Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 81
  1. #51
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,479
    Rep Power
    190
    Points
    107,289 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    do we have a better-looking shooter as of now?

  2. #52
    Dedicated Member
    rene2kx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,103
    Rep Power
    29
    Points
    14,015 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    do we have a better-looking shooter as of now?
    yeah BF4 on pc.

  3. #53
    Dedicated Member
    rene2kx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,103
    Rep Power
    29
    Points
    14,015 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by roy8846 View Post
    New MP Footage. (Offscreen)

    Good Framerate. CHECK
    GRAPGICS HHNNGGGGGG. CHECK

    The rain drops look pretty average for a next gen game, other than that looks fairly good graphically. That video appeared stable frame rate wise but guerrilla has said it wont be locked at 60 fps always and there will be dips.
    Last edited by rene2kx; 09-27-2013 at 16:53.

  4. #54
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,479
    Rep Power
    190
    Points
    107,289 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    difficult to tell as one is small-scaled, one is large. but i can assure you that BF4 would not win because it's based on old tech.

    i don't know how updated the KZ engine is but at least it's not a cross-gen (which is worse than multiplat).

  5. #55
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

  6. #56
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,479
    Rep Power
    190
    Points
    107,289 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by rene2kx View Post
    The rain drops look pretty average for a next gen game
    there's no rain in BF4, is there?
    other than that loks fairly good graphically.
    but you think BF4 looks better? you have to take the scale in consideration to say that BF4 is a good-looking game but at face value, if you think KZ looks fair then you must think BF4 looks bad. because comparing the two screens would clearly show that KZ has far more post-processing going on.
    That video appeared stable frame rate wise but guerrilla has said it wont be locked at 60 fps always and there will be dips.
    and BF4 won't? we don't even know yet if BF4 will be 1080p.

  7. #57
    Dedicated Member
    rene2kx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,103
    Rep Power
    29
    Points
    14,015 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    there's no rain in BF4, is there? but you think BF4 looks better? you have to take the scale in consideration to say that BF4 is a good-looking game but at face value, if you think KZ looks fair then you must think BF4 looks bad. because comparing the two screens would clearly show that KZ has far more post-processing going on.
    and BF4 won't? we don't even know yet if BF4 will be 1080p.
    i was not making any comparison with bf4 in that post, just commenting on that latest kz vid. i definitely think BF4 running on decent pc hardware will look more technically accomplished than killzone 4, all things considered. of course the pc version that is. the bf4 console version won't run at native 1080p, it'll be 900p (scaled to 1080p).

  8. #58
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,479
    Rep Power
    190
    Points
    107,289 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by rene2kx View Post
    i was not making any comparison with bf4 in that post, just commenting on that latest kz vid.
    ok sure, it just seems pointless when you were replying to me and you brought up BF4 as a comparison.

    i definitely think BF4 running on decent pc hardware will look more technically accomplished than killzone 4, all things considered.
    that's the problem, all things considered, the extreme post-processing will weigh in a lot. as well as level of detail, which is a lot more in this game over BF4. but from scale, BF4 is also amazing but it's not a true next-gen title, neither is KZ probably but it's definitely more next-gen than BF4.


    in the end, it's difficult to compare two games that are doing different things.
    of course the pc version that is. the bf4 console version won't run at native 1080p, it'll be 900p (scaled to 1080p).
    right, because it's not taking advantage of the consoles.


    BF is not built for consoles. it's built for the PC and then scaled down for consoles. the problem with consoles is that they don't have raw power to throw around, if EA made it just for consoles, it would perform far better.

  9. #59
    Dedicated Member
    rene2kx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,103
    Rep Power
    29
    Points
    14,015 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    ok sure, it just seems pointless when you were replying to me and you brought up BF4 as a comparison.
    that's the problem, all things considered, the extreme post-processing will weigh in a lot. as well as level of detail, which is a lot more in this game over BF4. but from scale, BF4 is also amazing but it's not a true next-gen title, neither is KZ probably but it's definitely more next-gen than BF4.

    in the end, it's difficult to compare two games that are doing different things.
    right, because it's not taking advantage of the consoles.

