Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1

Toronto officer charged in Sammy Yatim streetcar shooting

Toronto police officer Forcillo charged in Sammy Yatim streetcar shooting arrives at court

Constable James Forcillo, the Toronto police officer charged in the death of a teenager who brandished a small knife on a streetcar, has surrendered himself into police custody this morning.
    Constable Forcillo arrived at Old City Hall for his first court appearance to schedule a bail hearing at 8:20 a.m. in a white, unmarked van with tinted windows. He looked straight ahead as the van drove towards the rear of the courthouse through a number of journalists trying to get pictures through the windows. Wearing a black suit and a blue tie, Constable Forcillo was seated in the second-row of the van, accompanied by at least four other men wearing suits.
    The bail hearing could take place today.
    Constable Forcillo was the sole subject of an investigation by the Special Investigations Unit, a provincial agency that probes civilian deaths involving police. The investigation concluded yesterday with SIU director, Ian Scott laying a second-degree murder charge against Constable Forcillo.
    The charge is in connection to the July 26 incident when Sammy Yatim, 18, pulled out a three-inch blade on a westbound Dundas streetcar near Trinity Bellwoods Park. The passengers and driver fled the vehicle unharmed leaving Mr. Yatim behind. When police arrived, a witness video of the incident shows a verbal interaction between Mr. Yatim and officers on the ground. The teen can be seen taking a step forward at which time an officer fires three gun shots at Mr. Yatim, at which point he falls to the floor. After a pause, six more shots are fired at Mr. Yatim. Following this, an officer can be heard using a taser in the video.
    The SIU did not investigate the officer who deployed the taser because it determined only one officer contributed to Mr. Yatim’s death.
    Yesterday, Mr. Yatim’s family released a statement to say they were relieved with news of the second-degree murder charge laid against Constable Forcillo. While they have said consistently since his death that they bear no “ill will” against police officers in general, their statement yesterday was critical of all the officers who were on the scene at the time of the shooting.
    “Our family hopes that the SIU investigation will continue looking into the actions of the supervising police officer(s) and the other officers in attendance for their lack of intervention in this tragedy,” read the statement. “Over 20 uniformed police officers were present and no one stepped forward to stop the gun shots or offer any mediation. Moving forward we expect complete transparency and accountability.”

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ticle13867299/

the big different in USA and Canada

does not matter who you are in Canada murder is murder

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    In the US, murder is murder.

I think people with power and authority getting away with murder is something common in ALL countries.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    What are the facts of the case. What is a street car?

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    here the video

Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    What are the facts of the case. What is a street car?

Supreme Veteran
    Sounds like they shot him 9 times with bullets THEN tasered him.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Sounds like they shot him 9 times with bullets THEN tasered him.
    yep you got that right, he could have done so many ways to stop the kid then killing him.

Supreme Veteran
    So a street car is basically what I know as a Tram.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    So a street car is basically what I know as a Tram.
    no idea wat a tram is lol

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Maybe he did use a little force. Maybe he did that community a favour. Wasn't the kid high or drunk and had a knife on him that he pulled on the bus, forcing the driver to call the cop? Like I said, maybe he did the community he lived in a favour.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dj- View Post
    no idea wat a tram is lol
    Basically that picture you posted...it's the Euro way of saying TTC/Street car. I like tram more. Sounds more logical.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    a little force?? no the cop is a cold blooded killer. the kid may be little sick in the head but he didn't need to get shoot 9 times

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    a little force?? no the cop is a cold blooded killer. the kid may be little sick in the head but he didn't need to get shoot 9 times
    Yeah, in retrospect, I think one bullet to the head would have been fine.

I'm sorry, I really hate dipshits like that teenager.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    Yeah, in retrospect, I think one bullet to the head would have been fine.

