Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Asset Manager
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Items Lightning
    Just to point out I have nothing against Sony. E3 wowed me more but I suppose these different events all serve a different purpose. What I enjoyed, someone else might not of and vice versa. Life is great like that.

2. Likes RedOrb_Collector likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by avecha View Post
    Just to point out I have nothing against Sony. E3 wowed me more but I suppose these different events all serve a different purpose. What I enjoyed, someone else might not of and vice versa. Life is great like that.
    Lol...

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Libra-75
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkNemesis View Post
    Tell that to the people who are preordering the PS4 making it stay in the top 10 on amazon and other retailers. This is better then he ps1, ps2 and ps3 line up by far and TGS has not even happened.
    So you think it's the indie games that sell alot of units? I would guess they play a really small part in how many units will be sold. But that's just my view on it all. I might be wrong.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Gamescom just isn't your thing which is perfectly fine. GamesCom isn't actually about surprise announcment or anything like that. It's mainly about supporting the already announced titles or whatever else that was announced before. It's certainly not an event like E3.

As for indie developers, you should try to be more interested in them, they are what creates the building blocks for gaming, as they are very very crucial in the gaming community. I believe (for example), Silent hill was first made by an indie dev/basement devs and from there it grew. But one of the best experience I've honestly had in gaming was in the PS1. There were so many games and so many indie devs that created games for that system.

Another example is on the PC. Counter-Strike was technically a mod made for half life which now ended up being very popular and still holds it's name.

6. Likes avecha likes this post

OH my god, people got the message what message that they are releasing a new console that i already know... we are the ones u have to be pleased we are the ones u are geting the PS4 so please us SONY show us the games

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Quote Originally Posted by VTEG_PT View Post
    OH my god, people got the message what message that they are releasing a new console that i already know... we are the ones u have to be pleased we are the ones u are geting the PS4 so please us SONY show us the games
    Sony has been showing us the games since day 1

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Asset Manager
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Items Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    Gamescom just isn't your thing which is perfectly fine. GamesCom isn't actually about surprise announcment or anything like that. It's mainly about supporting the already announced titles or whatever else that was announced before. It's certainly not an event like E3.

As for indie developers, you should try to be more interested in them, they are what creates the building blocks for gaming, as they are very very crucial in the gaming community. I believe (for example), Silent hill was first made by an indie dev/basement devs and from there it grew. But one of the best experience I've honestly had in gaming was in the PS1. There were so many games and so many indie devs that created games for that system.

Another example is on the PC. Counter-Strike was technically a mod made for half life which now ended up being very popular and still holds it's name.
    Wow, never knew that about Silent Hill. I grew up with that game. Was and always will be one of my favourite series.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Libra-75 View Post
    So you think it's the indie games that sell alot of units? I would guess they play a really small part in how many units will be sold. But that's just my view on it all. I might be wrong.
    No, it's indie games that deliver us great new developers that could someday get funded enough to deliver AAA games. If you can support all, why don't?

Please, stop $#@!ing? I really suspect you being a troll now...

Soldier 95B
    Ok people it as to be the most bored i ever got in a games conference
    is Sony joking...or they want to help Microsoft, no new blockbuster titles no Naughty Dog Santa Monica etc WTF
    Indies Indies Indies .
    Both were boring as hell. Sony didn't hand anything to MS. MS was even more boring. They didn't have a show.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Wow, never knew that about Silent Hill. I grew up with that game. Was and always will be one of my favourite series.
    Well, actually I may be wrong on the indie developer part now that I've read the wiki. Funny thing is I read it in an old issue of Game Informer and they stated it was a group of basement devs, yet the wiki article is different. hmmmmm

however, my point still stands because games like CS, the first battlefield game or project reality. I read somewhere that after the first battlefield was made, quite a few in the group were canned. anyway, I'm rambling on but point stands. You should try and explore the indie dev games out there, give them a chance and watch how inspiration starts.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    i actually liked it...at first i rolled my eyes at the indie thing (not because i think it was insignificant, i thought they were taking a wrong direction) however, im actually VERY interested in some of those indie titles, namely;

Everybody's gone to Rapture
    playtroom
    Rime

also, really liked the simplistic UI (look at sig avy )
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Libra-75
    Quote Originally Posted by Flumbooze View Post
    No, it's indie games that deliver us great new developers that could someday get funded enough to deliver AAA games. If you can support all, why don't?
    I was just talking about indie games selling a lot of units or not. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against indie games in general, I just thought it was too much focus on them at the sony conference. To me it feels more logical to focus on stuff that shows what the PS4 can do now on these big events. I don't say they should skip showing indie games, just show a little less of them and spend more time on AAA-titles, showing the UI and stuff like that. Again, that's just my personal opinion.

Forum Guru
    Look at indie like Dear Esther. Went from half life mod and now becoming first party title with that Rapture game.

Plant the seed..

Forum Guru
    They already did (Second Son, Killzone, Ass Creed IV, etc). Why are you being a drama queen about it?

OH MY GOD SONY DIDNT HAVE GAMES AT GAMESCOM SONY IZ DOOOOOMMMZZZ!!!

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    truth be told, KZ:SF, Drive club, Destiny, The Order, all those Tripple A games will get MASSIVE coverage for a single leaked screen or concept art.

i see what Sony are trying to do, its to get people interested in these games, that aren't mainstream, that we can buy during the interim of big Tripple A titles.

i hope its something that resonates with people. the industry can't sustain itself using current business models. this 'spreading of love' is an attempt to draw in some casual's, and the soft/hardcore crowd in.

we all know from journey just how good some of these games can be if given the chance

im VERY excited for these titles! more so then i am for KZ:SF
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

18. Likes Demi_God , FireSol , Ghost likes this post
    Ancient
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    They gave me info I needed to know about now, not in 2 years time
    Yes they could have shown U4 but we all know that it would be just a trailer for over a year or more.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 4

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Thread Information