Dedicated Member

BF4 - New Paracel Storm ingame footage - incredible!!!

I simply cannot wait for this, this looks fantastic, especially the new game mode. Granted its the PC version but hopefully the PS4 version wont be too dissimilar.

What do you guys think?!!

PSN = prison_inmate

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Yeah ... looks exactly like BF3 on my PC.

Atleast there's a bunch of new content.

Superior Member
    I'm digging the waves and wind. Looks just like BF3 on PC graphically. I hope the next gen consoles can get near 75% of what the PC is doing.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mudshark View Post
    I simply cannot wait for this, this looks fantastic, especially the new game mode. Granted its the PC version but hopefully the PS4 version wont be too dissimilar.

What do you guys think?!!
    Honestly 90% that Ill pass this one. 3.5 for full price not for me and also get tired from modern time shooters. need next-gen Warhawk

5. Likes Syphon_Filter, TidalPhoenix likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    This is a new mode. I guess there are 2 modes wrapped into one on this video. This game is going to be sweet.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I can some improvements over BF3.

HUD looks slightly less cluttered
    Killcam looks much less amateur. The BF3 killcam is pathetic. When I first saw it in the alpha i thought this has to be a place holder but nope 2 years later its still the same garbage.
    Looks like they go rid of suppression.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousBOB View Post
    I'm digging the waves and wind. Looks just like BF3 on PC graphically. I hope the next gen consoles can get near 75% of what the PC is doing.
    From what ive read it can do better than 75.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dedicated Member
    I cant believe the lack of love for this game on this forum, I am super hyped!
    PSN = prison_inmate

10. Likes Libra-75 likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    my friend its easy to explain why there is not so much love to this game. main thing is that its still the same game, some things fixed, tweaked or added, but its still the same game and not worth full price. also they add more and more hollywood style of effects, but havent enought guts to bring something new to game mechanics.

Banned

Well it is basically BF3.5 but I'll still get it. Love the franchise too much to pass it up.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    Quote Originally Posted by FireSol View Post
    Honestly 90% that Ill pass this one. 3.5 for full price not for me and also get tired from modern time shooters. need next-gen Warhawk
    I loved BF3 alot and I have pre-ordered BF4. But you are right 100% and I agree with you. We need a new Warhawk and I still Warhawk on my PS3.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Libra-75
    I'm hyped. Since I played BF3 on the PS3, this is going to be quite an improvement in every thinkable way. Bigger maps, more players, better looking visuals (hopefully), new game modes, and the list goes on. And I think a lot of people don't really see all the small (and big) improvements that's been made. Or, they might just be pissed COD players.

15. Likes mudshark likes this post
    Veteran
    I've been super hyped from day one but now that I've seen the minor new details it got me super excited. Can't wait to shut down the lights to my advantage, or try and lock someone inside a train wagon full of C4 to blow him up like it's the 4th of July. Also the weather changes like in the Paracel Storm map seem amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by FireSol View Post
    my friend its easy to explain why there is not so much love to this game. main thing is that its still the same game, some things fixed, tweaked or added, but its still the same game and not worth full price. also they add more and more hollywood style of effects, but havent enought guts to bring something new to game mechanics.
    I can tell you haven't been following BF4 that closely, it does feel an awful lot like BF3 that some could say it's more like BF 3.5 but there's plenty of good changes in there which you might be able to find about if you read their whole new blog posts (Battlefield official blog). Still plenty of significant improvements over COD which has been the same since game 1 and people still love that awful boring game.
    Last edited by daLa; 08-23-2013 at 14:52.

17. Likes mudshark likes this post
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    I just hope this one has corridor small infantry maps like ( Metro-Bazar) those two maps are very popular in BF3.

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Look what showed up in my Origin account

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdou23 View Post
    I just hope this one has corridor small infantry maps like ( Metro-Bazar) those two maps are very popular in BF3.
    Don't worry Operation Metro will be back on the 2nd DLC called Second Assault which will come out sometime Early 2014.

For those curious Second Assault will feature BF3 maps such as Operation Metro, Caspian Border, Operation Firestorm and Gulf Of Oman.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    Really?

Superior Member

I thought it looked great and can't wait. PC elite crowd can be disappointed but for those that play this on PS3...its a HUGE step up....and thats ALL THAT MATTERS.

As far as bringing old maps back.....HATE IT!!! How many servers we will have to swim through to get something other than OMAN...I know its gamers choice but its sooo boring. The small maps I have ALWAYS HATED.....but 60fps and the improved smoother animations I believe I could get to enjoy some smaller close quarter maps....on BF3 close quarter...it was just a big SWING AND MISS for me. I love all the new vehicles and can't wait for this game.

As always....just my opinion.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    Don't worry Operation Metro will be back on the 2nd DLC called Second Assault which will come out sometime Early 2014.

For those curious Second Assault will feature BF3 maps such as Operation Metro, Caspian Border, Operation Firestorm and Gulf Of Oman.
    Greate, but i was kinda joping they make some new maps similar to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flumbooze View Post
    Really?
    Yes, if you looked at the User Servers you will find that a lot of them are dedicated to those 2 maps.

