Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by -DeCoY-
    WHEN IS SUBTANCE IS COMIG OUT IN MARCH
    Pretty sure it comes out on the 15th in March.
    Drink your milk.

MGO Tag: MILKMAN

Killerbee
    I don't have MGS:3 cuz im waiting for subsistence. I did the same thing with MGS2. I waited for substance to come out and it was worth it because of all the extra content. When Subsistence comes out ill get it.

Dedicated Member
    Holy crap, MGS3: Subsistence is only gonna be $30, according to every site I go to. Guess I'll be heading up to gamestop to reserve this and FF12, as well as pick up the Black demo

Dedicated Member
    new subsistance online gameplay trailer @ gametrailers.com

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=9136&type=wmv

I am downloading it right now ^^
    "Awesome, the PS3 is like alien hardware from a UFO crash... it's like reverse engineering the FUTURE OF DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT!"

Forum Sage
    That's really cool. You use the third person. But you switch to 1st person when shooting, just like MGS3.

You can also roll.

It's very intresting.
    "It's real hard to be free when you are bought and sold in the marketplace.

Of course, don't ever tell anybody that they're not free, 'cause then they're gonna
    get real busy killin' and maimin' to prove to you that they are." ~Easy Rider (1969)

Dedicated Member
    Very interesting indeed. Just to think that we will be getting one of the greatest games ever made, a very fun online mode, and a 3 hour movie for only $30! Best $30 I will spend in a long time

Anyone who doesnt have this yet should definetly check it out. Its such an amazing game.
    Gamertag: Webby111

Dedicated Member
    I reserved it a few days ago, the Special Edition that comes with an extra disc (movie disc I think) and a documentary on the series. They were supposed to get the documentary discs some time in the middle of February, if anyone happens to see if they have them, please let me know.

AJJets107
    does anyone recommend this game because i am thinking of buying it.

Elite Guru

yeah me too, i couldnt find metal gear solid1 , and i know its important to start with it but i couldnt find it...

so i'm going to start with metal gear solid 2 and have a question about it

whats the difference between metal gear solid 2 and metal gear solid 2 substence?? are these 2 completely different games?

Soviet635
    I think anyone will recommend the MGS series. They are ALL worth owning.

The difference between MGS2 and MGS2:Substance is that there is a new "Snake Tales" game that allows you to play as Pliskin-Snake on The Big Shell, there is the Extreme Battle mode thinger, and some other extra stuff. Get Substance instead of regular MGS2, its better. You get the regular MGS2 story plus the Substance extras.

Elite Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Soviet635
    I think anyone will recommend the MGS series. They are ALL worth owning.

The difference between MGS2 and MGS2:Substance is that there is a new "Snake Tales" game that allows you to play as Pliskin-Snake on The Big Shell, there is the Extreme Battle mode thinger, and some other extra stuff. Get Substance instead of regular MGS2, its better. You get the regular MGS2 story plus the Substance extras.
    thanks alot man, i will buy it really really soon

Elite Guru
    For people who still owned MGS3, now it's your chance to get for only $10 at Sears.

Apprentice

MGS1 and MGS

Quote Originally Posted by turkmen117
    yeah me too, i couldnt find metal gear solid1 , and i know its important to start with it but i couldnt find it...

whats the difference between metal gear solid 2 and metal gear solid 2 substence?? are these 2 completely different games?

If I am not mistaken, you can get the original MGS and MGS1 on MGS3 Subsistence. They are included as bonus games.

*** Go tell the spartans, stranger passing by, that here, obedient to their laws, we lie. - Simonides ***
    *** Go tell the spartans, stranger passing by, that here, obedient to their laws, we lie. - Simonides ***

Re: MGS1 and MGS

Quote Originally Posted by Teslatrooper
    Quote Originally Posted by turkmen117

If I am not mistaken, you can get the original MGS and MGS1 on MGS3 Subsistence. They are included as bonus games.

No, no, they didn't start calling it Metal Gear Solid until Playstation. What you -do- get with Subsistence is Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2, which were on NES and SNES, I think... But if you're looking for MGS games, you could get Twin Snakes for Gamecube, which is Metal Gear Solid with the MGS2 graphics.
    Drink your milk.

