Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Ancient
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by bat0nas View Post
    So what are the chances that BF4 final version for PS4 will be a native 1080p and not the upscaled 720p?

I'm not saying that 720p is bad. I love this game not because of the visuals. Just interesting...
    Not likely, EA want it out for launch
    But watch BF5 be way beyond BF4 graphically and be 1080p....maybe
    Lack of time and optimization is the problem I see, things that would genuinely be hardware related reasons behind the drop in resolution aren't weaknesses in nextgen consoles, maybe the CPU compared to really powerful PC CPU's, but those 8 Cores should able to handle BF4, the GPU and Ram is more then enough to handle the graphics, framebuffers and everything else
    Despite what PC buffs say the nextgen consoles aren't weak by any means, they're just not overpowered...well maybe a tiny bit for obvious reasons, but not like high-end PC rigs, which don't even use all their resources effectively in their life time.
    Meeting a deadline and delivering a great version of the game seems to be prioritized at the cost of 1080p, afterall most wont notice the difference just like millions believe COD is HD this gen, but 60fps they are more likely too
    Anyway its not like the game won't be in HD, it just wont be the maximum you TV can handle.
    Alternatively you could get the PC version and upgrade your PC.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 4

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    It's more than 720p already, just not 1080p. We'll see.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by Flumbooze View Post
    It's more than 720p already, just not 1080p. We'll see.
    Well if its more then 720p then it'll be sharper then we're use to on consoles, if the upscale is below 30% only a pixel counter would notice
    IGN knew the resolution wasn't 1080p, and you know what people are like when they get something in their head, the difference could be like adjusting sharpness on your TV a bit, barely.noticeable unless you know about it.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 4
    Last edited by TGO; 08-29-2013 at 12:28.

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    Well, now we know about it

Elite Member
    I always thought EA never cared, if your game is lacks on PS4 because of you then don't bother making the game for PS4, what's the point in having something that lacks on 1 console an not another EA you should be ashamed of yourself. PS4 is powerfull we all know that but between PC is another story im talking consoles here so EA thinks we dull as fook to think they pushing for 1 better than the other console.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by nextgen3 View Post
    I always thought EA never cared, if your game is lacks on PS4 because of you then don't bother making the game for PS4, what's the point in having something that lacks on 1 console an not another EA you should be ashamed of yourself. PS4 is powerfull we all know that but between PC is another story im talking consoles here so EA thinks we dull as fook to think they pushing for 1 better than the other console.
    BF4 "lacks" on both consoles not just PS4. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=662561

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Pfffffffffft. BF4 isn't going to cross my eye's because it's 720p. I'll be on that game everyday.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    Pfffffffffft. BF4 isn't going to cross my eye's because it's 720p. I'll be on that game everyday.
    I'll buy it eventually. But Killzone SF takes priority for me.

Superior Member
    I'm sure it'll be fine regardless but those who say the difference between 720 and 1080 is hardly noticeable hasn't actually seen the difference then. Over twice the pixel count! Console gaming can't display the difference that will WOW you. Once you play Killzone at 1080p native and 60fps you'll finally see what I mean.

At least we'll have 60 fps and 64 player servers! It's a strong step in a better direction.

If they had 6 more months, perhaps we'd get 1080 too. Would you wait?

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    cant wait to play the sp

Superior Member
    Items Final Fantasy IVAtlus
    We will find out as the game releases. If it will live up to expectations.
    Playing - Legend of Heroes:Trails Of The Sky (Steam),Persona 4 Golden
    Awaiting - Xenoblade Chronicles X,Persona Q, Oreshika:Tainted Bloodlines, Ys
    Next, Tales of Zestiria, Tales Of Hearts R and Persona 5

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    Was this posted already? At the 11:00 mark.

Master Guru
    So the Xbox One could be developers favorite platform after all? I can't say i'm shocked since that's where the majority of the money is for third party developers.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    So the Xbox One could be developers favorite platform after all? I can't say i'm shocked since that's where the majority of the money is for third party developers.
    There's no word on how it will look on XBone, my guess it will look almost as it does on PS4 or slightly worse. The footage they've shown on XBone including the recent demos at PAX some people found out they were actually high end PCs disguised as XBones.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    It's to bad they didn't just scrap the SP and focus all of there resources on MP.
    I wonder how much of a noticeable difference there would be if there was no SP game in BF4.
    Do any of you think it would have made MP "better" graphically or would it do not enough for it to be worth ditching SP.
    Or is SP just to Important to not have in a next gen BF?

16. Likes Demi_God likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    LOL the SLAM @ 5:49 is real?

Dedicated Member
    I just hope it has big open environments with 64 players and 60 fps with decent AA. Resolution is way down the list.

Common sense isn't all that common.

Friendship is Carrots
    Quote Originally Posted by TEST SUBJECT 83 View Post
    It's to bad they didn't just scrap the SP and focus all of there resources on MP.
    I wonder how much of a noticeable difference there would be if there was no SP game in BF4.
    Do any of you think it would have made MP "better" graphically or would it do not enough for it to be worth ditching SP.
    Or is SP just to Important to not have in a next gen BF?
    I tried playing Battlefield 3's singleplayer and I was honestly disgusted by it. Completely linear and on-rail gameplay. I would walk away about 15 feet and my screen would go $#@!ing nuts telling me to get back into the battlezone, I $#@! you not. And I had to wait so much at doors for my AI partners to arrive, chat idly, then open it up for me. It felt like the game was just vomiting puke and piss at me. But hey, at least it was pretty to look at!

Bad Company got the single-player right. It had open levels where you lead yourself, and you could choose how to attack locations. It was a lot of fun, and the humor on top really tied the whole thing together. Hopefully battlefield 4 can do better in this area, but I'm not betting on it. I'd prefer if they focused on multiplayer, coop missions and maybe a horde mode.
    Last edited by Nerevar; 09-05-2013 at 09:40.

I think that it will be good.I don't play this game but the PS4 is the equivalent of a super computer lol. So i t should be able to look better then a regular PC. I hope it will anyway because that would make the game allot more fun.

Forum Overseer
    Why are we making it complicated? BF4 is not a next-gen title. If it were, it wouldn't be nearly possible on current gen consoles.
    If it's not running well on next-gen consoles then they just haven't optimized their code well yet. because it seems like others have.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Why are we making it complicated? BF4 is not a next-gen title. If it were, it wouldn't be nearly possible on current gen consoles.
    If it's not running well on next-gen consoles then they just haven't optimized their code well yet. because it seems like others have.
    I agree.
    If Dice worked on this exclusively for next gen, or better yet and exclusive title for Playstation it would look twice as good, at least as it does now. This is my opinion, I'm not claiming to be stating facts.

Thread Information