Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 63
  1. #1
    Master Sage
    Nuvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    14,842
    Rep Power
    108
    Points
    14,755 (0 Banked)
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

    Rockstar on GTA V for PS4/Xbox One: We’ll ‘see what happens’

    Rockstar commented on the possibility of GTA V on next-gen consoles today. They sound like they don’t have anything concrete right now and are focusing on the PS3/360 versions only.

    Rockstar says:

    We’ll get the current gen version out first and see what happens in the future.

    It doesn’t look like Rockstar is planning anything just yet. I’m assuming they want to make a bunch of money off GTA V this holiday before they undertake the task of porting GTA V to Xbox One, PS4 and possibly PC in 2014.

    That said, I can’t help but think I should wait for a next-gen port of the game. San Andreas never got ported to 360/PS3 (well, not as something other than an Xbox/PS2 classic anyway) but it also came out more than a year before the Xbox 360 launched.
    Source

    I'm 100% sure it will get released on next gen some time next year, so i have no plans on buying it for the PS3, what are you thoughts? anyone else skipping it on current gen in hope for a next gen release?

    Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.
    Live and die on this day.


  2. #2
    Master Guru
    darky89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the bushes.
    Age
    24
    Posts
    6,937
    Rep Power
    93
    Points
    94,286 (0 Banked)
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Probably going to skip it all together. It just hasn't got me excited at all. That may change once it's out and I see/hear more about it in detail.

    Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

  3. #3
    Forum Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bristol!!
    Age
    24
    Posts
    9,443
    Rep Power
    86
    Points
    33,973 (15,799 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'm still waiting for a PC release confirmation. I refuse to play it on either PS3/360. If no PC version is released and they do release it on the PS4 though i'll buy it on that.

  4. #4
    PSU Live Streamer
    YoungMullah88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Charlotte
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Posts
    14,227
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    30,783 (1,800 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'll skip it and get it via gaikai or if they release it officially for the ps4

    Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Veteran
    daLa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,537
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    55,099 (0 Banked)
    $#@! that! either you release it soon or not Rockstar, greedy SOB's actually think most people would want to buy it on PS3 and let's say next year on PS4.


  6. #6
    Veteran
    Shibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philly
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,153
    Rep Power
    70
    Points
    14,377 (0 Banked)
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    $#@! that! either you release it soon or not Rockstar, greedy SOB's actually think most people would want to buy it on PS3 and let's say next year on PS4.
    Because they would. I would rather them release a proper upgraded version on PC/PS4/One 6 months to a year later than something quickly thrown together soon after the current gen release.


  7. Likes TEJ2025 likes this post
  8. #7
    Ultimate Veteran
    Lefein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    22,962
    Rep Power
    192
    Points
    105,212 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    According to this article:
    http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/...d_theft_auto_5

    They are gauging demand for it before making a decision on porting to next-gen. So, as long as the PS4 takes off the way it's looking like it should, we might be hearing more on this.

  9. #8
    Veteran
    MonkeyClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,750
    Rep Power
    92
    Points
    142,867 (0 Banked)
    Items Protect yourself
    I still have my fingers crossed for it to be released on PS4 this year! I am hoping they are just being hush hush on it right now because something will get announced at Gamescom...I have no plans on getting the PS3 version, from this point on it is PS4 or bust!


    PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

  10. #9
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'll rent it on PS3 and buy it on PS4.

  11. #10
    Forum Guru
    -Dj-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,540
    Rep Power
    70
    Points
    76,203 (302,302 Banked)
    just make gta6 for ps4 R*



  12. Likes PS4freak likes this post
  13. #11
    Dedicated Member
    gumionday's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PSN ID
    gumi42
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,147
    Rep Power
    55
    Points
    3,739 (0 Banked)
    I am a bit of GTA nut and I will buy it for both PS3 and then down the line when they release it to PS4 sometime next year. I could be a year from now before we see the next gen version. I personally cannot and won't wait that long for some good 'ol stealing cars and killing cops.
    Hard work never killed nobody but I ain't taking any chances

  14. Likes MartyRules likes this post
  15. #12
    Master Guru
    TDbank24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    6,711
    Rep Power
    65
    Points
    34,687 (0 Banked)
    We'll see what happens as in after it sells millions on the PS3/360 we'll release it on the PS4/One. Rockstar knows how to make that cash.


  16. #13
    Superior Member
    MossadAgentO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Age
    26
    Posts
    877
    Rep Power
    52
    Points
    2,217 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by gumionday View Post
    I am a bit of GTA nut and I will buy it for both PS3 and then down the line when they release it to PS4 sometime next year. I could be a year from now before we see the next gen version. I personally cannot and won't wait that long for some good 'ol stealing cars and killing cops.
    Am I the only one who doesnt like to shoot the law in GTA games? Unless you HAVE to in a mission I mean. Like the 3 leaf clover mission with the bank robbery I hated having to kill countless SWAT over and over again when I failed. Bill O'Reiley said tonight that video games reduce emphathy... but I feel bad doing things in GTA that you must in missions, and I am always tearing up in movies and stuff. DEBUNKED.

    On topic: I'll wait for the ps4/xb1 version game of the year with the DLC. My 360's video card is messed up and I am waiting for 8-16 to download Dead Rising 2 on 360 for free. Then I will send it to be repaired. I still have to play gta4 episodes, and red dead redemption, and some more black ops 2...
    Last edited by MossadAgentO; 08-16-2013 at 05:43.

