http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/21/us/geo...html?hpt=hp_t1

He slipped in, police say, behind someone else -- armed and ready to do battle with police from a school as hundreds of frightened children huddled in their classrooms.

Then suspect Michael Brandon Hill met Antoinette Tuff, a front office worker at Ronald E. McNair Discovery Learning Academy who told ABC News about deftly disarming Hill with a combination of prayer and simple human connection.

"He said that no one loved him, and I told him that I loved him and that it was going to be OK, that we were going to get out safely," she told the network Tuesday, hours after police had taken the 20-year-old suspect into custody following the afternoon incident outside of Atlanta.

True to Tuff's words, no one was injured, even though authorities say Hill fired several shots at approaching police, who then returned fire.
Michael Brandon Hill is charged with aggravated assault on a police officer, terroristic threats and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, police said.

Without providing any names, Michael Thurmond, superintendent of the DeKalb County School District, praised the staff at the Decatur, Georgia, school -- saying they had performed in an exemplary way in keeping students safe.

"It's a blessed day," he told reporters Tuesday.
I agree with what other people are saying: that woman is a hero. She risked her life to save those children.