Hybrid View

Superior Member

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Youre MGS:3 Queries

Dedicated Member
    that all could of been put into 1 psot you know, by editing your first post
    anyway....
    MGS3 is gonna rock!!!!!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

Blake
    This belongs in the PS2 forums.

Superior Member

Soz about but the double post but as there been any info on those knobs that took that mgs3 demo. For those that didnt know heres an article on it

There was a commotion at the LA Convention Centre yesterday when the army off security staff was left flat-footed and red-faced with “Question Marks” and “Exclamation Marks” over their heads. This commotion was caused when two unknown youths stole a copy off MGS3: Snake Eater demo code which was on display at the Sony and Konami's stands for the duration of the week. The LAPD are looking into the occurrence and are searching for two 19-20 year old males.

The thief’s gained access to the booth in a very ”un-snakely manner” then managed to steal the disk by cracking the perspex case on one of the pods on the Sony stand and then ejecting the game before doing a runner from the convention centre.

Damn The Patriots, Snake Would Not Be Proud!!

ive seen trailers of MGS3 and its just too good for splinter cell 2.
    (¯`·._.-» lD lE /A lD ll\/ll /A ll\ll «-._.·´¯)

Superior Member

MGS3 is the game i am mostly looking forward to along with xbox's halo but i just hope its worth the wait. It certainly looks brilliant but its the gaming experience that counts. i also hope theres goin to be a soundtrack. there most likely will be because it will sell in big numbers. that main theme is so awesome. its the type of tune that makes you want to shoot someone which isnt a bad thing.

lol, im looking forward to the amount of things he can do... what i mean by that is e.g in green grassy areas, he can camoflage himself so the enemies dont see him... kinda kool.

Elite Member
    you can do alot more then that since the game is based or survial you feel have to feed your self and keep your self warm to keep your stamina up and you will also be able to hold a rifle 2 diffrent ways 1.stock against your shoulder for more accuracy 2.just held normaly
    Every second breathes life into reason for dying.

Superior Member

We already know this but heres the proof

oh so its based on the passed?

Superior Member

The game is set in 1964, so the game will not have codecs in it so no more of those annoying 'BRING BRINGs' in which you have to listen to sum 1 for ages if you are to follow the story. in stead snake, uh uhm, big boss will have a ear piece and the talking will be displayed in a cut scene (a short cut scene). revolver ocelot will appear in the game and he looks very GAY in his young age

Go to this site for info on characters, screens and vids

http://www.konamijpn.com/products/mgs3/

great thanx, revolver ocelot looks gay in his young age lol

Elite Member
    instead of codec you will probably have a radio in which you can probably radio in about what kind of bugs and annimals are good to eat also you will be able to make snake puke by moving around the index alot or somthing like that which could be a fun way to get rid of posion and by the way you can call big boss "snake" because i think he was the original with the code name and that solid snake liquid snake and solidus snake are just extensions because after all they are all clones of the original snake(big boss) and my proof of this is in the 2004 e3 trailler

Superior Member

In the trailer to the game you see solidus grab and get a firm hold of a mans dong, who the hell cares?. Well the man looks exactly like raiden, so now we know how he came about. He was a DNA copy of just a normal foot soldier.

Trailers here http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/536/5...html?fromint=1

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Evolution
    In the trailer to the game you see solidus grab and get a firm hold of a mans dong, who the hell cares?. Well the man looks exactly like raiden, so now we know how he came about. He was a DNA copy of just a normal foot soldier.

Trailers here http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/536/5...html?fromint=1
    Shocking stuff that is but I'm sure you posted the same info in another thread too

Must be getting to old but I'm only 16 lol

Elite Member

i doubt

raiden is to young to be in mgs 3 and who was a DNA copy of a normal foot soldier? and it cant be solidus because the les enfants terribles project wasnt started untill big boss was in his 50's and i doubt he would go around doing all the crap he does in mgs3 in his 50's

Superior Member

I saw a demo on ign that was recorded from e3. The demo has been removed now but it shows you snake catching food and the inventory screen for changing costume and your food inventory. Inventory screen comes up with different options to choose from, theres costume change and food but i forgot the others as i saw this demo ages ago. well when you change the costume you are given the list of outfits and when you highlight a certain one it tells you how good it would be for camoflauge for where you are, when you are on one of the selections and you press square (i think) it shows you snake on a blank screen and you can rotate him in different directions to inspect the outfit.
    On the food menu screen you see all the food you have catched. you can do the same as the outfit, by pressing square you can expect the food. this will be needed vitally in the game because ??? (konami havent said yet but i guess its to find poisonous stuff on it and other foreign substances). then on the demo they get of the inventory screen and you can see snake hiding behind a tree. he then runs through some trees and sees a crcodile, he kills the crocodile by shooting it in the mouth when it goes to attack snake. he then walks over to the crocodile and it is put into the inventory(not the entire crocodile by the way cus that would be stupid).
    It then goes back to the food inventory screen. Whoevers playing it keeps feeding snake over and over again and when he gets of the inventory screen snake throws up.

You can also triple snipe someone which i also saw on a e3 demo which was removed. It has three foot soldiers walking together and when they all get in line snake shoots and kills three of them. Theres one remaining who runs of and hides behind a tree, snake snipes a bee hive above him and it drops by the soldier causing him to run away and than snake snipes him.
    Also, for the first time in a metal gear solid game shotguns will make an appearence with a supply of different ammo, the only type of ammo i know is deer shot but there is expected to be alot of different ammo types for each weapon.

The release date is 31st December 2004

Elite Member
    actualy there are shot guns in mgs2 in the higher difficultys you cant use them only the enemies can but they are there. man i contradict almost everything you say

Superior Member

I would of thought it would of been self-explainitory that i was talking about the weapons snake could use.

Elite Member

i know

i know i was just pointing that out that it wont be the first time in the metal gear solid series that there will be a shot gun maybe the first time you can use them but not the first time they are there

Superior Member

It does make you wonder why they didnt include shotguns for snake to use in the first few games. If they put them in the game for the guards then why couldnt they just spend a little longer to give one to snake.

Elite Member

they are loud

shot guns are very loud and if its a stealth game it makes sense not to let the player use them considering every one would hear the shot but then if you about it why do you use missles and stuff? so i dont know

Veteran
    Well, in previous MGS games there was the Nikita missile launcher, grenade launcher and a stinger missile launcher so I would say that MGS is hardly lacking in Missile weapons, but I agree that there should be a Shotgun in MGS for Snake. However not as a standard weapon, because of the stealth aspect of the game, but as a unlockable bonus weapon. Once you've unlocked it you could go through the game gun-ho and kick some ass. That would be great fun.

Superior Member

Heres a good insight into the the camoflage. Thers a trailer showing you the costume changes at the bottom of the page.

http://www.konamijpn.com/products/mg...amouflage.html

Elite Member
    just somthing i picked up in psm "lunches in the e3 demo included a gharial - a reprillian beast native to pakistani and indian rivers(indicating our protagonist has a lengthy trip ahead or behind him if kojima's penchant for ecological accuracy is to be trust) so i am guessing you will probably be parachuted down into some country with those reptilian beast's and have to go from there to i forget the name of the place snake is going but anyways even hideo kojima in a interview told the psm team that in previous metalgear games you always started off right next to the base or inside it in which case isnt very realistic so in mgs3 you will have to sneak from country A to country B not start off right at the destination.

Thread Information