Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from BlackColeBattlefield 3
    Quote Originally Posted by billm0066 View Post
    1. BF4 looks boring. KZ looks a lot better.
    2. This is a multi gen and multi plat game. They are not going to invest too heavily and optimize for the ps4.
    3. This is a 1st year game. ps3 games did not look that great initially and got better over time.
    4. Why do people jump to conclusions so fast about games? PS4 is very powerful, it's up to the devs to make the games look the best they can. If you don't like it then don't buy the game.
    I guess you are right about it and had pointed out good points. But I liked BF3 a lot and even until now it has some online issues but I still like it. So, even with BF4 I would say it would be close to BF3.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by LeisureSuitLarry View Post
    Lol....and here I am liking your post cuz I thought you were kidding. Wow

Ancient
    So they was expecting a 64 player online game with all the bells and whistles in a pre-alpha unreleased game...interesting.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 4

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    I wanna be optimistic and say that it's still in progress and will be fine at launch.
    But there's something telling me that it's just gonna be BF3.5
    I guess we have to wait and see what info appears before launch.
    Then when it is in our homes...Finally!
    We can actually judge these consoles for real.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    So they was expecting a 64 player online game with all the bells and whistles in a pre-alpha unreleased game...interesting.

Not only that but that guy got all of that off a 8 vs 8 game mode. LOL

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3-The Ultimate Machine View Post
    Well, 1. This is IGN we're talking about, these guys thrive on FUD to keep the click-throughs coming, and 2. DICE is a very talented bunch, and adding higher res assets and increasing the scale of maps isn't really such a tough thing to do, biggest limitation for that on consoles is usually RAM, but that's not the case this time around.

No need to worry until and unless the final game on the consoles is subpar to the PC version by a large margin. If that's the case then EA screwed us all with these high end PC demos.
    Exactly, I'm not expecting it to be on par on what they've shown but just like you said subpar, not different by much, otherwise I would indeed feel like they're screwing us.

Quote Originally Posted by rene2kx View Post
    So much for the ps4 being so powerful. ps4 can do hUMA it is 50% more powerful than xbox one blah blah..we've heard it all. if bf4 on ps4 ends up severely lacking compared to the pc version or if the xbox one version does native 1080p while the ps4 is doing some sub 1080p resolution, that would be a massive fail. all you folks hyping yourself about the ps4 being a beast of a machine might end up disappointed. this generation also ps3 was supposed to be much more powerful than xbox 360, i remember reading back here in 2005/06. but majority of multiplats turned out better on the 360, and many of you blamed it on 'lazy developers'. if next gen ps4 gets the underpowered versions, who would you blame? the console is no longer difficult to develop for.
    Even if it's the first generation of games I would feel that way too, if it's such a beast why would games look the way the guy at IGN is describing them?

Quote Originally Posted by PS4THEWIN View Post
    Wasn't this confirmed false?
    They only commented on the definition not being 720p.

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    This is why I'm getting this game for PC. It's just not possible for DICE to achieve full fidelity with this engine on next gen consoles, and this is especially true for a 60fps console game. Battlefield 3 was already pushing the limits of high end PCs, and Battlefield 4 pushing those limits even further is just making that fidelity skewer further out of reach for the PS4 and Xbox One.

Supreme Veteran

Enough said.
    Main PC: INTEL CORE i7 4930k | ASUS P9X79-PRO | 16GB G-SKILL 2400MHz RAM | GTX 780 3GB PHANTOM GLH EDITION | SAMSUNG 840 PRO 256GB | 2 X 1TB WD RE4 | 2TB WD GREEN | SILVERSTONE STRIDER 1200W GOLD | HAF-X w/ DEMCI FLEX FILTERS | SWIFTECH H320 AIO | WINDOWS 8.1 PRO w/ MEDIA CENTER x64.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by A7MAD View Post

Enough said.
    When I saw that video at that particular part my jaw dropped. I honestly said out loud "WOW"
    Last edited by keefy; 08-24-2013 at 01:12.

Veteran

Enough said.
    That's exactly what I mean if PS4 can do that much no way BF4 can't do what they've shown because this looks even better than BF4.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    XtraTrstrL
    I think the main issue is what DICE has already stated, they are still optimizing. Frostbite 3 is still being tweaked on PS4 to work as efficiently as possible. I don't think it's so much a power issue, just more of a getting use to the new HW issue.

Veteran

Enough said.
    What's the source for this though? Videos on youtube don't look that great even when running at 1080p so I'm guessing this is from a RAW uncompressed video?

