Thread: Sim Card issues

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style

Sim Card issues

Not sure if anyone else is having this issue but recently my old sim card stopped working because I had not used it for ~6 months, as Vodafone do they deactivate all sim cards if they're not used after 6 months. Once it was deactivated I have always had a popup on my Vita after a few minutes saying "Invalid Sim Card". Well I've been wanting to get a new sim card for 3G simply because I'll soon be heading away where there won't be much freely available wireless access so it would be ideal. I went to Vodafone and got a new sum... didn't work, tried another... didn't work, so I went back today and took in my Vita and they said "we no longer have any Vita sim cards".

Well I got my money back but I mean seriously, no 3G sim cards? So my questions to you guys is:
    1. What carrier has a sim card that will work with the Vita?
    2. Do they currently have sim cards that work with the Vita?
    3. How do you get rid of these stupid annoying popups (which also appear in the middle of a game) saying that a sim card is not recognised or inserted?

And before you ask yes I do have "mobile" turned off in the settings and no I do not have a sim card inserted.

Apprentice

PSN ID
    crazy_gooner
    Don't they just take standard sims? As long as you have data shouldn't matter.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 4

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    That's what I thought but when I went down there in person they said that the sims were different, off considering that they looked exactly the same. Either way your everyday sim wasn't being detected at all so I'm confused.

In the meantime I've turned on Flight Mode and then manually switched on WiFi so hopefully that will work for the time being.

Apprentice

PSN ID
    crazy_gooner
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    That's what I thought but when I went down there in person they said that the sims were different, off considering that they looked exactly the same. Either way your everyday sim wasn't being detected at all so I'm confused.

In the meantime I've turned on Flight Mode and then manually switched on WiFi so hopefully that will work for the time being.
    Well I work for a mobile phone company, and have sold contract data sims for people to use in their vitas. Nobody has come back saying it doesn't work. The ones I've sold aren't Vodafone.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It could be that they don't have any Sim cards the size for the Vita. They might only have micro sim cards now, and you'll need an adapter to use it in the Vita.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_gooner View Post
    Well I work for a mobile phone company, and have sold contract data sims for people to use in their vitas. Nobody has come back saying it doesn't work. The ones I've sold aren't Vodafone.
    Is it possible you can PM me which Sims you sell to others please so that I can try it out. It's kind of odd that Vodafone's isn't working.

Apprentice

PSN ID
    crazy_gooner
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    Is it possible you can PM me which Sims you sell to others please so that I can try it out. It's kind of odd that Vodafone's isn't working.
    Sure. Pm sent.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Thanks mate. I did take a look at my old Vita Sim card and noticed that the chip is significantly bigger on the Sim than the one's Vodafone gave me to test out with so that is probably where the problem lied.

Thread Information