Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 5
Results 101 to 123 of 123
  1. #101
    Dedicated Member
    Demi_God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Icy hot of the north
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Posts
    1,426
    Rep Power
    16
    Points
    7,913 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    we don't know yet if PS4 will "not" have dedicated servers.
    I added more to it.

    Also, I wasn't talking about The ps4. come on man. lol

  2. #102
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,228
    Rep Power
    190
    Points
    103,562 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    just the way you had put that, it seemed like you were saying that this was an advantage. and there has been talk about it too, people are assuming that PS4 version won't have it...not saying that's out of the question but it makes no sense. both MS and Sony will have a system in place for dedicated servers. why would you put dedicated on one version and not the other? it's not going to cost them anything, they will be charging us for it...we will get them from our console makers.

  3. #103
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,780
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    58,512 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    They, the company benefits from that, not you. So your excitment for the fact they have their own is null, in fact unless you have some sort of business interest in Microsoft which would also benefit from this other then that...nope. So far the only thing I seen the plus side of MS's dedicated servers is that Call of Duty will be on dedicated servers. But to mold a system around that is just asking for a bite. no good comes from molding something for the sake of a couple of companies, in the end you will get screwed.

    Don't get me wrong, it's good Microsoft has these dedicated servers. My disappointment and head shaking is due to the fact that people are treating this like it's a new thing when dedicated servers have been out for over 20+ years. LOL
    So the only good thing is COD will be on dedicated servers? Then what are the minuses? I don't know a whole lot about the cloud but I do know it's uses go beyond just dedicated servers. As for gaming, If it improves the online experience, I'm all for it.

  4. #104
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,228
    Rep Power
    190
    Points
    103,562 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    there are a lot more pluses for having cloud.

  5. #105
    Dedicated Member
    roy8846's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    WOLVES UK
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,068
    Rep Power
    41
    Points
    4,137 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    there are a lot more pluses for having cloud.
    Like rain!!
    PSN = GgT-Wolves-FC

  6. Likes darky89 , Fon , Shingo likes this post
  7. #106
    Dedicated Member
    Demi_God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Icy hot of the north
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Posts
    1,426
    Rep Power
    16
    Points
    7,913 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    there are a lot more pluses for having cloud.
    what are those pluses that you are talking about besides dedicated servers and how will they effect you. You just can't say something like ...."there are a lot more pluses for having cloud"...which by the way is vague and to just leave it at that. Are you talking about pluses for the gamer or for the company? And don't say both.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    So the only good thing is COD will be on dedicated servers? Then what are the minuses? I don't know a whole lot about the cloud but I do know it's uses go beyond just dedicated servers. As for gaming, If it improves the online experience, I'm all for it.
    There doesn't need to be any minuses just because of a positive and I never said that there was a negative to begin with. read the entire comment.
    Last edited by Demi_God; 08-24-2013 at 08:15.

  8. #107
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,228
    Rep Power
    190
    Points
    103,562 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    what are those pluses that you are talking about besides dedicated servers and how will they effect you. You just can't say something like ...."there are a lot more pluses for having cloud"...which by the way is vague and to just leave it at that. Are you talking about pluses for the gamer or for the company? And don't say both.
    both lol. well i made a vague statement like that because we don't really know what can be done with the cloud. e.g. Forza's A.I. is based on cloud. that's an interesting idea.

    cloud isn't just dedicated servers, it's also storage...how you can manipulate that storage is what matters. it seems like they weren't able to store large amounts of data before so they didn't have access to player data as much as they do now. that is a huge deal to me. they can not only find out what players are doing, they can probably do something with that info...what? i donno. but like the A.I., it seems like anything is possible.

    cloud is the future of gaming imo...it seems like they can really change the way we play SP games moving forward. i do know that this thing has a lot of potential.

  9. #108
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,780
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    58,512 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post


    There doesn't need to be any minuses just because of a positive and I never said that there was a negative to begin with. read the entire comment.
    I did read the entire comment. You seem to think cloud computing is only about dedicated servers. It's not.

