Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 54
  1. #1
    Elite Guru
    Hedrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,049
    Rep Power
    81
    Points
    2,114 (0 Banked)

    Edge: Sony trumps Microsoft again with a confident comprehensive showcase at ...

    After a series of turnarounds and with FIFA and Call Of Duty in its corner, following Microsoft was a more difficult task for Sony at Gamescom than at E3. All PlayStation had to do was turn up and collect the spoils back in June, but here, with significantly revised competition and the temperature rising ever higher as we lead into launch, it felt like Sony needed to remind us exactly why it has gathered so much goodwill with its new console.

    It succeeded, with what seemed like an unending list of new indie games, some promising new partnerships, a neat demo of Vita’s Remote Play capabilities, price cuts for Vita and PS3, and a PS4 release date. It even found time for a dig at Microsoft’s string of reversals and compromises. By the conclusion of Sony’s comprehensive press showcase, the crowd almost seemed weary from the need to applaud each and every new announcement.

    ...

    By this point Sony was tossing out major announcements for fun – Minecraft will be a PS4 launch game; PS3’s 12GB model will now cost €199 / $199; players that have bought a cross-gen PS3 game will be able to download the PS4 version for a reduced price when they upgrade.

    Then the real crowd-pleasers. Faced by a deluge of announcements, crowd applause had grown a little weary so an obvious dig at Microsoft added some spice to the finale: “Where others have shifted their message and changed their story, we were consistent,” said Andrew House, confirming that PS4 would be launched in 32 countries in total. In America, PS4 will be launched on November 15, with Europe to follow on November 29.

    Microsoft might have touted the industry’s two biggest series alongside its console at Gamescom earlier today, but that offering was, once again, trumped by the sheer volume and integrity of Sony’s announcements. PS4 remains the frontrunner in the next-gen race, a console that boasts the more creative and interesting approach to next gen play, a truly coherent featureset and – throughout it all – vitally, a lower price.
    Thought both had good showings tbh. Even tho ms didn't stream. They seem to have made the right noises this time around.

    http://www.edge-online.com/news/sony...h-playstation/
    Last edited by Hedrush; 08-21-2013 at 12:16.

    "Its better to keep your mouth shut and let everybody think you are an idiot. Than it is to open it and remove all doubt!!"

  2. #2
    Superior Member
    Peregrin8X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    orange county
    Posts
    529
    Rep Power
    17
    Points
    11,245 (0 Banked)
    lol yeah what else is new

    it's been this way from the beginning

  3. #3
    Veteran
    UkHardcore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Age
    34
    Posts
    4,156
    Rep Power
    65
    Points
    4,804 (0 Banked)
    Odd most people thought the Sony show was poor.
    Forza 5, Fifa 14, Battlefield 4 & Watchdogs - The Perfect Launch Line Up!

  4. #4
    Dedicated Member
    Demi_God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Icy hot of the north
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Posts
    1,426
    Rep Power
    16
    Points
    7,913 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    After rewatching it, I didn't find it disappointing at all since it's GamesCom.

  5. #5
    Forum Sage
    sainraja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,154
    Rep Power
    97
    Points
    25,733 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by emmerich View Post
    Edge have always been slightly biased in favor of Sony so this article doesn't surprise me in that respect.

    I wouldn't say Sony trumped Microsoft. I'd actually say both were disappointing at Gamescom minus a couple things.

    I liked seeing the UI for PS4 and the release date while expected was nice.

    All in all, still can't wait to get my hands on a PS4 and an Xbox One.
    Why are they biased towards Sony?

  6. #6
    Elite Guru
    EHY893's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,542
    Rep Power
    67
    Points
    26,088 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    Why are they biased towards Sony?
    http://pixelenemy.com/edge-says-hell...its-ps4-issue/

    Even when I purchased a Digital Issue the reviews on my phone of this magazine were "Avoid. Sony Sony Sony. Sony can't do no wrong with Edge in comparison with Microsoft".

  7. #7
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    Why are they biased towards Sony?
    I guess these guys must be biased towards Sony too. lol http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...mescom-showing

  8. #8
    Elite Guru
    EHY893's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,542
    Rep Power
    67
    Points
    26,088 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    I guess these guys must be biased towards Sony too. lol http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...mescom-showing
    I take it you didn't read my previous post and are quick to defend.

  9. Likes Cuguy , Merchant likes this post
  10. #9
    PSU Live Streamer
    YoungMullah88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Charlotte
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Posts
    14,241
    Rep Power
    112
    Points
    31,234 (1,800 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by emmerich View Post
    I take it you didn't read my previous post and are quick to defend.
    Doesn't matter if one publication is biased towards them but when others have the same opinion of the event then I think bias has nothing to do with it

    Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

  11. #10
    Elite Guru
    EHY893's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,542
    Rep Power
    67
    Points
    26,088 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Doesn't matter if one publication is biased towards them but when others have the same opinion of the event then I think bias has nothing to do with it

    Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
    I was speaking about Edge solely.. other publications were only brought in to it to defend Edge..

