Latest PSU headlines:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Extreme Poster
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Cloud doesn't matter, what matters is that can the next gen consoles render dat ass?

3. Likes Omar likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Gross. Worst post of your post man...

On topic : dedicated servers are cool stuff, or something.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

5. Likes Omar likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    it'd be sad if someone was actually against this technology. this tech is a big deal and probably the biggest change going next--gen.
    It has ruffled some "ironics"

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    And some of the discussion in this thread has ruffled some of those claiming "to not be upset about anything."

Extreme Poster
    i'll put up another group hug pic if you guys want me to. just a heads up, next time it will be even better.

Last edited by Itachi; 08-19-2013 at 20:36.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Sufi has a hidden stash of group hug pics encrypted on his HDD. (its totally normal guys)

10. Likes darky89 , Omar likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    i'll put up another group hug pic if you guys want me to. just a heads up, next time it will be even better.
    It better have more, bigger, tanner, tighter, oily-er men's ass than the first one.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    I think it's good news that the Xbox One will be embracing the cloud more and that they are adding more gaming related features. That is my opinion, and I am sticking to it.
    it'd be sad if someone was actually against this technology. this tech is a big deal and probably the biggest change going next--gen.
    I'm for anything that has benefits to my entertainment. If it starts restricting my enjoyment, then I won't support it. So, I'm considerably on the fence right now.

13. Likes x_terna likes this post
    Forum Sage
    i was referring to soldier's upset reply lol.
    ohh, i didn't realize. I thought you guys were thinking that I was and when I saw your posts I had a confused look -- like what did I just say? =/

Nope. But I guess I don't play the "pal" games, sorry.

Must be my old age.
    I know you guys aren't pals. It's just you guys are often on the same page so I was just poking fun at that. I most probably shouldn't have.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I think you are confused about who is confused.
    You think so?

You responded to it just fine earlier:

They don't have to upgrade to get the benefits.

Azure was already one of the more flexible ones out there. You have others like Amazon which is mostly about e-commerce , but MS cloud is about a bit of everything. Not saying that others aren't capable of doing it because amazon does offer computing services too.
    What exactly was that in response to if you didn't understand what I meant by upgrade?
    Last edited by sainraja; 08-19-2013 at 21:41.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I'm for anything that has benefits to my entertainment. If it starts restricting my enjoyment, then I won't support it. So, I'm considerably on the fence right now.
    I thought you were talking about the manly group hugs. About to say, blasphemy!

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

16. Likes Omar likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    It better have more, bigger, tanner, tighter, oily-er men's ass than the first one.
    and there goes my appetite
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    just the cloud by itself is an amazing piece of tech. it's really the future of flexibility of data transfer.

how you use that can be problematic but the tech itself is awesome. but then one can use just about anything as a means to restrict.
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    I thought you were talking about the manly group hugs. About to say, blasphemy!
    yea my screen is minimized in the corner at work (so that it looks like i'm not wasting time) and i had to carefully read the quotes again to put that in context lol.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    nordost
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    So MS have introduced cloud to Xbox. Apparently it will help make games better and people want to argue the point?

Guys, what's your problem... as gamers you win if it works.

Who the f*&k cares if Amazon or Netflix has't t clouds...

This is about gaming on Xbox. Stop with the whining already. Take your manufacturers badge of choice off. It's like kindergarten the way you are having pointless arguments over who has cloud.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
    dang I thought this was the vs section maybe people can only talk about ms benefits in the vs section now

19. Likes roy8846 likes this post
    Super Elite
    Microsoft owning their own cloud service, that cost billions and years to set up is an advantage financially.
    They can offer deveopers and publishers a cut rate to use it for X1 games.
    The first party studios will have access to use it, they can play around and see what uses they come up with.

Now, what if Microsoft first had to rent the cloud service and space from Amazon, and then offer it to developers?
    Doesn't sound doable on a wide spread basis without losing money.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver&black_Attack View Post
    Microsoft owning their own cloud service, that cost billions and years to set up is an advantage financially.
    The first party studios will have access to use it, they can play around and see what uses they come up with.