  10. #109
    CaptainZ
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    both lol. well i made a vague statement like that because we don't really know what can be done with the cloud. e.g. Forza's A.I. is based on cloud. that's an interesting idea.

    cloud isn't just dedicated servers, it's also storage...how you can manipulate that storage is what matters. it seems like they weren't able to store large amounts of data before so they didn't have access to player data as much as they do now. that is a huge deal to me. they can not only find out what players are doing, they can probably do something with that info...what? i donno. but like the A.I., it seems like anything is possible.

    cloud is the future of gaming imo...it seems like they can really change the way we play SP games moving forward. i do know that this thing has a lot of potential.
    MMO already has cloud based AI.... no one really markets it cause no one finds it a big deal.

    I imagine MS is moving some benefits of MMO games to SP.

  11. #110
    Dedicated Member
    Demi_God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Icy hot of the north
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Posts
    1,426
    Rep Power
    16
    Points
    7,913 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I did read the entire comment. You seem to think cloud computing is only about dedicated servers. It's not.
    For the Xbox One and that's about it. The rest of the stuff has no affect on you as a gamer, none, zip......zerooooooo. lol As I already said, console gamers are treating dedicated servers like it's something new when it's not. It's been around for a long time.

  12. #111
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,780
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    58,512 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    For the Xbox One and that's about it. The rest of the stuff has no affect on you as a gamer, none, zip......zerooooooo. lol As I already said, console gamers are treating dedicated servers like it's something new when it's not. It's been around for a long time.
    Who is doing that? No one is saying that dedicated servers are new. People are excited for what the servers will do for gameplay. Devs are already talking about how it gives them more flexibility. If it improves multiplayer gaming then it does have an effect on gamers.

  13. #112
    Dedicated Member
    Demi_God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Icy hot of the north
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Posts
    1,426
    Rep Power
    16
    Points
    7,913 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Who is doing that? No one is saying that dedicated servers are new. People are excited for what the servers will do for gameplay. Devs are already talking about how it gives them more flexibility. If it improves multiplayer gaming then it does have an effect on gamers.
    that's why when I said they are TREATING it like it's new, I meant just that. I really don't have to simplify it anymore then it already is. very simple and it's actually the end of this discussion with you because it will just go around in circles like your previous comment was starting to turn that way.

  14. #113
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,780
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    58,512 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    that's why when I said they are TREATING it like it's new, I meant just that. I really don't have to simplify it anymore then it already is. very simple and it's actually the end of this discussion with you because it will just go around in circles like your previous comment was starting to turn that way.
    Well, you were the one who came in talking about your disappointment in the fact that people treating it as knew and then you say this.

    The reason it's such a big deal with the cloud and dedicated servers is because the consoles haven't really had the big boom like we're seeing right now. This is all new stuff going on for console gamers that haven't been on a PC.
    And you say i'm going in circles?

  15. #114
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,228
    Rep Power
    190
    Points
    103,562 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainZ View Post
    MMO already has cloud based AI.... no one really markets it cause no one finds it a big deal.

    I imagine MS is moving some benefits of MMO games to SP.
    well that's MMO so i get it. for SP, that's a big deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    For the Xbox One and that's about it. The rest of the stuff has no affect on you as a gamer, none, zip......zerooooooo. lol As I already said, console gamers are treating dedicated servers like it's something new when it's not. It's been around for a long time.
    we don't know that yet and cloud has more to it than dedicated servers.

    cloud is new, dedicated servers aren't.

  16. #115
    Dedicated Member
    Demi_God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Icy hot of the north
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Posts
    1,426
    Rep Power
    16
    Points
    7,913 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    And you say i'm going in circles?
    yep

  17. #116
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,780
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    58,512 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    yep
    You come to a thread and say that this is new for consoles but gamers shouldn't be excited because PC already has it. I guess gamers shouldn't be excited for PS4 and xbox-one because consoles are nothing new right....lol

  18. #117
    Super Elite
    Silver&black_Attack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,114
    Rep Power
    62
    Points
    2,930 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainZ View Post


    Y u no make sense?

    They built that thing for other business function not XBL only
    So Microsoft should just ignore that they own a huge cloud service?
    And not use it for Xbox?

