Elite Member

Ubisoft Games turning into Movies

Ubisoft continues to stun gamers an media with announcing more game to movie adaptions while Sony announces there teaming up with ubisoft to make the feature film Watch Dogs but it doesn't stop there, there are also another 5 game to movies in the pipeline. don't forget Ubisoft's Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time movie in 2010 that was based on the same name as the game so this isn't the first time for Ubisoft.

•Assassin's Creed
    •Far Cry
    •Rabbits
    •Watch Dogs
    •Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
    •Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon

Watch Dogs
    Sony today (Gamescom) confirmed that Ubisoft Motion Pictures is teaming up with Sony Pictures Entertainment and New Regency for a feature film based on the highly anticipated Watch Dogs video game.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon
    Transformers director Michael Bay is developing a feature film version of Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon with an eye towards directing the screen adaptation of Ubisoft's third-person tactical shooter.

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
    Ubisoft and New Regency are teaming up for a movie adaptation of Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell starring Dark Knight Rises and Inception's Tom Hardy in the role of Sam Fisher. This official announcement follows rumors circulating earlier this year.

Assassin's Creed
    publisher Ubisoft announced today that it will release the Assassin’s Creed movie on May 22, 2015.

The company made the announcement at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) video game trade show today in Los Angeles. The film is being distributed through Fox and will star Michael Fassbender, a star of the film Prometheus. Fassbender is actually involved in the production and creation of the film through his production company DMC Film.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I remember the Splinter Cell movie news came out around the same time Splinter Cell 3 Chaos Theory did. The game even had a live action teaser trailer in the main menu that you could watch. I was so excited. Then, it never happened. Can't say I give a $#@! anymore.

I'm more excited about the Assassin's Creed movie, because it's actually happening.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    I guess this is what is keeping them afloat

But seriously, game to movie tie-in's have not worked
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Hitman wasn't total crap.

Elite Member
    Items BowserDoom
    I thought the Prince of Persia movie was good, I'd actually love to see a sequel; and most of these games could work as moview, so I'm looking forward to them, I hope they do it properly.
    Thou shall not question my lame sig
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Superior Member
    Items Final Fantasy IVAtlus
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeghtmare View Post
    I thought the Prince of Persia movie was good, I'd actually love to see a sequel; and most of these games could work as moview, so I'm looking forward to them, I hope they do it properly.
    I enjoyed the Prince Of Persia movie too. Gemma Arterton is hot.
    Playing - Tales of Xillia 2 and Atelier Escha & Logy.
    Awaiting - Xenoblade Chronicles X,Persona Q, Oreshika:Tainted Bloodlines, Ys
    Next, Tales of Zestiria, Tales Of Hearts R and Persona 5

Thread Information