Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Dedicated Member
    Could somebody pls explain the hype about this game, it just looks like a blocky POS to me?!
    PSN = prison_inmate

Finally You Are Free
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mudshark View Post
    Could somebody pls explain the hype about this game, it just looks like a blocky POS to me?!
    You can build almost anything. You spawn in a randomly generated, infinite world where absolutely everything is waiting to be altered by your touch. You can carve away mountains to build castles, sanction away areas of the ocean for mining operations, or even build machines that operate on both analog and binary logic. It's a playground, but not one without struggle; you have to work for your resources. You tear down trees and cut boards for crafting, you wander dark caverns, fighting monsters from the shadows as you search for valuable ores and coal, and you devise a defense against the terrors of the night while making yourself a lovely home.

It's entirely open to your imagination. Anything from a simple house to a palace, or even a damn computer. There's tons of mods, texture packs, custom maps and mini games available. And the community can produce amazing things.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    Quote Originally Posted by mudshark View Post
    I feel the same, it does seem it has a large following. My nephew will love to hear this news as he loves the game.

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Yeah I'm with you mudshark. I'm not going to knock the game because I haven't played it but the hype never really struck me. It has always looked like a niche game to me. But since it will be coming to PS4 I might try it out.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    MS still thinks its still not coming to ps4

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dj- View Post
    MS still thinks its still not coming to ps4
    Mojang says nope.

https://twitter.com/jeb_

4J Studios ‏@4JStudios1h
    Happy to confirm we're developing Minecraft PS3, PS4 & PS Vita Editions for Mojang, as well as Xbox 360 & Xbox One Editions!
    Last edited by Christopher; 08-21-2013 at 12:02.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Getting it on Vita, not really the type of game 'd wanna play on the big screen personally.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Hopefully at least some mod ideas will make it into the actual game. The console will be powerful enough to support a lot more... well, 'stuff' than the current gen.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by LeisureSuitLarry View Post
    Mojang says nope.

https://twitter.com/jeb_

4J Studios ‏@4JStudios1h
    Happy to confirm we're developing Minecraft PS3, PS4 & PS Vita Editions for Mojang, as well as Xbox 360 & Xbox One Editions!
    are you sure that isn't a fake "xbox support" account? They have one for Sony also with Kazuo Hirai or whatever. LOL

Veteran
    I'm sorry, but Minecraft gives me eye cancer. At least with a PS1 game, I knew they couldn't help the way it looked, but voxel games seem like they're trying to cash in on the retro craze without realizing what makes those retro games special. Mincraft doesn't look fun to me, or interesting. I'm gonna be a voice of dissent and say LBP2 is way better. Now, I may want to give MC a try if I get an Oculus rift, but that will be on my PC and not PS4 (unless PS4 gets OR support, but even then...) because I think it would be interesting to experience that in VR, but aside from that, I don't understand the love for MC even among the "Play, create, share" crowd.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by bobtheduck View Post
    I'm sorry, but Minecraft gives me eye cancer. At least with a PS1 game, I knew they couldn't help the way it looked, but voxel games seem like they're trying to cash in on the retro craze without realizing what makes those retro games special. Mincraft doesn't look fun to me, or interesting. I'm gonna be a voice of dissent and say LBP2 is way better. Now, I may want to give MC a try if I get an Oculus rift, but that will be on my PC and not PS4 (unless PS4 gets OR support, but even then...) because I think it would be interesting to experience that in VR, but aside from that, I don't understand the love for MC even among the "Play, create, share" crowd.
    You dont play voxel games for graphics. To make minecraft really pretty and have "this gen" effects it can be really spec heavy. The game looks quite beautiful but you need like a 560+ to run it at a decent framerate.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    FarCry4DragonAge3DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Have you played it before? I'm not a big fan of the creation games, but Minecraft has its appeal. There's also the survival aspect that makes building more special and the exploration part is fantastic. You don't even have to like building stuff, since exploring caves and dungeons itself is fun.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Big deal, it's on everything...still easier to play it on your web browser.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    pacpunk
    I used to make fun of Minecraft till I played the creative mode. I loved playing with legos as a kid and it totally drew me in. I would love to play the vita version on the go, I'm really excited about the launch.
    Contributing Writer @ PSU | Amateur Games Journalist | Internet Media Guy

Tumblr Blogs: Josh Likes Games | Coffee and Controllers | Follow me on Twitter
    Spooky Mobley's Conspiracy Corner | Pixel Power Art

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    It is not trying to cash in on the retro craze... Not at all actually. Play before you judge.

16. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Meh. Didnt bother with it on 360 so I doubt I'll bother with it on PS4.

Elite Sage
    MC takes a massive $#@! on LBP if you ask me. I've had way more fun just mining in MC than i ever had on LBP

Thread Information