    BF is not built for consoles. it's scaled down for consoles.
    you asked if there is any shooter out there that looks better than this game and i opined battlefield 4 for pc (which i think it does). i never brought in the console version of bf4. killzone 4 has good post processing effects (especially in the sp campaign) but i still dont think it'll beat a bf4 running on high/ultra pc settings on a technical scale. and killzone 4 is sacrificing FR to achieve all those post processing effects.

  10. #60
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,479
    Rep Power
    190
    Points
    107,289 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by rene2kx View Post
    you asked if there is any shooter out there that looks better than this game and i opined battlefield 4 for pc (which i think it does). i never brought in the console version of bf4.
    yea i made a comment about the console version by mistake but i was talking about the PC version overall. BF4 does not look better at face value, it's doing more on a larger scale, it's better in technical achievement.

    killzone 4 has good post processing effects (especially in the sp campaign) but i still dont think it'll beat a bf4 running on high/ultra pc settings on a technical scale. and killzone 4 is sacrificing FR to achieve all those post processing effects.
    good post-processing effects? is there anything better? you keep making comparisons but i don't know what you're making these comparisons to.

    yes, on a technical level, BF4 is superior than KZ. But these games are doing very different things. there's a lot more detail as well in KZ, it's not just about the post-processing effects. the shader effects are better, there's definitely better lighting going on. BF4 basically tries to hide its bland side by overusing the contrast effect of its lighting.

    it would be much better if you compared KZ to a smaller-scaled shooter that had all that stuff going on. at the same time, there's hardly any scale in KZ and BF4 obviously is superior in that respect.

    The point is, no, if you're just going to compare "looks", BF4 does "not" look better. it is technically better due to its scale but at face value, it does not look better. so you want to say that BF4 is technically better.
    Last edited by Omar; 09-27-2013 at 17:30.

  11. #61
    Dedicated Member
    rene2kx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,103
    Rep Power
    29
    Points
    14,015 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    yea i made a comment about the console version by mistake but i was talking about the PC version overall. BF4 does not look better at face value, it's doing more on a larger scale, it's better in technical achievement.

    good post-processing effects? is there anything better? you keep making comparisons but i don't know what you're making these comparisons to.

    yes, on a technical level, BF4 is superior than KZ. But these games are doing very different things. there's a lot more detail as well in KZ, it's not just about the post-processing effects. the shader effects are better, there's definitely better lighting going on. BF4 basically tries to hide its bland side by overusing the contrast effect of its lighting.

    it would be much better if you compared KZ to a smaller-scaled shooter that had all that stuff going on. at the same time, there's hardly any scale in KZ and BF4 obviously is superior in that respect.

    The point is, no, if you're just going to compare "looks", BF4 does "not" look better. it is technically better due to its scale but at face value, it does not look better. so you want to say that BF4 is technically better.
    They are both shooters and a graphical comparison can be drawn regardless of the size of the maps/environments. And "looks" are subjective, i do think bf4 pc maps with all settings turned on "look" prettier overall than killzone 4. on a purely technical level, it will of course be better. if we were only talking about ps4 and its games, then killzone 4 earns its position as best looking shooter because the bf4 console version suffers from cross gen problems and textures up close look a little muddy and it is sub-1080p.

  12. #62
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,479
    Rep Power
    190
    Points
    107,289 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by rene2kx View Post
    They are both shooters and a graphical comparison can be drawn regardless of the size of the maps/environments.
    yes, but it would be a pointless comparison. it's like trying to compare TLOU and GTA5.
    And "looks" are subjective, i do think bf4 pc maps with all settings turned on "look" prettier overall than killzone 4. on a purely technical level, it will of course be better.
    there's nothing subjective about which looks better. now what you prefer is what would be considered subjective. the difference is pretty stark.