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Bodie_CI5
    Items PS3 Slim
    ^^ (the vid)

Now that looks exquisite :O

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Wait until you've seen it yourselves for christ sake. There's no point kicking up a fuss over one guy's opinion here. I've read several reports saying it looks and plays amazing on PS4 but they are less newsworthy.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Wait until you've seen it yourselves for christ sake. There's no point kicking up a fuss over one guy's opinion here. I've read several reports saying it looks and plays amazing on PS4 but they are less newsworthy.
    Agreed, I was just a bit concerned regardless since it's the game I'm anticipating the most for launch, I guess I don't want to come home to disappointment lol.

Apprentice
    Items Scarlett JohanssonGuerrilla GamesDice
    Quote Originally Posted by XtraTrstrL View Post
    I think the main issue is what DICE has already stated, they are still optimizing. Frostbite 3 is still being tweaked on PS4 to work as efficiently as possible. I don't think it's so much a power issue, just more of a getting use to the new HW issue.
    Agreed.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    If people seriously believe just from one guys thoughts on a particular build of BF4 looking meh as indication that PS4 is weak, I say wow! Maybe it's just EA dealing with a new platform, maybe it's because we're comparing it to gaming rig footage, or it's just FUD! If overnight all those amazing looking games like KZ, Driveclub, and Infamous look nowhere near what is shown, Sony would be dealing with a PR atrocity. I say reserve your judgment for your own eyes and not buy into everything a journalist says to mostly create hits from shock factor.

Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

18. Likes Wrath wishes they had posted this first.
    Home Theater Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    If people seriously believe just from one guys thoughts on a particular build of BF4 looking meh as indication that PS4 is weak, I say wow! Maybe it's just EA dealing with a new platform, maybe it's because we're comparing it to gaming rig footage, or it's just FUD! If overnight all those amazing looking games like KZ, Driveclub, and Infamous look nowhere near what is shown, Sony would be dealing with a PR atrocity. I say reserve your judgment for your own eyes and not buy into everything a journalist says to mostly create hits from shock factor.
    Truer words have never been spoken. This article is a disgrace and means NOTHING.

Ancient
    I wouldn't based the power of next-gen consoles on DICE's inability to get BF4 running at 1080p for launch.

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Dedicated Member
    I think it's a little unfair to do a comparison at this time, it's to early. Let's not forget how PS3 games looked early on compared to later, I mean some exclusives looked better then alot of games on PC.
    Last edited by MGSfan; 08-26-2013 at 13:39.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    chriharr
    If you love your PS4 you would buy Killzone shadow fall, a first party game made by the people who are a part of the company that made the hardware... See where I'm going with this.

If you care about graphics buy first party games as they are highly optimized for the hardware they are played on, multiplats are always garbage graphics wise take COD series for example, hideous graphics, glitches galore but millions still find the gameplay and story fun and exciting, either look past your battlefield 4 woes or look beyond the flaws.
    " A Toll's a toll and a roll's a roll. If we don't get no toll's, then we don't eat no roll's"

PSN ID
    TheWorldNationF5
    Quote Originally Posted by billm0066 View Post
    1. BF4 looks boring. KZ looks a lot better.
    2. This is a multi gen and multi plat game. They are not going to invest too heavily and optimize for the ps4.
    3. This is a 1st year game. ps3 games did not look that great initially and got better over time.
    4. Why do people jump to conclusions so fast about games? PS4 is very powerful, it's up to the devs to make the games look the best they can. If you don't like it then don't buy the game.

This video might make Battlefield 4 more appealing, when looking under the hood this game is awesome and a true sucessor to Battlefield 3

But that's just my opinion, im still well into the FPS genre.

And PC will be the best platform to play this game on...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3LLFYpAYak Driving Simulator 2011???
    The guy below me hopefully knows what i mean...

Apprentice

PSN ID
    bat0nas_LT
    So what are the chances that BF4 final version for PS4 will be a native 1080p and not the upscaled 720p?

I'm not saying that 720p is bad. I love this game not because of the visuals. Just interesting...

Apprentice

PSN ID
    bat0nas_LT
    (double post... sorry)
    Last edited by bat0nas; 08-28-2013 at 10:52.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by bat0nas View Post
    So what are the chances that BF4 final version for PS4 will be a native 1080p and not the upscaled 720p?

I'm not saying that 720p is bad. I love this game not because of the visuals. Just interesting...
    form news i read - zero chances

Thread Information