Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 4 1 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Member

Killzone : Shadow Fall - New MP Trailer, Season Pass and Free DLC Incoming

New MP Trailer :

Season Pass Detailed :

As you can tell we’re pulling out all the stops for Killzone Shadow Fall multiplayer, and we already have a several forms of downloadable content planned for extensive post-launch multiplayer support. In addition to new competitive multiplayer maps – which, as we mentioned before, will be released for free – we’re also working on paid expansion packs that will further enhance your online experience.

To help you save on the first six expansion packs, we’re introducing the Killzone Shadow Fall Season Pass. For just £15.99/€19.99, you will receive access to the following packs as they become available:

Online co-op expansion pack
    Focusing on team play and intense combat, the online co-op expansion pack adds a new co-operative game mode in which you and up to three online friends must survive against impossible odds. Fight waves upon waves of enemies in four new arena maps, featuring a unique leveling system and new unlocks.

Three online co-op map packs
    Each map pack consists of two brand-new arena maps you can play in co-op mode with your friends. Please note that these arena maps will only work with the online co-op expansion pack.

Two additional multiplayer expansion packs
    We’ll reveal more about these additional multiplayer expansion packs when Killzone Shadow Fall’s launch date nears. Suffice to say they’ll offer many hours of additional multiplayer thrills!

But that’s not all – if you get your Season Pass for day one of Killzone Shadow Fall, you will also receive access to an exclusive OWL combat drone skin and a unique Multiplayer Spotlight move. Take advantage of this excellent value deal to maximize your online experience!

Free MP Maps :

We’re thrilled to finally be able to show you Killzone: Shadow Fall’s multiplayer! We’ll go into details about the game’s exciting multiplayer features in a moment but first, have a look at our brand-new GamesCom multiplayer trailer to get a taste of the action.

Just like in the single player campaign, Killzone: Shadow Fall’s multiplayer gives you the freedom to play the game exactly how you want. Using the new customizable Warzone features demonstrated in the trailer, you can pick the number of players (4-24), rules, mission modes, classes, abilities and weapons you want to allow in a match, then save these choices as a preset to share with the rest of the Shadow Fall community.

With an ever-evolving selection of Warzone presets, you’ll have no trouble finding fresh and challenging online matches in Killzone: Shadow Fall. In addition, the community team will regularly highlight interesting new Warzone presets and introduce new options to customize and play with by means of expansion packs.

That’s not all, of course – we’ve worked hard to make sure Killzone: Shadow Fall will be a fun, competitive multiplayer experience that’s easy to get into, but difficult to master. There are now eight different rotating mission modes, four of which are new to Killzone: Shadow Fall. The game has three classes with unique abilities and 22 different weapons – all unlocked from the get-go, so you can determine for yourself how and in which order you want to specialize.

We’ve also redesigned our progression system to work with challenges rather than XP. There are over 1500 increasingly difficult challenges to complete in Killzone: Shadow Fall multiplayer, so you’ll have plenty of opportunity to prove your skills and collect rewards. To increase longevity even further, we plan to continue support for the title well after launch – and yes, DLC multiplayer maps will be released free of charge to ensure everyone can play.

We hope you’re as excited about Killzone: Shadow Fall multiplayer as we are. In the coming weeks we’ll release more details about the multiplayer features on Killzone.com and the PlayStation Blog. In the meantime, have another look at the multiplayer trailer, and check out the screenshots in the gallery below!

KZ : Shadowfall PICS -

Last edited by roy8846; 09-25-2013 at 09:56.
    PSN = GgT-Wolves-FC

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    That's awesome! I also like the warzone feature. Reminds me of being able to find a server with certain 'rules' on CSS, and enjoying the game a lot more for it. It's definitely something I miss when playing on consoles, just getting thrown in without the ability to find somewhere that suits me.

And yes, I loved no AWP servers.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    WOW. That has to be the best MP trailer I've seen for next-gen. wow....

Indoril Nerevar
    The visuals and effects are lovely. But it's hard for me to care about another shooter's multiplayer. It's just more run and gun gameplay.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    So, no duels? Only 2v2 and more?

Finally free maps, the way its meant to be done

Master Guru
    That's an awesome thing to do for Guerrlla Games. Killzone: Shadow Fall will rock.

Veteran
    KZ multiplayer was lots of fun but 24 max players? please kill yourselves GG.

Dedicated Member
    Items Full Metal AlchemistThe X-FilesFinal Fantasy VII
    why no 32? like KZ2.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I don't see a problem with 24 players.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Awesome. And free DLC too.

Super Elite
    Oh, Killzone, how I've missed you.

Too bad Titanfall is an XOne exclusive or else my shooting tastes would be 100% satisfied between these two. But god damn that looks great; Mercenary and Shadowfall are both going to demand some hefty play-time.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I don't see a problem with 24 players.
    I do, but this probably won't stop me from getting the game cause I really want to try the campaign and I just won't be touching the multiplayer I will have BF4 for that after all.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    I do, but this probably won't stop me from getting the game cause I really want to try the campaign and I just won't be touching the multiplayer I will have BF4 for that after all.
    How is it a problem?

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    I hope the multiplayer feels and plays like Killzone 2. That's all i want.

Veteran
    How is it a problem?
    12 vs 12 seriously? We're in a new generation of gaming, even Resistance had support for over 60 players on PS3. I know it's not like Battlefield all out warfare, but they should have at least done 30+ like they used to on the previous KZ games.

Indoril Nerevar
    The amount of players works entirely into keeping the pace of the game good. You don't want a guy around every other corner. More players does not equal better gameplay.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    So it doesn't actually cause a problem.. you just don't like it.

Ultimate Veteran
    Day 1 get for me, then. I support devs who don't DLC people to death or charge for season pass ****ery.
    Who would have thought building a solid product that serves your customer's needs would beat out money, marketing, hype, and greed.

19. Likes Zswordsman wishes they had posted this first.
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SmoknJokr
    So it doesn't actually cause a problem.. you just don't like it.
    Get em f34r!!!

Really its the size and configuration of the maps that dictate how many players are appropriate. Look at the size of bf3 maps. They can support 64 players but COD maps would not! Would rather have a moderate sized map than a map that I gotta spend most of my life running across only to be killed soon as I get to the skirmish...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
    Last edited by Smokin Joker; 08-21-2013 at 04:43.

Thanks to Spyrde for the sig/avy

Extreme Poster
    it does look cool, i'll actually check it out because it sort of reminds me of Gears and it'd be cool to play a shooter with the heavies.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I like free stuff!

Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

23. Likes darky89 wishes they had posted this first.
    Dedicated Member
    Yeah, great stuff....will pick this up too.
    PSN = prison_inmate

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    I'm still not sold on this game, it's just burnt me twice. I don't think I could take another scalding. My mind is not made up yet, so there is still hope.

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by berts08 View Post
    I'm still not sold on this game, it's just burnt me twice. I don't think I could take another scalding. My mind is not made up yet, so there is still hope.
    My eyes are scalded from the beautiful images that have been bestowed upon them.

Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Awesome gesture - people really are spoiled for FPS options at the start of this gen. Killzone's definitely near the top of the list for me when I get around to buying a system.

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Thread Information