Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim

The Order 1886 New gorgeous concept art

Damn, it they can get the detail density like these shots than many eyegasms will be had

2. Likes Christopher , KungMartin90 , daLa likes this post
    Apprentice
    Items Scarlett JohanssonGuerrilla GamesDice
    Looking good, hopefully gameplay will live up to this

Veteran
    First picture looks pretty damn sweet.

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    This game looks great. Can't wait to see some more of it.

Elite Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    If the game is going to be anything like in the concept art, then we will have one hell of a game.
    Man who chase after bus get exhausted, man who run in front of bus get tired
    Man who masturbates in class has firm grip of subject at hand
    Woman who sink in man's arms soon have arms in man's sink

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Looks pretty

Veteran
    So really this game is at the concept art stage? I honestly thought we'd see this game next spring ie; The first big PS4 title after release.
    Forza 5, Fifa 14, Battlefield 4 & Watchdogs - The Perfect Launch Line Up!

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    AsuraOkami
    The more i see of this game, the more i am liking it.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    I've been totally INLOVE with this game since I saw the trailer at E3, and the more I see of it, the more I get wet for it. It's such a tease.

Cannot wait ._.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by AsuraOkami View Post
    The more i see of this game, the more i am liking it.
    Same here, it's just like Infamous which I wasn't really looking forward to but after watching the gameplay yesterday at Gamescom I'm hooked.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by UkHardcore View Post
    So really this game is at the concept art stage? I honestly thought we'd see this game next spring ie; The first big PS4 title after release.
    How do you know its just concept art stage? Furthermore concept art is made throughout the game dev process and not just pre-production. Hopefully we see it soon

Superior Member
    Oh man that artwork is sick. I love that styling. I have reservations that the real graphics will even come close to that amount of detail yet with these next gen consoles but I would be happy to be proven wrong.
    "Bigfoot is blurry, that is the problem...it is not the photographers fault...Bigfoot is blurry and that is extra scary to me because there is an extra large out-of-focus creature roaming the countryside....Run he's fuzzy, get out of here" ~ Mitch Hedburg, RIP you crazy fool

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    How do you know its just concept art stage? Furthermore concept art is made throughout the game dev process and not just pre-production. Hopefully we see it soon
    And I think it's just recently been released on the net, it's probably old though.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by UkHardcore View Post
    It'll be out next year, PS3 days will soon be behind us.

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    I want to see gameplay already. I want to see if this is a mix of GTA exploration and Wolfenstein.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Quote Originally Posted by Foraeli View Post
    I want to see gameplay already. I want to see if this is a mix of GTA exploration and Wolfenstein.
    Really? Get out of here.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    That last concept is awesome, really hope it can live up to that! If the game can have that many characters in the environments. populated with that and large variety in the AI behavior and type of NPCs including horse drawn carriages. I want to see deforming environments too with the muddy roads and rain.

I really want this game to succeed in making me feel in that world. I want to play this in a dark room on a big TV with surround sound with rain pouring down the streets of alternative Victorian London, and I want to be absorbed!

In case you can't tell I am excited.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

19. Likes Itachi , KungMartin90 , PS4THEWIN likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    That last concept is awesome, really hope it can live up to that! If the game can have that many characters in the environments. populated with that and large variety in the AI behavior and type of NPCs including horse drawn carriages. I want to see deforming environments too with the muddy roads and rain.

I really want this game to succeed in making me feel in that world. I want to play this in a dark room on a big TV with surround sound with rain pouring down the streets of alternative Victorian London, and I want to be absorbed!

We're all on the same boat (y)

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042

Assassin's creed games already have that many characters onscreen (though MUCH lower detail textures and geometry) so I'm crossing my fingers

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Assassin's creed games already have that many characters onscreen (though MUCH lower detail textures and geometry) so I'm crossing my fingers
    Yea, Assassin's Creed IV (I'd say Watch Dogs looks better) is nowhere near The Order 1886 level of detail. Like, nowhere near.

But yea, if The Order 1886 engine pulls of that many characters on screen with the level of detail that the trailer had, I'll never be able to play other games again (because i'll be so spoiled).

._.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    This morning El33tonline was lucky enough to attend a gamescom session for Ready at Dawn’s upcoming PS4 exclusive The Order: 1886. The session was hosted by the studio’s CEO and Creative Director, Ru Weerasuriya, who previously directed the smash hit God of War: Chains of Olympus for PSP.