Now, what if Microsoft first had to rent the cloud service and space from Amazon, and then offer it to developers?
    it really doesn't matter since dedicated servers can come from anywhere. What developers have to do is basically open their game up for dedicated servers. I may still be stuck on the PC side of things but having a choice for dedicated servers is much better and with a world that is placed in different areas with different connections. I am personally pro choice for dedicated servers. The cloud servers is nothing special it's just that the system itself with have them for developers that need them. That's fine, but there are still many other choices for dedicated servers.

The reason it's such a big deal with the cloud and dedicated servers is because the consoles haven't really had the big boom like we're seeing right now. This is all new stuff going on for console gamers that haven't been on a PC. I'm use to this stuff, in fact many PC gamers on here are more than likely happy but at the same time there are other ways around all this.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    it really doesn't matter since dedicated servers can come from anywhere. What developers have to do is basically open their game up for dedicated servers. I may still be stuck on the PC side of things but having a choice for dedicated servers is much better and with a world that is placed in different areas with different connections. I am personally pro choice for dedicated servers. The cloud servers is nothing special it's just that the system itself with have them for developers that need them. That's fine, but there are still many other choices for dedicated servers.

The reason it's such a big deal with the cloud and dedicated servers is because the consoles haven't really had the big boom like we're seeing right now. This is all new stuff going on for console gamers that haven't been on a PC. I'm use to this stuff, in fact many PC gamers on here are more than likely happy but at the same time there are other ways around all this.
    Ican your point but he has a good point too. Having your own dedicated servers is better than having to go elsewhere.

CaptainZ
    I guess you can attribute many people's disappointment to Cloud resulting in nothing visible.

I guess you won't lose connection as much on COD. Then again, I never had much problem this gen.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver&black_Attack View Post

They spent billions. Good for them financially... For no visible effects.

Y u no make sense?

They built that thing for other business function not XBL only
    Last edited by CaptainZ; 08-23-2013 at 23:10.

Extreme Poster
    Ican your point but he has a good point too. Having your own dedicated servers is better than having to go elsewhere.
    sort of like games right?

CaptainZ

It is not like Sony, Nintendo and thousands other companies don't have their own servers. Also, it is actually cheaper to license these things anyway. Google has massive servers. Their real estate and maintenance is so much cheaper. It is like mass manufacturing of sorts really.

Forum Sage
    Only if you can afford it.

Extreme Poster
    Only if you can afford it.
    so the quality will be the same between these servers?

Forum Sage
    so the quality will be the same between these servers?
    Who knows, but we know MS cloud is ready and being used right now. We hardly know anything about sony's.

Extreme Poster
    Who knows, but we know MS cloud is ready and being used right now. We hardly know anything about sony's.
    hmm, we'll see. it'd be silly not to have that when they have everything else ready.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    They, the company benefits from that, not you. So your excitment for the fact they have their own is null, in fact unless you have some sort of business interest in Microsoft which would also benefit from this other then that...nope. So far the only thing I seen the plus side of MS's dedicated servers is that Call of Duty will be on dedicated servers. But to mold a system around that is just asking for a bite. no good comes from molding something for the sake of a couple of companies, in the end you will get screwed.

Don't get me wrong, it's good Microsoft has these dedicated servers. My disappointment and head shaking is due to the fact that people are treating this like it's a new thing when dedicated servers have been out for over 20+ years. LOL
    Last edited by Demi_God; 08-24-2013 at 04:16.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    They, the company benefits from that, not you. So your excitment for the fact they have their own is null, in fact unless you have some sort of business interest in Microsoft which would also benefit from this other then that...nope. So far the only thing I seen the plus side of MS's dedicated servers is that Call of Duty will be on dedicated servers. But to mold a system around that is just asking for a bite. no good comes from molding something for the sake of a couple of companies, in the end you will get screwed.
    we don't know yet if PS4 will "not" have dedicated servers.

Thread Information