  17. #14
    Elite Member
    billm0066's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,518
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    8,612 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    $#@! that! either you release it soon or not Rockstar, greedy SOB's actually think most people would want to buy it on PS3 and let's say next year on PS4.
    I have no problem paying for it twice. Rockstar is one of the best developers and haven't release a GTA game is quite a few years. Let them make as much money as they possibly can off of this game so they will continue to bring us more games in the future. This isn't COD and trying to milk us every year for the same game over and over again.

    If anyone thinks they are not already working on GTA5 for next gen you are crazy.

  18. #15
    Elite Member
    billm0066's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,518
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    8,612 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by MossadAgentO View Post
    Am I the only one who doesnt like to shoot the law in GTA games? Unless you HAVE to in a mission I mean. Like the 3 leaf clover mission with the bank robbery I hated having to kill countless SWAT over and over again when I failed. Bill O'Reiley said tonight that video games reduce emphathy... but I feel bad doing things in GTA that you must in missions, and I am always tearing up in movies and stuff. DEBUNKED.

    On topic: I'll wait for the ps4/xb1 version game of the year with the DLC. My 360's video card is messed up and I am waiting for 8-16 to download Dead Rising 2 on 360 for free. Then I will send it to be repaired. I still have to play gta4 episodes, and red dead redemption, and some more black ops 2...
    You might be the only one. I have no problem separating a video game from real life.

  19. Likes $Greatness$ likes this post
  20. #16
    Veteran
    MonkeyClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,750
    Rep Power
    92
    Points
    142,867 (0 Banked)
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by MossadAgentO View Post
    Am I the only one who doesnt like to shoot the law in GTA games? Unless you HAVE to in a mission I mean. Like the 3 leaf clover mission with the bank robbery I hated having to kill countless SWAT over and over again when I failed. Bill O'Reiley said tonight that video games reduce emphathy... but I feel bad doing things in GTA that you must in missions, and I am always tearing up in movies and stuff. DEBUNKED.

    On topic: I'll wait for the ps4/xb1 version game of the year with the DLC. My 360's video card is messed up and I am waiting for 8-16 to download Dead Rising 2 on 360 for free. Then I will send it to be repaired. I still have to play gta4 episodes, and red dead redemption, and some more black ops 2...
    Just curious...do you also get upset when you crush the $#@! out of the turtles on Super Mario Bros?


    PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

  21. Likes F34R likes this post
  22. #17
    Elite Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,293
    Rep Power
    110
    Points
    13,350 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'm buying this day 1. Hopefully it'll be on psn. But I refuse to pay R* again on the ps4. I'll gladly buy a used copy. $#@! you R*.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

  23. #18
    Master Guru
    MjW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,384
    Rep Power
    95
    Points
    5,794 (44,164 Banked)
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    I'll most likely wait for the next gen version as well. A bit of graphical edge and better framerate is what I want.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

    .

  24. #19
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    26
    Posts
    13,573
    Rep Power
    141
    Points
    78,666 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dj- View Post
    just make gta6 for ps4 R*
    That's kind of the way I feel about it too. Start of the next gen consoles with something new. Not a re-release. I think they should just release for current gen and start work on GTA6.




    Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

  25. #20
    Elite Member
    billm0066's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,518
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    8,612 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    That's kind of the way I feel about it too. Start of the next gen consoles with something new. Not a re-release. I think they should just release for current gen and start work on GTA6.
    What else do you want from GTA6? GTA5 map is HUGE, great graphics, three protagonists, GTA online etc.... All they need to do is port and update it with better graphics and add some missions.

    Look at it like this. GTA4 was released more than 5 years ago. How long do you think it would take them to make a completely new GTA for ps4? I'm guessing a couple years easily if they didn't work on any other projects which we know its not going to happen.

    I can't believe all the whiny kids in this thread. It's $60 dollars, big deal. I bet you blow your money on stupider $#@! every day and don't think twice about it.

  26. #21
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,062
    Rep Power
    243
    Points
    141,443 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    Just curious...do you also get upset when you crush the $#@! out of the turtles on Super Mario Bros?
    I hurt a little each time I koopa stomp.




  27. #22
    Elite Guru
    berts08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    N.Ireland
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,592
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    7,660 (4,000 Banked)
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    I will wait for the PS4 version, if it comes, happy days, if not, I don't give a flying mouse nut.


    “Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke


    PSN ID: berts08



  28. #23
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    26
    Posts
    13,573
    Rep Power
    141
    Points
    78,666 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by billm0066 View Post
    What else do you want from GTA6? GTA5 map is HUGE, great graphics, three protagonists, GTA online etc.... All they need to do is port and update it with better graphics and add some missions.

    Look at it like this. GTA4 was released more than 5 years ago. How long do you think it would take them to make a completely new GTA for ps4? I'm guessing a couple years easily if they didn't work on any other projects which we know its not going to happen.

    I can't believe all the whiny kids in this thread. It's $60 dollars, big deal. I bet you blow your money on stupider $#@! every day and don't think twice about it.
    I don't object to it. I know it will look better and they can add some things to the game. But in that same instance, porting makes the time frame to the release of GTA 6 that much longer. Mostly due to the fact that time is put into porting GTA 5 instead of putting all resources into GTA 6. Like I said not really a big deal, as I would like to see a more next gen version sooner. But I like the fact of moving on.




    Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

  29. #24
    Master Guru
    IWAO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Copenhagen
    PSN ID
    DynamicSun
    Posts
    6,198
    Rep Power
    74
    Points
    5,664 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    I still have my fingers crossed for it to be released on PS4 this year! I am hoping they are just being hush hush on it right now because something will get announced at Gamescom...I have no plans on getting the PS3 version, from this point on it is PS4 or bust!

  30. #25
    Supreme Veteran
    claud3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Agartha
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,608
    Rep Power
    125
    Points
    224 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    2014 keep this in your mind and you will understand
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.