    Let me try this with you for example, Killzone on PS Vita looks far better than BF4 on PC because looks are subjective.
    if we were only talking about ps4 and its games, then killzone 4 earns its position as best looking shooter because the bf4 console version suffers from cross gen problems and textures up close look a little muddy and it is sub-1080p.
    lol BF4 suffers this issue overall, it's not just the console versions. the fact that console versions won't be on par with the PC version is due to other reasons.

    To make it simple: BF4 on PC would look a lot better (compared to the PC version now) if it was exclusively made for the PC.
    BF4 on PS4 would look a lot better (compared to the PS4 version now) if it was exclusively made for the PS4.
    Rise and repeat with the Xbox 1 version.

    The cross-generation issue affects all versions. and then the console versions suffer more due to un-optimizations on top of that.

  13. #63
    Dedicated Member
    rene2kx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,103
    Rep Power
    29
    Points
    14,015 (0 Banked)
    ^lol this dude above is trying to tell me what looks better to my eyes. what I prefer for looks is what 'I think' looks better and of course that is subjective. Also, saying that killzone looks better is not fact, it is your opinion,one which everyone won't share. Get off your high horse. It's good that you are hyped up for killzone 4,but stop trying to convince me that it looks graphically better than bf4 PC version. I don't think it does. Don't bother with another lame response of trying to enforce your opinion on me lol. I hope you enjoy kill zone. Out with it.

  14. #64
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,479
    Rep Power
    190
    Points
    107,289 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by rene2kx View Post
    ^lol this dude above is trying to tell me what looks better to my eyes.
    No, I'm telling you that you're wrong. the difference is very easy to see. you prefer BF4's graphics, which is the subjective thing here.
    Also, saying that killzone looks better is not fact, it is your opinion,one which everyone won't share.
    Yup, just like KZ Vita is better than BF4 on PC. If you disagree then that's your opinion, one which everyone won't agree.
    Get off your high horse.
    Get off your rose-tinted glasses.
    It's good that you are hyped up for killzone 4
    lol assumption. I actually don't care for this game.
    but stop trying to convince me that it looks graphically better than bf4 PC version. I don't think it does.
    I'm not trying to convince you, I'm giving you general facts about both games...so far your claims are based on what you "think".
    Don't bother with another lame response of trying to enforce your opinion on me lol. I hope you enjoy kill zone. Out with it.
    lol.


    vs


    now scram kid.
    Last edited by Omar; 09-28-2013 at 00:23.

  15. #65
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,691
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    60,308 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Those screens are not entirely fair comparison.
    The BF3 shot is taken from $#@!ty artifact riddled youtube video whereas the killzone pic is actual screen grab from the game.

    Will find out on 1st October anyway, that swhen the closed beta for BF4 begins. I will post screen shots and so will everyone else thats in the beta.
    Last edited by keefy; 09-28-2013 at 00:38.

  16. #66
    Dedicated Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma
    PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Posts
    1,062
    Rep Power
    17
    Points
    12,958 (0 Banked)
    Finally we have games as beautiful as Crysis 3. The old generation if finally over.

  17. #67
    Friendship is Carrots
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    21
    Posts
    15,695
    Rep Power
    134
    Points
    80,263 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Sufi, the shot of BF3 is incredibly compressed and full of artifacts. That's a serious cheap shot.

    I play Battlefield 3 every so often and it definitely looks better than that KZ screenshot. BF3 at max on PC is superior, not just visually but also technologically. It's really no contest. To say BF4 is less 'next-gen' than Killzone: Shadow Fall is really silly when it's already been surpassed by the competitor's predecessor.

  18. #68
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,479
    Rep Power
    190
    Points
    107,289 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Sufi, the shot of BF3 is incredibly compressed and full of artifacts. That's a serious cheap shot.

    I play Battlefield 3 every so often and it definitely looks better than that KZ screenshot. BF3 at max on PC is superior, not just visually but also technologically. It's really no contest. To say BF4 is less 'next-gen' than Killzone: Shadow Fall is really silly when it's already been surpassed by the competitor's predecessor.
    yea i blew up the picture and noticed that it was messy looking. i didn't have a better picture to represent.

    but do you really believe that dude? BF3 being better-looking than KZ:SF? O_O

    i'd really love to see who else thinks this way. would be interesting to know.

  19. #69
    Friendship is Carrots
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    21
    Posts
    15,695
    Rep Power
    134
    Points
    80,263 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The multiplayer side definitely is, if that image above is any indication. The maps are much larger and there's way more happening both on screen and on the map. BF3 still blows me away at times because of how damn good it looks. There's so much detail you don't see with a screenshot. While Shadow Fall does look good, I can't say I'm yet convinced based on what I've seen. Maybe the single-players are about the same.

  20. #70
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,479
    Rep Power
    190
    Points
    107,289 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    The multiplayer side definitely is, if that image above is any indication. The maps are much larger and there's way more happening both on screen and on the map. BF3 still blows me away at times because of how damn good it looks. There's so much detail you don't see with a screenshot. While Shadow Fall does look good, I can't say I'm yet convinced based on what I've seen. Maybe the single-players are about the same.
    i know what you mean by details. BF3 is definitely the best shooter of this generation. and the fact that there's way more happening, isn't fair because that's what it does well, the scale and carnage but what it lacks are the level of details and post-processing effects.

    i still find it hard to believe that you feel BF3 is better looking. just look at the gun models...they're bland and that didn't get much better in BF4. the technique they use for the entire game is to hide the bland textures by the excessive use of contrast. in some ways i like that but in others, i don't.

    well, BF3 is out, you have it on your PC, maybe show us what it looks like on your PC?

    again, if you notice, i did say multiple times that both games are doing different things, from face value, KZ looks better but BF4 obviously is a better at technical achievement.

    i was not impressed by either games in the beginning but now i'm a little more impressed by them both, just KZ a little more than BF4. BF4 to me looks like a normal upgrade over BF3, not a generational upgrade...and makes sense, the engine is still not purely next-gen yet, it's a cross-gen game and is designed for current generation at core and then expanded.

    which is one reason i said it wasn't as next-gen. these are facts. not opinions.

  21. #71
    Friendship is Carrots
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    21
    Posts
    15,695
    Rep Power
    134
    Points
    80,263 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    That's an opinion, not a fact. It's really just conjecture.

    You think Killzone looks better; I don't. I think BF3 is already as good or more impressive, based on the screenshots and videos of Killzone that I've seen. I was impressed by the campaign video of Killzone they showed off back in February, but I know when I booted up BF3's multiplayer a while ago it left me in greater awe. There's more going on and it looks better. The screenshot of KZ above looks really flat, which is a usual trait of console games because they can't usually kick out the shaders and post-processing effects like the PC can, which really helps tie together the graphics as a whole.

  22. #72
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,479
    Rep Power
    190
    Points
    107,289 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    That's an opinion, not a fact. It's really just conjecture.

    You think Killzone looks better; I don't.
    You misunderstand. I said BF4 is not as next-gen and I gave you factual reasoning for it. As for the looks, I'm not going to argue because I don't know how to explain it other than saying that it is more detailed. I'm not talking about which game has more going on because I already said that BF4 does. What I'm talking about is pure looks, picture quality, level of details.

    You can't expect KZ to look like this and have a huge scale...not this early into the generation anyway. I'm sure many games will be able to achieve this level with a bigger scale later on.

    I think BF3 is already as good or more impressive, based on the screenshots and videos of Killzone that I've seen. I was impressed by the campaign video of Killzone they showed off back in February, but I know when I booted up BF3's multiplayer a while ago it left me in greater awe.
    Yeah, here's the thing, that SP video was $#@!ty. Go back and read my comments in those threads. The game looked $#@! back then. It's only recently when I started to see better quality here. There's just so much eye-candy there. So far, I haven't seen anything better that's going to be coming out at launch, which is why I asked if there was anything else.

    There's more going on and it looks better.
    BF3? lol alright man, i'm going to pull a soldier here and call it "agree to disagree".

