Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Rockstar on GTA V for PS4/Xbox One: We’ll ‘see what happens’

Rockstar commented on the possibility of GTA V on next-gen consoles today. They sound like they don’t have anything concrete right now and are focusing on the PS3/360 versions only.

Rockstar says:

We’ll get the current gen version out first and see what happens in the future.

It doesn’t look like Rockstar is planning anything just yet. I’m assuming they want to make a bunch of money off GTA V this holiday before they undertake the task of porting GTA V to Xbox One, PS4 and possibly PC in 2014.

That said, I can’t help but think I should wait for a next-gen port of the game. San Andreas never got ported to 360/PS3 (well, not as something other than an Xbox/PS2 classic anyway) but it also came out more than a year before the Xbox 360 launched.
    Source

I'm 100% sure it will get released on next gen some time next year, so i have no plans on buying it for the PS3, what are you thoughts? anyone else skipping it on current gen in hope for a next gen release?

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.
    Live and die on this day.

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Probably going to skip it all together. It just hasn't got me excited at all. That may change once it's out and I see/hear more about it in detail.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Forum Sage

I'm still waiting for a PC release confirmation. I refuse to play it on either PS3/360. If no PC version is released and they do release it on the PS4 though i'll buy it on that.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    I'll skip it and get it via gaikai or if they release it officially for the ps4

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Veteran
    $#@! that! either you release it soon or not Rockstar, greedy SOB's actually think most people would want to buy it on PS3 and let's say next year on PS4.

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    $#@! that! either you release it soon or not Rockstar, greedy SOB's actually think most people would want to buy it on PS3 and let's say next year on PS4.
    Because they would. I would rather them release a proper upgraded version on PC/PS4/One 6 months to a year later than something quickly thrown together soon after the current gen release.

7. Likes TEJ2025 likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    According to this article:
    http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/...d_theft_auto_5

They are gauging demand for it before making a decision on porting to next-gen. So, as long as the PS4 takes off the way it's looking like it should, we might be hearing more on this.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    I still have my fingers crossed for it to be released on PS4 this year! I am hoping they are just being hush hush on it right now because something will get announced at Gamescom...I have no plans on getting the PS3 version, from this point on it is PS4 or bust!

PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I'll rent it on PS3 and buy it on PS4.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    just make gta6 for ps4 R*

12. Likes PS4freak likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    gumi42
    I am a bit of GTA nut and I will buy it for both PS3 and then down the line when they release it to PS4 sometime next year. I could be a year from now before we see the next gen version. I personally cannot and won't wait that long for some good 'ol stealing cars and killing cops.
    Hard work never killed nobody but I ain't taking any chances

14. Likes MartyRules likes this post
    Master Guru
    We'll see what happens as in after it sells millions on the PS3/360 we'll release it on the PS4/One. Rockstar knows how to make that cash.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gumionday View Post
    I am a bit of GTA nut and I will buy it for both PS3 and then down the line when they release it to PS4 sometime next year. I could be a year from now before we see the next gen version. I personally cannot and won't wait that long for some good 'ol stealing cars and killing cops.
    Am I the only one who doesnt like to shoot the law in GTA games? Unless you HAVE to in a mission I mean. Like the 3 leaf clover mission with the bank robbery I hated having to kill countless SWAT over and over again when I failed. Bill O'Reiley said tonight that video games reduce emphathy... but I feel bad doing things in GTA that you must in missions, and I am always tearing up in movies and stuff. DEBUNKED.

On topic: I'll wait for the ps4/xb1 version game of the year with the DLC. My 360's video card is messed up and I am waiting for 8-16 to download Dead Rising 2 on 360 for free. Then I will send it to be repaired. I still have to play gta4 episodes, and red dead redemption, and some more black ops 2...
    Last edited by MossadAgentO; 08-16-2013 at 05:43.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    I have no problem paying for it twice. Rockstar is one of the best developers and haven't release a GTA game is quite a few years. Let them make as much money as they possibly can off of this game so they will continue to bring us more games in the future. This isn't COD and trying to milk us every year for the same game over and over again.

If anyone thinks they are not already working on GTA5 for next gen you are crazy.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MossadAgentO View Post
    Am I the only one who doesnt like to shoot the law in GTA games? Unless you HAVE to in a mission I mean. Like the 3 leaf clover mission with the bank robbery I hated having to kill countless SWAT over and over again when I failed. Bill O'Reiley said tonight that video games reduce emphathy... but I feel bad doing things in GTA that you must in missions, and I am always tearing up in movies and stuff. DEBUNKED.

On topic: I'll wait for the ps4/xb1 version game of the year with the DLC. My 360's video card is messed up and I am waiting for 8-16 to download Dead Rising 2 on 360 for free. Then I will send it to be repaired. I still have to play gta4 episodes, and red dead redemption, and some more black ops 2...
    You might be the only one. I have no problem separating a video game from real life.

19. Likes $Greatness$ likes this post
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by MossadAgentO View Post

Just curious...do you also get upset when you crush the $#@! out of the turtles on Super Mario Bros?

PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

21. Likes F34R likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    I'm buying this day 1. Hopefully it'll be on psn. But I refuse to pay R* again on the ps4. I'll gladly buy a used copy. $#@! you R*.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    I'll most likely wait for the next gen version as well. A bit of graphical edge and better framerate is what I want.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dj- View Post
    just make gta6 for ps4 R*
    That's kind of the way I feel about it too. Start of the next gen consoles with something new. Not a re-release. I think they should just release for current gen and start work on GTA6.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    That's kind of the way I feel about it too. Start of the next gen consoles with something new. Not a re-release. I think they should just release for current gen and start work on GTA6.
    What else do you want from GTA6? GTA5 map is HUGE, great graphics, three protagonists, GTA online etc.... All they need to do is port and update it with better graphics and add some missions.

Look at it like this. GTA4 was released more than 5 years ago. How long do you think it would take them to make a completely new GTA for ps4? I'm guessing a couple years easily if they didn't work on any other projects which we know its not going to happen.

I can't believe all the whiny kids in this thread. It's $60 dollars, big deal. I bet you blow your money on stupider $#@! every day and don't think twice about it.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    Just curious...do you also get upset when you crush the $#@! out of the turtles on Super Mario Bros?
    I hurt a little each time I koopa stomp.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    I will wait for the PS4 version, if it comes, happy days, if not, I don't give a flying mouse nut.

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by billm0066 View Post
    What else do you want from GTA6? GTA5 map is HUGE, great graphics, three protagonists, GTA online etc.... All they need to do is port and update it with better graphics and add some missions.

Look at it like this. GTA4 was released more than 5 years ago. How long do you think it would take them to make a completely new GTA for ps4? I'm guessing a couple years easily if they didn't work on any other projects which we know its not going to happen.

I can't believe all the whiny kids in this thread. It's $60 dollars, big deal. I bet you blow your money on stupider $#@! every day and don't think twice about it.
    I don't object to it. I know it will look better and they can add some things to the game. But in that same instance, porting makes the time frame to the release of GTA 6 that much longer. Mostly due to the fact that time is put into porting GTA 5 instead of putting all resources into GTA 6. Like I said not really a big deal, as I would like to see a more next gen version sooner. But I like the fact of moving on.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    DynamicSun
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    I still have my fingers crossed for it to be released on PS4 this year! I am hoping they are just being hush hush on it right now because something will get announced at Gamescom...I have no plans on getting the PS3 version, from this point on it is PS4 or bust!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    2014 keep this in your mind and you will understand
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Thread Information