Ru spent most of the session talking about how The Order: 1886 uses a revolutionary physics system which allows individual objects and its constituent materials to be realistically broken up or deformed ad infinitum. During his presentation the audience was treated to two live prototype gameplay demonstrations (running on a PC with PS4-approximate specs) showing these features in action, and also demonstrating how objects in the environment such as flags are affected by the physical forces associated with a particular environment (in this case wind). Each of the three flags we saw in the second demo fluttered independently of each other, seemingly affected by their position in relation to the wind.

Whereas most games don’t feature deforming materials, Ready at Dawn is determined to create a true next-gen experience by allowing players to interact with the game’s environments in unprecedented ways using the various weapons you’ll be able to equip over the course of your adventure. During the first demo we saw how throwing a grenade into a wooden box blows it into tiny splinters. If you throw another grenade into the newly formed mass of splinters then the resulting explosion will blow them into even smaller fragments. The effect really is astonishingly realistic!

In the second demo Ru demonstrated how objects in The Order: 1886 will deform according to what material they’re made out of. For example, a bronze bucket or metallic wall will visibly dent when shot, while a teddy bear (dumped onto the level for the purpose of this demo) will break up into separate pieces when the same treatment is handed out. Obviously, the type of gun and ammunition being used will also influence how materials in the game react based on the real-world laws of physics which govern them.

Based on what we saw in the two live gameplay demonstrations, The Order: 1886 will be a cover-based shooter with an over-the-shoulder camera perspective in the style of Resident Evil 4 or Gears of War.

The game will be released exclusively for PS4 sometime during 2014.
    http://www.el33tonline.com/post/2013...gamescom-2013/
    running on PC means that it might be a ways off from releasing
    but seems they are taking their time to give us a true next gen game
    Last edited by Itachi; 08-22-2013 at 03:25.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    I don't think that the fact that it's running on PC means it's far from releasing. It just means they probably didn't feel like it was necessary to play it on a PS4 (since it's behind closed doors and all), if they're anyway developing it on a PC.

PS4 is basically a PC (as far as hardware goes), so making it playable on a PS4 is probably the last thing they'll do (and it'll probably require as much effort as snapping your finger, if i understood the ease of development for PS4 properly). So I don't think there's any need to worry about a late release.

I have high hopes for a Q2 or latest Q3 release in 2014.

Also that article made me really horny. Is that weird?

Elite Member

PSN ID
    Key2001
    Current planned for a 2014 release according to Sony.

Today, we saw the game running in a couple of interesting tech demos – we’ll have more information from that behind-closed-doors session in a little while – but one interesting tidbit was reiterated during that session, a piece of information briefly noted during Sony’s Gamescom press conference.

That piece of information is that The Order: 1886 is slated for release in 2014, clearing up some confusion about just how far out the game actually is. Indeed, Ru Weerasuriya, Ready at Dawn’s founder and CEO, as well as the writer of The Order: 1886, stated that the game is “still a year or so off” during our behind-closed-doors session, indicating that we may be playing the game as soon as late summer next year, sooner than most people expected.
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/...launch-in-2014

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCkC6....be&t=1h12m55s
    PSN ID:Key2001 3DS FC:1521-2714-7908 Steam ID:jkey2001

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    Yea, Assassin's Creed IV (I'd say Watch Dogs looks better) is nowhere near The Order 1886 level of detail. Like, nowhere near.

But yea, if The Order 1886 engine pulls of that many characters on screen with the level of detail that the trailer had, I'll never be able to play other games again (because i'll be so spoiled).

._.
    Oh of course it will be superior to AC IV that game is cross-gen and multiplatform, whereas The Order is 1st/2nd Party and exclusive to the PS4 with no concessions having to be made for lesser consoles.

As Cerny himself said, the PS4's architecture is basically a supercharged PC. Games can be developed easily on a PC environment and easy ported over to the PS4 devkit. I am expecting development times for games this generation to be considerably shorter, especially as technology gets better and so do the teams working with it.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    As Cerny himself said, the PS4's architecture is basically a supercharged PC. Games can be developed easily on a PC environment and easy ported over to the PS4 devkit. I am expecting development times for games this generation to be considerably shorter, especially as technology gets better and so do the teams working with it.
    Now that I think of it, I think the actual PC that they used to showcase The Order 1886 has more powerful and way more expensive stuff in it, because it basically equals to the amount of power PS4 can output thanks to it being optimized hardware with unique bandwith capability.

Thread Information