Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Xbox One To Have A Similar Solution to huMA

Yesterday, we covered how the PlayStation 4, along with unified memory access, would use hUMA which would give it a leg-up in terms of performance. It was noted that because the Xbox One didn’t have hUMA, it would see lesser performance.

However, according to a confirmed Xbox One dev on Reddit- who cited an Ars Technica article which defined hUMA as a coherent cache system and that the “CPU and GPU will always see a consistent view of data in memory. If one processor makes a change then the other processor will see that changed data, even if the old value was being cached” – the Xbox One will feature something similar to hUMA.

On receiving his first alpha kit, he look at internal white papers that and confirmed that the Xbox One implements memory in exactly the same way. He also noted that he couldn’t find a source where AMD’s senior product marketing manager Marc Diana stated that the PS4 would have hUMA and the Xbox One wouldn’t.
    Considering that the technology powering both the Xbox One and PS4, at least in terms of CPU and GPU tech, is more or less the same, it would be odd if one sported such an essential feature and the other didn’t. What are your thoughts on the matter?

http://gamingbolt.com/xbox-one-to-ha...a-xbox-one-dev

Superior Member
    Great to hear. I was originally sold on the PS4 but with the changes that MS is making, they're starting to force me to rethink my original decision.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    ... so its more or less the same. Well, which is it?

Soldier 95B
    The small gap keeps getting smaller.

Dedicated Member
    Good for them. .now maybe xbox fans can accept the fact ps4 uses huMA considering xbox uses a similar solution ?

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    I will for now believe that higher-ups with other companies who now have to retract certain statements on such matters know what they allegedly were talking about and that someone who is sided with such parties demanding said retractions is just trying to play favorites (allegedly)

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by MGSfan View Post
    Good for them. .now maybe xbox fans can accept the fact ps4 uses huMA considering xbox uses a similar solution ?
    It sounds like PS4 has Huma, and Xbox One has a similar alternative. Kinda like Xbox One has Direct X 11.x, where the PS4 has a similar alternative. In the end, they will probably be the same.

8. Likes Saigon likes this post
    Superior Member
    Some here is treating this like politics. They feel a retraction is a confirmation. Makes those who believe look like fools.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    I'm confused. I actually remember someone around here saying XB1 had hUMA or some kind of UMA or whatnot. Whatever. lol
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    Some here is treating this like politics. They feel a retraction is a confirmation. Makes those who believe look like fools.

How so? With the advent that some rumors are true, some of us are willing to put money on some of them, rather than being overly skeptical of the sake of it just because it wasn't from the lions mouth.
    Last edited by D3seeker; 08-22-2013 at 21:19.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by MjW View Post
    I'm confused. I actually remember someone around here saying XB1 had hUMA or some kind of UMA or whatnot. Whatever. lol
    Mynd who else

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

13. Likes x_terna likes this post
    Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D3seeker View Post
    How so? With the advent that some rumors are true, some of us are willing to put money on some of them, rather than being overly skeptical of the sake of it just because it wasn't from the lions mouth.
    Because you're picking and choosing which ones to believe and which to dismiss out-of-hand because it doesn't fit your agenda. It was denied by AMD.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    Because you're picking and choosing which ones to believe and which to dismiss out-of-hand because it doesn't fit your agenda. It was denied by AMD.
    And yet here we have "something similar"................ I will feed my 'agenda' as I please since you call it that, Until otherwise stated in a manner that is more universally obvious (while having my fun with these tidbits and rumors rather than being old and cranky like a lot of these other salty people around these parts)

Besides it's rather obvious there is some PR BS going on at this point, so naturally I among others are more inclined to believe the initial rather than the pile of poo being spewed now.
    Last edited by D3seeker; 08-22-2013 at 22:56.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Both have HSA. I doubt neither has full HUMA.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D3seeker View Post
    And yet here we have "something similar"................ I will feed my 'agenda' as I please since you call it that, Until otherwise stated in a manner that is more universally obvious (while having my fun with these tidbits and rumors rather than being old and cranky like a lot of these other salty people around these parts)

Besides it's rather obvious there is some PR BS going on at this point, so naturally I among others are more inclined to believe the initial rather than the pile of poo being spewed now.
    So you're pretty much ruling out a mistake? I guess I can understand that. After all, we know that these execs NEVER make mistakes.

BTW, while you and your other partner in crime are "having my fun with these tidbits and rumors" as you put it, it's also being done to piss off other members of this community that favor the Xbox.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    ^
    This exec clearly made a mistake. Yapping their gums before their time. I wont rule out that the AMD guys MIGHT even be misinformed, but whatever. As I said, till something else is said I am drawing my temporary conclusion. I shouldn't have to sensor my words just because a few people will read way too much into my opinion.

CaptainZ
    At best its X1 has still 50 percent weaker GPU and slower ram with huma.

At worst its doesn't even have huma on top of all that.

Let's hope great features like TV, multimedia makes up for this gap.

Banned

Until somebody at Sony, Microsoft or AMD puts out a press release officially confirming ANY OF THIS HUMA or HUMA-like stuff....I call BS on ALL OF IT!!.

Elite Guru

MS Engineer

we have to invest a lot in coherency throughout the chip, so there's been io coherency for a while but we really wanted to get the software out of the mode of managing caches and put in hardware coherency for the first time on the mass scale in the living room on the gpu.
    "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"
    --Kaz Hirai, CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment

Soldier 95B
    It's looking like these consoles are going to be nearly identical when all is said and done. It will be coming down to the games yet again.

23. Likes Saigon likes this post
    Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    It's looking like these consoles are going to be nearly identical when all is said and done. It will be coming down to the games yet again.
    I believed that too from the very beginning. Last gen turned out pretty much the same even if the architectures were so different.

And even if one has the edge, who gives a damn, not many cared in the PS2/Xbox era. The price difference is way more significant than a couple of textures, as well as the overall experience, services, games etc.

Having said all that, the countless e-$#@! discussions those couple of textures will spark are priceless. lol

On the move with Tapatalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by MjW View Post
    Having said all that, the countless e-$#@! discussions those couple of textures will spark are priceless. lol
    True. But that seems to be what this community thrives on, in addition to great game discussion. In then end, we will all be playing our Forza's and Uncharted's and loving every second of it.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    True. But that seems to be what this community thrives on, in addition to great game discussion. In then end, we will all be playing our Forza's and Uncharted's and loving every second of it.
    I wouldn't say the community as a whole. I would say that it does make a difference to a select group of individuals who view their worth by having something that they perceive as being better than what others have.

CaptainZ
    More sites are coming out saying that many devs commented the power difference between two consoles.

The gap seems to be coming true whether people like it or not.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainZ View Post
    More sites are coming out saying that many devs commented the power difference between two consoles.

The gap seems to be coming true whether people like it or not.
    I say they need to start showing it because I haven't seen the difference yet.

Thread Information