    The screenshot of KZ above looks really flat, which is a usual trait of console games because they can't usually kick out the shaders and post-processing effects like the PC can, which really helps tie together the graphics as a whole.
    Watch the MP videos in motion. You are free to post something that looks better.

  23. #73
    Friendship is Carrots
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    21
    Posts
    15,695
    Rep Power
    134
    Points
    80,263 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    You keep making excuses for Killzone. Regardless, I'd like to see your professional analysis of the engines of both games and what exactly constitutes in your mind as 'next-gen'. Because these seem some superfluous definitions. It's also rather useless once you observe the situation for what matters.

    Frankly, I really don't care that you think Killzone looks better. I've seen the videos and I have to say it's not looking any better than what I've witnessed in Battlefield 3 on PC. We're comparing the graphics, and I think BF3 (and thus also BF4) looks better. You don't. That's all there is to it. There's no facts about it, only opinion. Maybe if you played BF3 yourself on PC you'd change your mind, but maybe not. It doesn't matter.

  24. #74
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,479
    Rep Power
    190
    Points
    107,289 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    You keep making excuses for Killzone. Regardless, I'd like to see your professional analysis of the engines of both games and what exactly constitutes in your mind as 'next-gen'. Because these seem some superfluous definitions. It's also rather useless once you observe the situation for what matters.
    my professional analysis? lol. how is that possible? I'm not a programmer. other than the basics i've already mentioned, i don't know why the game looks better.

    so what does matter? scale? size? sure to people that like that, that's never been my point. I never said that KZ is a better "game" than BF4. I didn't say that having 64 players wasn't better. I'm simply saying that BF4 is not better-looking than KZ at face value and i've given basic reasons why. lighting, shadows, motion-blur, level of detail (textures), character models, gun models, shader effects.

    EDIT: The same way I think GTA5 is probably the best-looking game of this generation but I'm not going to deny that ND games look better than GTA5 at face value. The textures aren't as detailed etc. but I call that a close match. BF4 on the other hand, is more difficult to come to a conclusion for because while it's beautiful as a whole, if you look at the gun details, character details, and details up-close, they do not match that of KZ's.



    Watch this video from the 40 second mark. If you can show me a video where BF3 or BF4 looks that good up close then I will agree with you. Again, the draw distance in BF games are beautiful but up close the details aren't that good...there's no possible way for BF3 or BF4 to achieve this at such a large scale. they do this by hiding the bland textures through its lighting system.

    Frankly, I really don't care that you think Killzone looks better. I've seen the videos and I have to say it's not looking any better than what I've witnessed in Battlefield 3 on PC. We're comparing the graphics, and I think BF3 (and thus also BF4) looks better. You don't. That's all there is to it. There's no facts about it, only opinion. Maybe if you played BF3 yourself on PC you'd change your mind, but maybe not. It doesn't matter.
    I never said that was a fact, I'm just surprised that you don't see it the way I do. What I said to be fact was that BF4 is not as next-gen as KZ.

    Yes I haven't played BF3 or BF4 on PC but that doesn't mean that I can't tell how good it looks. I haven't played KZ either so the playing field is leveled. I don't get your point. It's possible to compare the level of details/textures of two games by proper screenshots.

    As far as motion, it's not difficult to judge from videos we've seen so far.
    Last edited by Omar; 09-28-2013 at 03:13.

  25. #75
    Friendship is Carrots
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    21
    Posts
    15,695
    Rep Power
    134
    Points
    80,263 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    You're still making excuses. :T

    I've seen that video already. I easily think Battlefield 3 looks better, and I think you'd agree if you saw it yourself in person. You talk about things like cover-up lighting and textures, but Killzone is just as bad or worse in those regards. Battlefield 3 is bigger and (imo) more visually impressive. As far as I'm concerned it's entirely two different playing fields. I don't care if you disagree. All I'm here to do it tell you that 1) That initial screen comparison was totally unfair. And 2) Your opinions do not equate facts at all. That's all there is to it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.