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Veteran
    Greate, but i was kinda joping they make some new maps similar to it.
    There might be some, after all they've only revealed two maps.

Quote Originally Posted by davin_g View Post
    I thought it looked great and can't wait. PC elite crowd can be disappointed but for those that play this on PS3...its a HUGE step up....and thats ALL THAT MATTERS.

As far as bringing old maps back.....HATE IT!!! How many servers we will have to swim through to get something other than OMAN...I know its gamers choice but its sooo boring. The small maps I have ALWAYS HATED.....but 60fps and the improved smoother animations I believe I could get to enjoy some smaller close quarter maps....on BF3 close quarter...it was just a big SWING AND MISS for me. I love all the new vehicles and can't wait for this game.

As always....just my opinion.
    You can always use the filter and select every single map except the ones you don't like

Forum Overseer
    ok i know i PMS on this game from time to time but there are some things in there i'm liking.

1) big deal, they fixed the stupid kick every gun got...guns are much more stable now. which is nice because you can spray instead of just burst and $#@!. it was pretty pointless going over 10 bullets in BF3.

2) unless that was hardcore mode, the raised the damage up, seems even higher than hardcore mode in BF3, that's a plus.

both of these things put me off BF3 a lot because regular mode with a controller at long range was pointless and i love shooting long range, i just can't hit a target 10 times out of 30 bullets...that's ridiculous, it's a frigging controller. so i'd end up shooting slower to hit more accurately and the enemy would be gone by then.

game overall feels different and makes more sense, a lot more sense of warfare that BF3 didn't have. there's a lot more environmental effects, something BF3 was low in (but still had the best in the market for online shooters). it makes the game feel more intense.
    Last edited by Omar; 08-24-2013 at 04:27.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    ok i know i PMS on this game from time to time but there are some things in there i'm liking.

1) big deal, they fixed the stupid kick every gun got...guns are much more stable now. which is nice because you can spray instead of just burst and $#@!. it was pretty pointless going over 10 bullets in BF3.

2) unless that was hardcore mode, the raised the damage up, seems even higher than hardcore mode in BF3, that's a plus.

both of these things put me off BF3 a lot because regular mode with a controller at long range was pointless and i love shooting long range, i just can't hit a target 10 times out of 30 bullets...that's ridiculous, it's a frigging controller. so i'd end up shooting slower to hit more accurately and the enemy would be gone by then.

game overall feels different and makes more sense, a lot more sense of warfare that BF3 didn't have. there's a lot more environmental effects, something BF3 was low in (but still had the best in the market for online shooters). it makes the game feel more intense.
    It does feel pretty good on BF3 imo, I can easily shoot a target from a long range with a machine gun. Most guns have plenty of recoil so it's obvious you can't just aim and keep the button pressed to spray them without any recoil because that will of course make you less accurate. Word of advice though, when you're trying to shoot a long range target with a machine gun quickly switch your fire rate to one shot instead of burst shot and you will nail them easily and make sure to switch back to burst because it does suck for close range lol.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    It does feel pretty good on BF3 imo, I can easily shoot a target from a long range with a machine gun. Most guns have plenty of recoil so it's obvious you can't just aim and keep the button pressed to spray them without any recoil because that will of course make you less accurate. Word of advice though, when you're trying to shoot a long range target with a machine gun quickly switch your fire rate to one shot instead of burst shot and you will nail them easily and make sure to switch back to burst because it does suck for close range lol.
    Oh machine guns are a different story. I've never had issue with machine guns. they will mow down anyone within 500 yards. My problem is with carbines and sometimes assault weapons. and speaking about running targets at very long ranges, like 300+ yards.

In normal mode, you have to hit people 5+ times to get them...that makes no sense to me. In BF4 it seems like two hits will get you down to low. That's fair.

Not speaking about the overall recoil, which is fairly easy to control in this game, more like the initial kick that all guns have...it's pretty stupid to me and doesn't work well at long ranges (when you have to hit someone that many times, not realistic). the kick itself is realistic but it screws up the game imo and that's why it seems like they changed it. Reason being, there's not a whole lot of chance of you going in a long-range battle with anyone and especially in normal mode, that doesn't happen, you know what I'm talking about. it's mostly close range even with the assault kit.

which explains why DICE came out with guns that were either very short range (TAR21, AUG3, MP5K etc.) or very long range (SCAR-L)...there are barely any new weapons that are for in-between. They figured most battles are short ranged, then they threw in a 12x scoped SCAR-L which I love btw.

BF3 barely has any long-ranged firefights, virtually none i'd say. that's the entire point of the game imo. The kick like i said is realistic but we're playing on a controller, it makes no sense for us. It makes sense on a PC where you can spray and follow a target at long ranges.

it seems to me that they tightened the spread of the guns too, which made them only good at short-maybe-medium range in BF3 if you kept shooting. That imo is unrealistic, i don't know of any weapon that shoots that inaccurate if you shoot the entire clip.

I wouldn't mind all that, just make the guns more powerful, they all feel like pee shooters to me. i guess this makes it harder to camp but overall ruins the gameplay for me.

Thread Information