Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    I don't see how that makes it more flexible. It's convenient for current Xbox Live subscribers if they get the benefits of it without needing to get an Xbox One.

I am a little curious now though, what kind of benefits do users who don't upgrade, get from Microsoft's cloud?

Going back to the other discussion, the other cloud services don't have "subscribers"?

You do realize that Amazon uses their cloud as storage for mp3 music? People who buy music through Amazon get a cloud service by default.......not sure how any of this makes a service more flexible though.

xbl is powered by azure now so i don't get what you mean when you say upgrade.

Like Sufi said, what exactly do you mean when you say it's flexible? How is Azure already one of the more flexible ones out there?
    Flexible meaning that it supports a large number of its own apps. MS cloud probably has one of the largest collection of 1st party apps already in the cloud(Bing, skype, office 365, etc) and still they are able to support xbox live which has the 45 million members. So it's scale has to be pretty huge to support that while still offering public support too.

Not even large services like netflix supports that many members. Not saying that MS is better but it's definitely one of the ones to watch out for in the future. AWS is still the biggest public cloud provider out there but others like google, MS, Rackspace aren't that far behind.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Flexible meaning that it supports a large number of its own apps. MS cloud probably has one of the largest collection of 1st party apps already in the cloud(Bing, skype, office 365, etc) and still they are able to support xbox live which has the 45 million members. So it's scale has to be pretty huge to support that while still offering public support too.
    so?
    Not even large services like netflix supports that many members. Not saying that MS is better but it's definitely one of the ones to watch out for in the future. AWS is still the biggest public cloud provider out there but others like google, MS, Rackspace aren't that far behind.
    unless you were telling us that Netflix "can't" increase its membership numbers because their cloud service can't support it, i don't see how you can conclude that this would make Azure more flexible.

that's like saying that PSN is more flexible than Live because it has more users. that doesn't mean that Live can't have more users on there or that there's something that's stopping it from reaching that point.

your argument is nothing but a hyperbole at this point.

3. Likes Vulgotha, sainraja , Christopher likes this post
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Can Azure do this?

Now that is flexible.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

5. Likes Omar, darky89 , Shingo likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Wow what a horrible click bait of an article. Abso-friggin-lutely NOTHING about the gaming applications of cloud compute, all dedicated server vs peer to peer talk (i.e info we already know).
    Did a "PS4" Ctrl+F search, no hits except the title

Consider the thread title changed. Don't even think this thread belongs in this section
    Last edited by Itachi; 08-19-2013 at 03:34.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    so?
    unless you were telling us that Netflix "can't" increase its membership numbers because their cloud service can't support it, i don't see how you can conclude that this would make Azure more flexible.

that's like saying that PSN is more flexible than Live because it has more users. that doesn't mean that Live can't have more users on there or that there's something that's stopping it from reaching that point.

your argument is nothing but a hyperbole at this point.
    well, netflix really isn't a cloud service but it does support a huge library of hardware. I was just using that as an example to show how large in scale that azure is. Meaning that it can house that many xbox live members while still supporting a large variety of aps and still offer support for the public while being a very open service. All cloud services don't support a large array of first party stuff the way ms does. Azure is one of the top ones out there for that. A lot of the stuff isn't really game related, but for them to just move xbox live there and still be able to provide so many other resources says that it is indeed very versatile. Is it the most versatile? Maybe, maybe not. I never said that it was. I simply said it was one of the most versatile ones out there because some other cloud services don't have as large array of 1st party apps as MS. This cloud stuff is the future of MS.

Last edited by Sub-stance1; 08-19-2013 at 03:45.

Forum Overseer
    ok i agree with you there, it may be versatile, i was being confused by the word flexible because that would be different.

however, we're still not at any conclusion yet. i don't see how Sony would have issues providing dedicated servers. i didn't think it would be a problem.

Forum Sage
    xbl is powered by azure now so i don't get what you mean when you say upgrade
    You didn't seem confused about it a few posts ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Ok cool thanks for clearing that up. Sigh.
    You're welcome. You really don't know who I was referring to? You and substance always seem to agree.

lol dis gon b gud
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    I'm very excite!
    Trying to make something out of nothing, eh?
    Last edited by sainraja; 08-19-2013 at 06:26.

Soldier 95B

You're welcome. You really don't know who I was referring to? You and substance always seem to agree. ;
    Nope. But I guess I don't play the "pal" games, sorry.

Must be my old age.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    On the interface, same $#@!.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    By definition, all cloud services are "versatile". All we are talking about is capacity. Azure is no more versatile, flexible, <insert next buzz word here> than any other service. Amazon has a ton of their own service applications available as well as hosting services like Netflix. Yes, Azure is one of the top cloud providers, but there are a host of providers that can claim that.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.

Forum Overseer
    Trying to make something out of nothing, eh?
    i was referring to soldier's upset reply lol.