I'm sorry, I really hate dipshits like that teenager.
    how you know he a dip$#@! because he had bad day and pull out knife does not mean we should kill him

i'm sorry because you are sorry.
    Last edited by -Dj-; 08-21-2013 at 02:25.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    how you know he a dip$#@! because he had bad day and pull out knife does not mean we should kill him

i'm sorry because you are sorry.
    if you had "a bad day" and pulled a knife on me I would shoot you to.

now if I was a cop i would have tasered you unles you where coming at me which that video shows $#@! just some sounds. We can not see inside that bus to see if the guy was coming after th cop who shot him, and if the cop who tasered him was another cop. Show me inside the bus first. You come at anyone with a knife they will shoot you, go try it sometime.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

14. Likes F34R likes this post
    Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    the 2nd video you can see the kid was alone on the bus and did not attack the cops , he was already on the ground after the 1st/3rd shoot but the cop fire like 8 more

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    the 2nd video you can see the kid was alone on the bus and did not attack the cops , he was already on the ground after the 1st/3rd shoot but the cop fire like 8 more
    Dam wtf was the cop thinking
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    Dam wtf was the cop thinking
    i ask you this

who $#@!ed up in the head the teen or the cop?

Miqo'te Bard
    i ask you this

who $#@!ed up in the head the teen or the cop?
    Both but more so the cop, i mean wow.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    That second video was a little better angle.

I dunno. I can't go on the video alone. Did that suspect say anything to them just before getting shot, or did he say anything while the cops were there?

Based on the video alone, I wouldn't have shot that suspect at that point.

I am not going to judge the police officers without all the information.

Just for the sake of it.. if someone walked towards me with a knife, within 30 feet of me, they'd be shot dead. Period.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    That second video was a little better angle.

I dunno. I can't go on the video alone. Did that suspect say anything to them just before getting shot, or did he say anything while the cops were there?

Based on the video alone, I wouldn't have shot that suspect at that point.

I am not going to judge the police officers without all the information.

Just for the sake of it.. if someone walked towards me with a knife, within 30 feet of me, they'd be shot dead. Period.
    he called the cops $#@!s but does not give the right to shoot him dead
    our police force are getting re-trained so cops don't put 8-9 bullets into people 1 to 2 bullets can put down a pesron without killing them

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    he called the cops $#@!s but does not give the right to shoot him dead
    our police force are getting re-trained so cops don't put 8-9 bullets into people 1 to 2 bullets can put down a pesron without killing them
    Where did you get ALL the information from? Can you link to ALL the information?

When you shoot someone, it isn't for whether or not to kill them. It's called deadly force for a reason. Every situation is different. There isn't any general way to shoot someone.

I take it from experience, not videos of others.

edit:

Just a glimpse at what it does to a person who shoots someone in a legal manner... we still get charged with the murder. Every single officer in the state of South Carolina, that shoots and kills someone, is charged with what is equivalent to saying "murder". Period.
    Last edited by F34R; 08-21-2013 at 03:56.

Forum Sage

Damn. That was murder no matter how it's spun. The first three shots were necessary because of the danger posed to the officer and the public at large. The following six shots weren't. That murderer waited a good five seconds before firing off the other six shots. That's premeditated murder. He wanted to fire those extra shots.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    Damn. That was murder no matter how it's spun. The first three shots were necessary because of the danger posed to the officer and the public at large. The following six shots weren't. That murderer waited a good five seconds before firing off the other six shots. That's premeditated murder. He wanted to fire those extra shots.
    What if that suspect was only hit by the last bullet that was fired? What if he was hit in the left foot by eight bullets? Premeditated lol. /smh Nice way to assume that the suspect was hit and killed by every single bullet lol.

Since you say the first three were justified... what if the first bullet killed the suspect? Is it illegal to fire more rounds into a dead body? When did this suspect even die?

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Items DoomPlayStationDiablo IIIBlizzardDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Looks like a "police assisted" suicide to me.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Quote Originally Posted by grantbbee View Post
    What are the facts of the case
    the cop killed him for no reason

the kid was on the streetcar by him self and noone was in damage for the cop to shoot him

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast of Bourbon View Post
    Looks like a "police assisted" suicide to me.
    Sounds plausible. It'd be really interesting to read the actual police reports to see what they say happened. Seeing that video only gives an onlookers perspective.
    Quote Originally Posted by grantbbee View Post
    What are the facts of the case
    Based on what? The only thing we have so far is those two angles of video footage. With that in mind; there was an 18 year old with a knife, he walks towards the door, and you hear gun fire, and a tazer be used. Oh yeah, the suspect died. Those are the only facts that I can see.
    the cop killed him for no reason

the kid was on the streetcar by him self and noone was in damage for the cop to shoot him
    You are really quick to judge things. What if he said that he was going to kill the cop, and he walked towards them, as we can see in the video? Would you still consider that murder?

Thread Information