  12. #11
    Master Poster
    RedOrb_Collector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    3,004
    Rep Power
    105
    Points
    14,099 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Edge historically has been much harder on PS3 stuff than 360.

    Just reminding you guys.

  13. #12
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by emmerich View Post
    I take it you didn't read my previous post and are quick to defend.
    Quick to defend? Youre the one crying bias just because you dont like what the article says. lol

  14. #13
    Elite Guru
    EHY893's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,542
    Rep Power
    67
    Points
    26,088 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Quick to defend? Youre the one crying bias just because you dont like what the article says. lol
    I couldn't care what the article says I'm only pointing out what I know.

    I don't favor any system over the other.

    Nice try.

  15. #14
    Master Poster
    RedOrb_Collector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    3,004
    Rep Power
    105
    Points
    14,099 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Regardless, $#@! Edge.

    Those guys just come across as try-hards attempting to sound elite.

  16. #15
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by emmerich View Post
    I couldn't care what the article says I'm only pointing out what I know. I don't favor any system over the other. Nice try.
    LMAO. You always say that but alot of your posts indicate otherwise.

  17. #16
    Apprentice
    Smokin Joker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    PSN ID
    SmoknJokr
    Age
    44
    Posts
    382
    Rep Power
    47
    Points
    2,638 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    LMAO. You always say that but alot of your posts indicate otherwise.
    What I was thinking too!!

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

    Thanks to Spyrde for the sig/avy


  18. #17
    Veteran
    daLa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,608
    Rep Power
    74
    Points
    56,397 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by UkHardcore View Post
    Odd most people thought the Sony show was poor.
    Not poor, boring but what did anybody truly expect? this isn't E3, all the major stuff had already been announced, they still did great though.


  19. Likes on the rocks, Mael Duin likes this post
  20. #18
    Elite Guru
    EHY893's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,542
    Rep Power
    67
    Points
    26,088 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Funny that cause I've never been a fan of a console. I always get both and have just as much time invested in either. Believe what you will and keep throwing baseless accusations.

  21. #19
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by emmerich View Post
    Funny that cause I've never been a fan of a console. I always get both and have just as much time invested in either. Believe what you will and keep throwing baseless accusations.
    As you already saw I'm not the only one in this thread who made that observation. And being a dual console owner doesn't absolve you from bias. We all have one console that we have more of a preference/bias towards. And you cry about accusations yet you were quick to jump on me to accuse me of "defending."

  22. #20
    Elite Guru
    EHY893's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,542
    Rep Power
    67
    Points
    26,088 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    As you already saw I'm not the only one in this thread who made that observation. And being a dual console owner doesn't absolve you from bias. We all have one console that we have more of a preference/bias towards.
    Like I said, believe what you will. I don't have a preference. I was a Sony gamer first and foremost since PS1 and hated the original Xbox. I wasn't even going to get an Xbox 360 but the wait for a PS3 became too much and I purchased one. Then I got a PS3 in April 2008 and have enjoyed both consoles equally. I do have a preference to Xbox Live as a service but not the Xbox 360. I have never preferred a company or console over the other though.

    Facts are nice aren't they?

  23. #21
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by emmerich View Post
    Like I said, believe what you will. I don't have a preference. I was a Sony gamer first and foremost since PS1 and hated the original Xbox. I wasn't even going to get an Xbox 360 but the wait for a PS3 became too much and I purchased one. Then I got a PS3 in April 2008 and have enjoyed both consoles equally. I do have a preference to Xbox Live as a service but not the Xbox 360. I have never preferred a company or console over the other though. Facts are nice aren't they?
    What facts? All I see is you denying what we both know to be true.

  24. #22
    Elite Guru
    EHY893's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,542
    Rep Power
    67
    Points
    26,088 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Whatever man, I'm done helping you derail this thread. You don't know me and you won't ever. Know this though, you're wrong.

  25. #23
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by emmerich View Post
    Whatever man, I'm done helping you derail this thread. You don't know me and you won't ever. Know this though, you're wrong.
    Yeah thats why Smokin Joker made the same observation. lol Anyway ok, I'm done too.

  26. #24
    PSU Live Streamer
    YoungMullah88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Charlotte
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Posts
    14,241
    Rep Power
    112
    Points
    31,234 (1,800 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Sorry Crow but I don't think emmerich is biased towards any console, he is definitely more level headed than the other supposedly dual console owners

    He is one of the honest ones on here that call it like it is and I respect him for that, unlike the spineless ones

    Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

  27. Likes EHY893 likes this post
  28. #25
    Elite Guru
    EHY893's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,542
    Rep Power
    67
    Points
    26,088 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Sorry Crow but I don't think emmerich is biased towards any console, he is definitely more level headed than the other supposedly dual console owners

    He is one of the honest ones on here that call it like it is and I respect him for that, unlike the spineless ones

    Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
    Thanks man, appreciate someone who notices. I don't see the point in favoring a single brand over another although I do understand people do and its really up to them. I just don't get it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.