Latest PSU headlines:

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 7
Results 151 to 171 of 171
  1. #151
    PSU Technical Advisor
    Vulgotha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    23
    Posts
    15,948
    Rep Power
    143
    Points
    105,482 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Did you post on Neogaf Mynd? Someone quoted you. Your analysis is making waves and getting responses:

    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...=663741&page=4


    Some specific replies:

    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=168

    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=167

    ^ Dude was kind of a douche.

    To all Neogaffers hitting this thread:

    Mynd is an indie developer and a professional, but he is not presently involved (feel free to step in here Mynd and correct me) in next gen development.

    He is also a gentleman and a scholar.

    And next time, please quote Mynd. He's one of our resident forum celebrities.
    Last edited by Vulgotha; 08-28-2013 at 22:03.


  2. Likes Admartian , Cuguy likes this post
  3. #152
    Dedicated Member
    Gantz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Posts
    1,143
    Rep Power
    56
    Points
    4,479 (2,400 Banked)
    Are you senjutsu sage?

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

    Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

  4. #153
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,290
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    153,515 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Did you post on Neogaf Mynd? Someone quoted you. Your analysis is making waves and getting responses:

    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...=663741&page=4


    Some specific replies:

    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=168

    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=167

    ^ Dude was kind of a douche.

    To all Neogaffers hitting this thread:

    Mynd is an indie developer and a professional, but he is not presently involved (feel free to step in here Mynd and correct me) in next gen development.

    He is also a gentleman and a scholar.

    And next time, please quote Mynd. He's one of our resident forum celebrities.
    LOL, I barley have time to hit these forums yet alone any others.
    I should go have a read I guess lol.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

  5. #154
    PSU Technical Advisor
    Vulgotha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    23
    Posts
    15,948
    Rep Power
    143
    Points
    105,482 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=177

    In general the responses are the following categories:

    "Lul what are these numbers"

    "Hmm this is a good break down"

    "This guy is wrong and here's why"


  6. #155
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,290
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    153,515 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=177

    In general the responses are the following categories:

    "Lul what are these numbers"

    "Hmm this is a good break down"

    "This guy is wrong and here's why"
    Not sure what they would have issues with the numbers. They are all well known now.

    The 768 ops criticism is justified, its a lot more complex in real life than I explained. Because of the parallelism , in real life you really looking at this over more than simply one clock tick. I did say it was a bad analogy. Running shaders are still a serial thing, you have to calculate you vertex shaders info before you can pass it on to the pixel shader, which is reliant on the vertex shader info (even if it just screen space xyz and u.v. pass through). The whole process is going to take more than one clock tick to complete. But averaged out, its about as close as I could come up with in that analogy. I do get the feeling some on there seem to forget that these pipelines are still working on parallel data sets. We aren't simply talking "op/s" we are talking about a rather large data set of info that has to pass though the shaders, most games would pass though x,y,z,diffuse, tangent data, multiple uv data, all of this has to be swallowed, and these run though the pipeline in sets of two. You cant simply make it "go faster" by adding more ops, if you don't need those op's in whatever code your executing (a simple matrix multiplication for example).
    Last edited by mynd; 08-28-2013 at 22:43.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

  7. #156
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,838
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    37,583 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Didn't know Gaffers read this place.

    I always thought they all had a sense of superiority in the industry as fans....

    #IndieStation4 and proud of it.

  8. #157
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Didn't know Gaffers read this place.

    I always thought they all had a sense of superiority in the industry as fans....
    I read this place and I am a gaffer. We all be da same.

  9. #158
    Master Guru
    The Sith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    7,453
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    13,393 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Xbox One graphics capabilities, odd SoC architecture, and bus bandwidth confirmed by Microsoft
    http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/16...d-by-microsoft

    Don't know if this has been posted or discuss in this thread.

    uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

  10. #159
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    Xbox One graphics capabilities, odd SoC architecture, and bus bandwidth confirmed by Microsoft http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/16...d-by-microsoft Don't know if this has been posted or discuss in this thread.
    Already posted two threads below this one. Here http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...onfirmed-by-MS

  11. #160
    Superior Member
    Old Man Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    834
    Rep Power
    21
    Points
    7,477 (0 Banked)
    From what I am reading the One is a powerhouse and will compete on equal footing with the PS4. There will be pluses and minuses to both systems both they will be on par with each other.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

  12. #161
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,679
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    56,721 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    From what I am reading the One is a powerhouse and will compete on equal footing with the PS4. There will be pluses and minuses to both systems both they will be on par with each other.
    Yea, it looks like things will be similar to this gen. So far, both are very impressive.

  13. #162
    PSU Live Streamer
    YoungMullah88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Charlotte
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Posts
    14,227
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    30,783 (1,800 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    ....nope

    One of these consoles will struggle to keep up as this new generation starts to pick up

    Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by YoungMullah88; 08-29-2013 at 03:56.

  14. #163
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,290
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    153,515 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    ....nope

    One of these consoles will struggle to keep up as this new generation starts to pick up

    Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
    But who owns a Wii U anyway <s$#@!>
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

  15. Likes Yungstar 2006 likes this post
  16. #164
    PSU Live Streamer
    YoungMullah88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Charlotte
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Posts
    14,227
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    30,783 (1,800 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    But who owns a Wii U anyway <s$#@!>
    Lol speaking of next Gen not current

    Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

  17. #165
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    7,978
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    42,328 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Lol speaking of next Gen not current

    Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History..._generation%29

  18. #166
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,838
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    37,583 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    But who owns a Wii U anyway <s$#@!>
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Lol speaking of next Gen not current

    Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
    Ouch.


    No I don't see any console struggling. Sales (if you care about that) will be similar to this gen. It'll just start differently.

    #IndieStation4 and proud of it.

  19. #167
    Forum Elder
    chrisw26308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,617
    Rep Power
    72
    Points
    13,219 (0 Banked)
    Great news for the gamers the way sony and ms are fighting to be #1

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  20. #168
    PSU Live Streamer
    YoungMullah88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Charlotte
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Posts
    14,227
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    30,783 (1,800 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Ouch.


    No I don't see any console struggling. Sales (if you care about that) will be similar to this gen. It'll just start differently.
    Hardware performance wise not sales... sales wise I truly believe Microsoft will once again lead in the US but not by much

    Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

  21. #169
    PSU Live Streamer
    YoungMullah88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Charlotte
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Posts
    14,227
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    30,783 (1,800 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    That's not how I see it

    Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

  22. #170
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    7,978
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    42,328 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    That's not how I see it

    Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
    As much as we would like to forget nintendo they have a habit of sticking around.

    I can only hope that the wii u does poorly compared to the wii so that nintendo puts out a proper console in the 9th generation.

  23. #171
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    From what I am reading the One is a powerhouse and will compete on equal footing with the PS4. There will be pluses and minuses to both systems both they will be on par with each other.
    Indeed, which has been confirmed by other developers as well. Tightest console race performance wise to date it seems like.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.