Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    So much for me being on your ignore list....lol But anyway:
    ignore list's, such a good thing. started using them and it tidied up the xbox forums for me greatly. can see the posts from people who want to discuss xbox rather than constantly pan it.

wished i'd started using them sooner.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Kinect 2 can detect your individual fingers, like the first one, but only better. You obviously didn't watch the video I posted....lol It can also do full 3d face scanning as well as track multiple people, and you don't have to move around for it to detect you. It may not be for everyone but the technology is pretty amazing whether you like it or not and it does have a market/audience. The thing did sell over 20million. So much for me being on your ignore list....lol But anyway: 20 million sold and the worlds record for the fastest selling consumer electronic device . Sold over 8 million in 2 months which was actually better than iphone and ipad launches. You may not like it but that's success. It doesn't matter if it was for casuals. I can assure you that their money has the same value as the core gamers money. More successful than move which supposedly targeted the core but was never used in a meaningful way and had very little support for original games.
    Yeah I took you off ignore because people kept quoting you all the time so it became pointless. lol Secondly nothing you said disproves my point that MS failed when it came to Kinect core game implementation. Which was my only point. In my orginal post I never said anything about the casual Kinect games so I dont why youre rambling on about the casual market in response to my post.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 08-18-2013 at 01:11.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    ignore list's, such a good thing. started using them and it tidied up the xbox forums for me greatly. can see the posts from people who want to discuss xbox rather than constantly pan it. wished i'd started using them sooner.
    Yep, I got one guy on my ignore list who likes to stealth troll the Playstation sections and the ignore list is a nice feature.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 08-18-2013 at 01:10.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    The main fact is in your face...MS does not give a flying s#$t about what the normal gamer wants and needs
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Yeah I took you off ignore because people kept quoting you all the time so it became pointless. lol Secondly nothing you said disproves my point that MS failed when it came to Kinect core game implementation. Which was my only point. In my orginal post I never said anything about the casual Kinect games so I dont why youre rambling on about the casual market in response to my post.
    You said this:

Originally Posted by mistercrow
    Successful enough how? Maybe with the casuals but certainly not with their core game implementation of Kinect. Not even with a high profile IP like Fable.
    I answered that. I never said the device was great for the core. I said it was successful. As people say, MS doesn't take second chances if something doesn't sell well enough. Well, obviously Kinect was successful enough for them to invest in a successor. They definitely didn't lose any money on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    The main fact is in your face...MS does not give a flying s#$t about what the normal gamer wants and needs
    It has what i want though. Great games and awesome features in xbox-one.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 08-18-2013 at 02:17.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    You lost me at Zumba dev, ffs
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

7. Likes PS4freak likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Games yes. Understanding NO!
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Forum Sage
    You said this:

I answered that. I never said the device was great for the core. I said it was successful. As people say, MS doesn't take second chances if something doesn't sell well enough. Well, obviously Kinect was successful enough for them to invest in a successor. They definitely didn't lose any money on it.

It has what i want though. Great games and awesome features in xbox-one.
    What about the Kinect and Xbox isn't awesome to you?

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    You said this: I answered that. I never said the device was great for the core. I said it was successful. As people say, MS doesn't take second chances if something doesn't sell well enough. Well, obviously Kinect was successful enough for them to invest in a successor. They definitely didn't lose any money on it. It has what i want though. Great games and awesome features in xbox-one.
    Well obviously we both misunderstood each other. I meant sucessful how so in reference to core gamers and you meant sucessful enough in reference to casual gamers. So basically we're in agreement regarding my original post which was MS has been unsuccessful with core game implementation of Kinect.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 08-18-2013 at 04:26.

Forum Sage
    Well obviously we both misunderstood each other. I meant sucessful how so in reference to core gamers and you meant sucessful enough in reference to casual gamers. So basically we're in agreement regarding my original post which was MS has been unsuccessful with core game implementation of Kinect.
    Kinect was never intended for core gaming. That was evident from the beginning. This next one will be a big improvement for core game usage though. Some devs will come up with some good ways to use it with their games.

Forum Sage
    Kinect was never intended for core gaming. That was evident from the beginning. This next one will be a big improvement for core game usage though. Some devs will come up with some good ways to use it with their games.
    You say it was never intended for core gaming.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Really? That isnt what MS says here http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...ct-core-gamers. And they obviously tried some core game implementations of Kinect and failed miserably. Fable The Journey and Steel Battallion for example. http://gamer.blorge.com/2012/10/16/l...urney-reviews/ and http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-...on-heavy-armor
    Last edited by mistercrow; 08-18-2013 at 04:51.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Yes, they are after that group because the core gamers are gonna always be there. It's not bad idea. Consoles have evolved and gaming isn't just about what the core want's. MS isn't alone in their courting of casuals, that's for sure.
    I am not so sure about that. Cores are the hard ones to get in this era. They search more, they know more, they invest their money with lots of researchs. Core gamers will get angry much more easily than casuals which don't know& don't care.
    (ē_ē)
    ( ē_ē)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Forum Sage
    Really? That isnt what MS says here http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...ct-core-gamers. And they obviously tried some core game implementations of Kinect and failed miserably. Fable The Journey and Steel Battallion for example. http://gamer.blorge.com/2012/10/16/l...urney-reviews/ and http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-...on-heavy-armor
    That is just saying it can be used for core games. The main focus has always been more casual and to bring in people who normally don't play games as in the quote below states.

"Core gamers will say to me, 'What is Kinect going to do for me?' Well, you probably have a girlfriend, or you have a sister, or a brother, or a niece, or a nephew, or a wife, or a mom, or an aunt who you've probably wanted to have experience, you know, the kind of stuff that you enjoy."
    yes those two kinect games weren't successful but there are plenty game out there that failed. That includes ps3, move and on the 360 as well. A bad game is a bad game. It's not just the technology. Kinect did have some successful titles too and it did give the 360 a god boost in sales that it needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shingo View Post
    I am not so sure about that. Cores are the hard ones to get in this era. They search more, they know more, they invest their money with lots of researchs. Core gamers will get angry much more easily than casuals which don't know& don't care.
    Core gamers will buy if the games are there. That's the main thing. Price and features do matter to though.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 08-18-2013 at 15:47.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    @Substance - My point still stands that MS attempts at core Kinect games has failed miserably. MS wouldn't have even bothered to try in the first place if they weren't trying to get core gamers to adopt Kinect as well. But their core Kinect games flopped. So MS stuck more with the casual games. And http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/multime...on_Kinect.html and this http://www.x360magazine.com/general/...he-core-gamer/
    Last edited by mistercrow; 08-18-2013 at 16:19.

Forum Sage
    @Substance - My point still stands that MS attempts at core Kinect games has failed miserably. MS wouldn't have even bothered to try in the first place if they weren't trying to get core gamers to adopt Kinect as well. But their core Kinect games flopped. So MS stuck more with the casual games. And http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/multime...on_Kinect.html

Guess we'll have to just agree to disagree then. The device was successful and that was my main point. I never said it was great for core gaming. Games will always flop whether they be casual or core. I'm sure they are satisfied with where kinect stands right now.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Guess we'll have to just agree to disagree then. The device was successful and that was my main point. I never said it was great for core gaming. Games will always flop whether they be casual or core. I'm sure they are satisfied with where kinect stands right now.
    And my point was MS has failed at making any sucessful core Kinect games. I never said the device itself wasn't sucessful.

Thread Information