense to play now and enjoy it until the next gen version is released
    Pretty much...if it doesn't come out on PS4 I will probably give the PS3 version a try by renting it and worse case just purchase the PC version of the game later on down the road.

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Elite Sage
    Maybe I'm alone but i won't feel too bad about missing GTA:V if it isn't released on PC or PS4. I'm not playing it on current gen hardware unless there are videos of it not looking like a PowerPoint presentation whenever things get a bit hectic.

BBK. Tapatalking

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    I might be the only excited for current gen version of GTA V... I would never skip it and wait for next gen versions

I rather experience and enjoy it in full now

Thread Information