Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 4
    Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    You're still making excuses. :T

I've seen that video already. I easily think Battlefield 3 looks better, and I think you'd agree if you saw it yourself in person. You talk about things like cover-up lighting and textures, but Killzone is just as bad or worse in those regards. Battlefield 3 is bigger and (imo) more visually impressive. As far as I'm concerned it's entirely two different playing fields. I don't care if you disagree. All I'm here to do it tell you that 1) That initial screen comparison was totally unfair. And 2) Your opinions do not equate facts at all. That's all there is to it.
    lol sir i didn't say it was a fact and i did admit that it was unfair but it's difficult to find a better picture. i did find one but i wasn't sure if it was direct feed or not.

those are not excuses btw. those are reasons. no i highly doubt i'm going to agree that BF3 looks better than KZ:SF. we'll see what the reviewers' opinions are about KZ and BF4.

Friendship is Carrots
    No offense, Sufi, but it looks like you've misread/misinterpreted literally everything I've said. I was stating that Killzone looking better isn't a fact. I was stating that you thinking Killzone is more 'next-gen' than BF4 was conjecture. I was sating that your differentiation of what qualifies within this argument as visuals and graphics was you making excuses. You've connected what I've said with other subject pieces within the conversation, so of course it's not going to make sense.

I find Battlefield 3 more impressive because its shaders, post-processing effects, and lighting are better. Combined with the large scope, and it really works to pull you in. I don't find the visuals for Killzone to look better on a technical level, or more engrossing on a subjective level. Sorry. If you disagree, then OK. That's fine.

Forum Overseer
    No offense, Sufi, but it looks like you've misread/misinterpreted literally everything I've said. I was stating that Killzone looking better isn't a fact. I was stating that you thinking Killzone is more 'next-gen' than BF4 was conjecture. I was sating that your differentiation of what qualifies within this argument as visuals and graphics was you making excuses. You've connected what I've said with other subject pieces within the conversation, so of course it's not going to make sense.

I find Battlefield 3 more impressive because its shaders, post-processing effects, and lighting are better. Combined with the large scope, and it really works to pull you in. I don't find the visuals for Killzone to look better on a technical level, or more engrossing on a subjective level. Sorry. If you disagree, then OK. That's fine.
    BF4's engine isn't next-gen. it's built upon Frostbite 2 and still supports current gen tech.

don't think I'm making sense? try this...this is why I love Kojima, he comes out with it straight up:

Ground Zeroes 'might look a little behind' other next-gen games

look at his reasoning:

Hideo Kojima has warned that Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes "might look a little behind" other games designed exclusively for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One because of the limitations of Fox Engine.
    "Fox Engine was created with the current generation in mind," Kojima told Eurogamerduring TGS. "Maybe with other games that are being created exclusively for next-gen it might look a little behind.
    i was severely disappointed by MGS5 and then i realized that it was made through a cross-gen engine.

now, in no way i'm saying that just because the engine is cross-gen that it can't possibly be better than a next-gen game but more than likely it is possible for this to happen and especially when a game is utilizing ONE console's power.

so i'm not saying that this is the reason without looking at the game because i am looking at the game and i'm still going to get it while not get KZ.

i just don't think it looks that good. it's good enough as a filler until we have a better battlefield-like game or its sequel but you will see that the next BF is going to get a huge bump, given that they ditch current consoles and build a new engine (preferrably) or at least modify their engine to reflect that change (not preferrable but better than now), so that they are not limited from the foundation.

Friendship is Carrots
    This is why I asked you for professional knowledge and experience on the subjects of the games' engines. You don't have that. You don't know the details and context of any of this. You're just making an open statement based purely on an entirely arbitrary definition here. Which, again, I must point out is worthless anyway. For example, let's state that you're correct; Killzone is more 'next-gen' than Battlefield 4. What has this accomplished or changed? Nothing. You examine things at face value for what they are.

Forum Overseer
    This is why I asked you for professional knowledge and experience on the subjects of the games' engines. You don't have that. You don't know the details and context of any of this. You're just making an open statement based purely on an entirely arbitrary definition here. Which, again, I must point out is worthless anyway. For example, let's state that you're correct; Killzone is more 'next-gen' than Battlefield 4. What has this accomplished or changed? Nothing. You examine things at face value for what they are.
    Yes, you can have a $#@!ty game that claims to be next-gen even if the engine is made for next-gen consoles. That is why I'm looking at the games to judge and I'm not seeing enough eye-candy. I'm not seeing the wow factor. i was one of the only ones to critique the BF4 SP graphics, ON PC. before I saw KZ.

also i critiqued MGS5 before I knew that it didn't boast a pure next-gen engine.

I'm seeing these issues before i realized about the engines and yes, with these engines, they can never achieve the level that next-gen engines should be able to achieve. that is a fact.

EA will eventually need to heavily upgrade Frostbite and they might even eventually create a completely new engine, we don't know that but i know they will eventually cut off support for PS3 and 360. Once they face competition (which they don't because BF gameplay is a monopoly at the moment), they will ditch it and upgrade their engine.

factually fox engine will need to cut support and frostbite as well, in order to eventually compete with games in the coming years. that is because they're not truly next-gen engines thus the games aren't truly next-gen...even though they look good. i'm not saying that because the engines aren't purely next-gen that the games don't look good. just that i don't think they're all that.

MGS5 for next-gen actually looks very decent, might actually be the best in its class at the moment but it's not the best-looking game and that's likely due to its engine's limitation. in fact, kojima states that it "is" the reason.

Dedicated Member
    Cant Wait!!!!!!!!!!!!11

PSN = GgT-Wolves-FC

Thread Information