Soldier 95B
    I am/wasn't upset about anything.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by LeisureSuitLarry View Post
    By definition, all cloud services are "versatile". All we are talking about is capacity. Azure is no more versatile, flexible, <insert next buzz word here> than any other service. Amazon has a ton of their own service applications available as well as hosting services like Netflix. Yes, Azure is one of the top cloud providers, but there are a host of providers that can claim that.
    You don't know what you're talking about...lol You just basically said the same thing I did but you are disagreeing with me....lol It's cool though I get why you guys are being so defensive.

sainraja;6182659You didn't seem confused about it a few posts ago.
    I think you are confused about who is confused.

You're welcome. You really don't know who I was referring to? You and substance always seem to agree.
    yea, like that doesn't happen on a daily basis from other members..lol
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 08-19-2013 at 15:13.

Forum Overseer
    I am/wasn't upset about anything.
    it's ok soldier. everything is going to be ok. you're good enough, your'e smart enough, and doggone it, people like you!

17. Likes FatesServant likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    True that. Cloud computing can meaning whatever the business using it needs it to mean.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Forum Elder
    So MS have introduced cloud to Xbox. Apparently it will help make games better and people want to argue the point?

Guys, what's your problem... as gamers you win if it works.

Who the f*&k cares if Amazon or Netflix has't t clouds...

This is about gaming on Xbox. Stop with the whining already. Take your manufacturers badge of choice off. It's like kindergarten the way you are having pointless arguments over who has cloud.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    So MS have introduced cloud to Xbox. Apparently it will help make games better and people want to argue the point?

This is about gaming on Xbox. Stop with the whining already. Take your manufacturers badge of choice off. It's like kindergarten the way you are having pointless arguments over who has cloud.

you're getting upset at substance there. he's the one that brought up netflix and amazon. also, to my knowledge, the recent discussion was about dedicated servers, not the power it provides. the statement was made by substance that the dedicated servers MS has are more flexible and that Sony wouldn't have the resources to provide the servers to all developers and they might end up renting it from MS.

i don't remember anyone arguing about power. I think i saw one comment by someone making a general statement about it.

Soldier 95B
    I think it's good news that the Xbox One will be embracing the cloud more and that they are adding more gaming related features. That is my opinion, and I am sticking to it.

Forum Overseer
    I think it's good news that the Xbox One will be embracing the cloud more and that they are adding more gaming related features. That is my opinion, and I am sticking to it.
    it'd be sad if someone was actually against this technology. this tech is a big deal and probably the biggest change going next--gen.

Elite Sage
    you're getting upset at substance there. he's the one that brought up netflix and amazon. also, to my knowledge, the recent discussion was about dedicated servers, not the power it provides. the statement was made by substance that the dedicated servers MS has are more flexible and that Sony wouldn't have the resources to provide the servers to all developers and they might end up renting it from MS.

i don't remember anyone arguing about power. I think i saw one comment by someone making a general statement about it.
    Hey, don't put this on me... You were the first one to bring up both consoles having it....lol This is the versus section so i get all the tension.

Forum Overseer
    Hey, don't put this on me... You were the first one to bring up both consoles having it....lol This is the versus section so i get all the tension.
    well i'm just going by what he's saying lol.

yea i don't mind. i mean, we don't know everything about this stuff and it's always good to know more. it's pretty obvious that MS is focusing on cloud so it's definitely going to be a more complete service or so far that we know...but my discussion was just about the servers.

You don't know what you're talking about...lol You just basically said the same thing I did but you are disagreeing with me....lol It's cool though I get why you guys are being so defensive.
    Then why are you saying I am disagreeing with you if you think I said the same thing as you. And why are you claiming that I don't know what I am talking about, again, if I am saying the same thing as you? You don't make any sense, dude.

26. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Then why are you saying I am disagreeing with you if you think I said the same thing as you. And why are you claiming that I don't know what I am talking about, again, if I am saying the same thing as you? You don't make any sense, dude.
    I was being facetious there, but like I said I get it.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    So MS have introduced cloud to Xbox. Apparently it will help make games better and people want to argue the point? Guys, what's your problem... as gamers you win if it works. Who the f*&k cares if Amazon or Netflix has't t clouds... This is about gaming on Xbox. Stop with the whining already. Take your manufacturers badge of choice off. It's like kindergarten the way you are having pointless arguments over who has cloud. Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
    So much irony. lol

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style

you sound like you're about to take your ball and go home

I was being facetious there, but like I said I get it.
    Smh "Sony's solution isn't good enough and anyone with something to say about the xbone's cloud are haters". I get what you're hinting at(based off your post). I guess customers aren't sold on this cloud pr due to the ps4 leading in preorders. Clearly no one gives a $#@! in the manner that you are thinking.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 08-19-2013 at 17:00.

Thread Information