    And im the one not making sense?

  19. #118
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver&black_Attack View Post
    So Microsoft should just ignore that they own a huge cloud service?
    And not use it for Xbox?

    And im the one not making sense?
    I am über confused too.

  20. #119
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,560
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    58,345 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Well the cloud isn't solely for the xboxes. Not sure what part is causing the confusion.

  21. #120
    Dedicated Member
    Demi_God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Icy hot of the north
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Posts
    1,426
    Rep Power
    16
    Points
    7,913 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    You come to a thread and say that this is new for consoles but gamers shouldn't be excited because PC already has it. I guess gamers shouldn't be excited for PS4 and xbox-one because consoles are nothing new right....lol
    While it's new for consoles, it's still old and console gamers should know that. the problem here is that they don't and they are treating Azure just as is. People are spreading wildfire post on other forums on how it's going to raise graphic capabilities so much and how ESRAM and the cloud made it so there is over 300GB/s. For the love of god, go to the IGN forums once and read the Xbox section. It's loaded to the teeth with such dribble and the only people believe it should be in a corner wearing a pointed hat.

    I never said gamers shouldn't be excited for the new consoles. Where did I say that? We are talking about the cloud but if you want to talk about the actual console, make a topic about it.

    Why are you trying so hard to take the focus off what we are actually discussing.....The cloud. With a comment such as "I guess gamers shouldn't be excited for PS4 and xbox-one because consoles are nothing new right" that's exactly what you are trying to do.
    Last edited by Demi_God; 08-27-2013 at 14:03.

  22. #121
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,780
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    58,512 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    While it's new for consoles, it's still old and console gamers should know that. the problem here is that they don't and they are treating Azure just as is. People are spreading wildfire post on other forums on how it's going to raise graphic capabilities so much and how ESRAM and the cloud made it so there is over 300GB/s. For the love of god, go to the IGN forums once and read the Xbox section. It's loaded to the teeth with such dribble and the only people believe it should be in a corner wearing a pointed hat.

    I never said gamers shouldn't be excited for the new consoles. Where did I say that? We are talking about the cloud but if you want to talk about the actual console, make a topic about it.

    Why are you trying so hard to take the focus off what we are actually discussing.....The cloud. With a comment such as "I guess gamers shouldn't be excited for PS4 and xbox-one because consoles are nothing new right" that's exactly what you are trying to do.
    well, no one here is saying anything about making better graphics with the cloud. Now I get why you are on this little rant...lol It's about what's said in the xbox section over at IGN.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 08-27-2013 at 14:46.

  23. #122
    Dedicated Member
    Demi_God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Icy hot of the north
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Posts
    1,426
    Rep Power
    16
    Points
    7,913 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    okay sub-stance, you are right, I'm wrong. Xbox is the greatest in the world, the cloud is going to be the most amazing thing ever in the entire world of gaming. MS is so lucky to have invented the best cloud in the history of the world. Azure is the new hope of gaming. No other cloud company can pull off what MS has done. Lets all bow down to microsoft and Sub-stance.

    Honestly, no one could ever match the awesomness of MS because sub-stance says so. All hail microsoft, the best company in the world and every gamer that supports microsoft is just so awesome.

    Last edited by Demi_God; 08-27-2013 at 17:53.

  24. Likes x_terna likes this post
  25. #123
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,780
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    58,512 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    okay sub-stance, you are right, I'm wrong. Xbox is the greatest in the world, the cloud is going to be the most amazing thing ever in the entire world of gaming. MS is so lucky to have invented the best cloud in the history of the world. Azure is the new hope of gaming. No other cloud company can pull off what MS has done. Lets all bow down to microsoft and Sub-stance.

    Honestly, no one could ever match the awesomness of MS because sub-stance says so. All hail microsoft, the best company in the world and every gamer that supports microsoft is just so awesome.

    Ah, there it is. I knew it. I usually don't require the bow down, but since you insist:



    It's not that serious bro.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 08-27-2013 at 20:19.

  26. Likes Demi_God likes this post

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.