MGO Tag: MILKMAN

Apprentice

Six more days guys. It is an amazing deal, a ton of MGS fun!!

Apprentice
    I know i can't wait. online will be frickin' awsome
    All you need is love
    Steve Irwin did not use animal calls, Animals used Steve Irwin calls.
    RIP Steve Irwin

Elite Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence gets 9.8/10 from IGN.
    http://ps2.ign.com/articles/694/694781p1.html

10 Presentation
    The flashiest presentation for Subsistence comes from its movies and bonus features taking center stage, which are good, but superfluous to the rest of the gameplay.
    9.5 Graphics
    The visuals are untouched, but the new camera makes every texture look like new. Online play is lag free with very few hitches.
    10 Sound
    Sound has remained practically the same, which isn't a bad thing at all, since the sound delivery of the original was basically perfect.
    10 Gameplay
    You have to love how the new camera makes Snake Eater feel like a new game, and the other modes more than back up the single player experience, while multiplayer rocks all.
    10 Lasting Appeal
    A redone camera system, Duel Mode and a robust online play guarantees this isn't a one trick snake ... er, pony.
    Man who chase after bus get exhausted, man who run in front of bus get tired
    Man who masturbates in class has firm grip of subject at hand
    Woman who sink in man's arms soon have arms in man's sink

Forum Sage
    Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence gets 9.8/10 from IGN.
    Because of that review, I'm really very excited about playing Metal Gear Solid: Subsistance. I look at this game and laugh to myself when I see people creating threads on the same board that read 'lack of good games coming out'. A 9.8 score for a PS2 game so late in the console's life just shows how much strength there is in everybody's favourite little black box.

I just hope Konami does a network adapter & MGS:Subsistence bundle for the people who own old (bulky) PS2's like myself.

Lastfm id: RadioheadSnob

Forum Elder
    Can you not still buy them seperate? (The network adapter)

Also, so late in the consoles life a 9.8 is amazing, most developers just stop trying (btw: What did MGS3: Snake Eater get from IGN?) I think i'll definately buy it if it turns out there are many players playing online and not just a couple of thousand)
    EssEmmSee

Selling 20gig PS3 Icon.

Master Poster
    9.7 I think. IGN seem to rate some games very highly. That said, I absolutely loved MGS3 and all it lacked in my opinion was a proper camera angle; the original felt like part of what you had to combat, rather than something that was actually on your side.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Naboomagnoli
    9.7 I think. IGN seem to rate some games very highly. That said, I absolutely loved MGS3 and all it lacked in my opinion was a proper camera angle; the original felt like part of what you had to combat, rather than something that was actually on your side.
    I don't think so, IGN can be very critical. But other time they can be very linient.

This is what IGN gave the MGS series for PS2 for whoever wanted it.

9.7 MGS2: Sons of Liberty
    9.1 MGS2: Substance
    9.6 MGS3: Snake Eater
    9.8 MGS3: Subsistence

It also got a 9.8 for the limited edition of MGS3: Subsistence.

So, it is fair to say, along with many players, IGN also likes MGS.

Dedicated Member
    My God, what an amazing game and story. Just beat the story mode of Subsistence, and I just remembered how amazing it is. Hideo Kojima is amazing at crafting tales. What's funny is, this story probably has more truth in it then we know, after all, the Cold War was filled with espionage. Who knows, but darnit this game rocks. Anyone who thinks Splinter Cell has a better story must not be able to comprehend the depth of the story. Alright, I'm done, if you haven't bought subsistence, do it right now.

I just bought Subsistence today, and what's different about it besides online game play? I'm a MGS fan and can't wait to play MGS4. All there games have more work with there storyline than any game I've seen, it's always hard to figure what the ending is going to be like.

Superior Member

.... Wow. I just played MGS3: Subsistence for the first time (I have not played Snake Eater) and wow... just wow. That is definetly one of my most favourite games of all time.
    Your signature is too big. Please read the New Signature Rules ~ Lp_Chris12

Thread Information