Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Master Sage
    HellsJester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Alone in the Cold
    Posts
    14,316
    Rep Power
    138

    Yoshida: Streaming on PS4 supports commentary



    Source - https://twitter.com/yosp/status/370606105795522560


    Good news just keeps coming for the PS4


  2. #2
    Ultimate Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    44
    Posts
    20,580
    Rep Power
    198
    Good, that's one feature I was hoping for.

  3. #3
    Elite Sage
    Mael Duin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    10,723
    Rep Power
    133
    So you CAN do commentary? Great, I was hoping for this.
    Man who chase after bus get exhausted, man who run in front of bus get tired
    Man who masturbates in class has firm grip of subject at hand
    Woman who sink in man's arms soon have arms in man's sink

  4. #4
    Dedicated Member
    Gantz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Posts
    1,166
    Rep Power
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Good, that's one feature I was hoping for.
    Didn't think you'd get one

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

    Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

  5. #5
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    PSN ID
    keefy
    Posts
    18,930
    Rep Power
    152
    The games just need a spectate mode. Hope Killzone has such a thing so 1 person be in spectate streaming and casting the game play

  6. #6
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    The games just need a spectate mode. Hope Killzone has such a thing so 1 person be in spectate streaming and casting the game play
    I am 110% with Keefy on this. I know some games this gen had spectate mode, but I wish it was universal. There are days where I could just sit and watch people play games. Even single player games, which you can spectate on OnLive. I want more of that.

    Great news that PS4 supports commentary as well. I wonder if it is audio only, or audio and video?

  7. #7
    Super Elite
    FireSol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Moscow
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Posts
    2,224
    Rep Power
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Great news that PS4 supports commentary as well. I wonder if it is audio only, or audio and video?
    i think both, in other way streaming is useless

  8. #8
    Elite Guru
    EHY893's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,598
    Rep Power
    90
    Good news, doubt I'll ever use the feature but its great for those who do

  9. #9
    Superior Member
    Flumbooze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Posts
    587
    Rep Power
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by FireSol View Post
    i think both, in other way streaming is useless
    At first I was surprised too by his seemingly retarded post but then I realised that maybe we are a bit retarded. I think he meant to ask wether you can use a facecam

  10. #10
    Elite Guru
    MonkeyClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Age
    42
    Posts
    5,030
    Rep Power
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    I am 110% with Keefy on this. I know some games this gen had spectate mode, but I wish it was universal. There are days where I could just sit and watch people play games. Even single player games, which you can spectate on OnLive. I want more of that.

    Great news that PS4 supports commentary as well. I wonder if it is audio only, or audio and video?
    The spectate mode is one feature that has me really excited, I think it will be extremely cool to watch what everyone else is playing in real-time and just being able to jump right into the game like that is awesome! Mix this with the cross game chat and this is just full of win!

    -=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

  11. Likes Omar likes this post
  12. #11
    PSU Live Streamer
    shepard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,703
    Rep Power
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post


    Source - https://twitter.com/yosp/status/370606105795522560


    Good news just keeps coming for the PS4
    Thats my tweet.

    Come find me on Twitch.tv!


  13. #12
    Forum Sage
    Agriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Age
    38
    Posts
    9,399
    Rep Power
    118
    This could open up a lot for community. I can see number of uses for this.


  14. #13
    Superior Member
    Flumbooze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Posts
    587
    Rep Power
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    The spectate mode is one feature that has me really excited, I think it will be extremely cool to watch what everyone else is playing in real-time and just being able to jump right into the game like that is awesome! Mix this with the cross game chat and this is just full of win!
    Awesome how people can still get excited by this when it's a feature that exists for over 10 years or so now.

  15. #14
    Superior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    783
    Rep Power
    89
    I have no desire to share or whatnot...none whatsoever...but jumping into a game with someone etc sounds fine...I don't understand the sharing thing etc....perhaps I'm just too old because I don't really facebook, twitter, or whatever that crap is and don't understand the whole look I just shot 4 guys in a row thing. I do understand people using it for walkthroughs but I've never searched out or went and watched a friend show off...but again....I don't think I'm in that target audience and thats fine...happy for those that enjoy it. I love the instant pick up and play ability with the console and able to jump in with my clan mates so there something for everyone it seems.

  16. #15
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    PSN ID
    keefy
    Posts
    18,930
    Rep Power
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by Flumbooze View Post
    Awesome how people can still get excited by this when it's a feature that exists for over 10 years or so now.
    Pray tell, which part of that has existed for over 10 years?

  17. #16
    Superior Member
    Flumbooze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Posts
    587
    Rep Power
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Pray tell, which part of that has existed for over 10 years?
    Spectation mode.

  18. #17
    Veteran
    Saigon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NA
    PSN ID
    saigon1914
    Posts
    4,955
    Rep Power
    100
    Wow, that is interesting, didn't expect to see that feature...

  19. #18
    Dedicated Member
    Demi_God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Icy hot of the north
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Posts
    1,191
    Rep Power
    38
    This is a really nice feature. So basically talking to other people while they watch you playing the game. Great feature and my goodness Sony, they are just laying it on thick for the PS4.

  20. #19
    Forum Guru
    K2D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,544
    Rep Power
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    I am 110% with Keefy on this. I know some games this gen had spectate mode, but I wish it was universal. There are days where I could just sit and watch people play games. Even single player games, which you can spectate on OnLive. I want more of that.

    Great news that PS4 supports commentary as well. I wonder if it is audio only, or audio and video?
    At the Sony gamescom press-conferance, just before Yoshida joined the game, you could see the facecam of the person he was spectating.



    I doubt that the tools at launch will be a satisfactory substitute for what is available on pc. But with enough demand, who knows?
    Last edited by K2D; 08-25-2013 at 18:01.





Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts