Thread: League Play

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style

League Play

I have to know. Is this thing for real? Is League Play really considered the upper echelon of COD where you're considered if you are a good player or not? I asked this question because I just recently played in League Play only to find out you can't use certain items. Like Claymores, C4, Launchers, GUNS. And I think to myself... "How is this possible" How can someone limit me, in a "competitive setting", and judge whether or not who is good and bad? You can turn ban weapons yet you choose to allow Aim-Assist to live in League Play? For serious? Really? lol, I don't get it. Just was wondering if anyone had any insight that's all. I just got a chuckle outta not being able to use certain weapons that were made to be available in this game. To those buying Ghost, God bless you! lol

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Its probably to Create a level playing field.

Rank 100 has all weapons and unlocks and perks yet a rank 23 doesn't for example.
    Last edited by keefy; 08-27-2013 at 20:46.

Superior Member
    When it comes to competitive game, there's many things that are banned from use to it being extremely overpowered or cheap.

Let me explain some things to you that are banned and why:

C4 - Easiest way to get a kill. Just throw it, double tap square, and instantly you get a free kill.

Tactical Insertion - Ability to spawn where you like is something competitive gamers like to call "cheap". If you want to be considered a good player, spawn on your base each time you die and work your way to the opponents flag, not just magically continue to spawn right next to it.

UAV, Counter-UAV, Orbital VSAT - Not knowing where your opponents are will truly bring out the skill and smarts in your gameplay. Think smart and take advantage that your opponents won't know where you are unless you shoot your gun.

Care Package - Imagine a CTF (Capture the Flag) game being tied at 2-2 with 60 seconds left, your opponents calls in a care package and they get a Swarm or K9 Unit. Game over, your opponent wins by pure luck of what came in a care package.

Launchers - Another easy way to get a kill. Don't even need to aim directly at the player, just in the general area he/she is in. Too easy of a kill.

That's just a summary of the things that are banned in League Play. These are also the same rules used in multiple competitive tournaments around the world, including the biggest of them all, MLG (Major League Gaming). If you have anymore questions, please feel free to let me know.

PSN Gamertag: Kertiously

PS4 Coming Soon

XBL Gamertag: VoKeM

Xbox One Day One Member

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Its probably to Create a level playing field.

Rank 100 has all weapons and unlocks and perks yet a rank 23 doesn't for example.
    Yeah, that's cool, but in League play everything is unlocked for everyone at the jump. Regardless of what your in-game RANK is at the current time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pap3rThin View Post
    When it comes to competitive game, there's many things that are banned from use to it being extremely overpowered or cheap.

Let me explain some things to you that are banned and why:

C4 - Easiest way to get a kill. Just throw it, double tap square, and instantly you get a free kill.

Tactical Insertion - Ability to spawn where you like is something competitive gamers like to call "cheap". If you want to be considered a good player, spawn on your base each time you die and work your way to the opponents flag, not just magically continue to spawn right next to it.

UAV, Counter-UAV, Orbital VSAT - Not knowing where your opponents are will truly bring out the skill and smarts in your gameplay. Think smart and take advantage that your opponents won't know where you are unless you shoot your gun.

Care Package - Imagine a CTF (Capture the Flag) game being tied at 2-2 with 60 seconds left, your opponents calls in a care package and they get a Swarm or K9 Unit. Game over, your opponent wins by pure luck of what came in a care package.

Launchers - Another easy way to get a kill. Don't even need to aim directly at the player, just in the general area he/she is in. Too easy of a kill.

That's just a summary of the things that are banned in League Play. These are also the same rules used in multiple competitive tournaments around the world, including the biggest of them all, MLG (Major League Gaming). If you have anymore questions, please feel free to let me know.
    Thanks for the explanation. And this line of thinking (In my opinion of course) is the reason why games are full of fail and too casual today. It's a real shame honestly. I saw you toss out the word "easy kill" a few times. ANYTHING can be considered an easy kill in the grand scheme of Call of Duty. Again, doesn't matter how good you are if one learns the power of aim-assist. Don't care how great your gun game is, won't matter when that comes into play.

And secondly, my cousin is a terrible COD player. I could give him a grenade Launcher, C4 with Fast hands, Lightweight and an AIM-BOT and he'd still be a pathetic player in the game. A level playing field is a crutch for the weak-minded. Why do they put guns in the game if this line of thinking triumphs all? Why is a .50 Cal Sniper considered a deadly weapon if its supposed to do more damage than a SMG which is essentially more powerful and stable than the ARs in the game?

If someone gets a care-package then that means you weren't doing your job and allowed him to get it. I get its a little different in this game with the scorestreaks and all, but you and your team are supposed to stop the one who is on a roll are you not? You can't fault the guy for doing what he had to do in order to help his team win. He got 3 or 4 kills in a row and the scorestreak needed to get a package. But I don't know, I'm just a different breed. I can't get in that line of thinking. If its put into the game, it was there for a reason. I just find it a failsafe for limited players. Casual and MLG players a like.

But just like with society, the gaming world has changed. SMH

And one more thing. If you allow a person to get 12 or so kills plus a scorestreak of a VSAT, you deserved to get styled on.
    Last edited by $Greatness$; 08-29-2013 at 07:00.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Those things are there to help the winning player/team win more, which I think is wrong. If they are so good they should rely on their uber awesome amazing skills and not care packages and kill/score streaks, right?

Randomness deserves no place in competitive gaming.

There are way too many weapons in COD games and in fact most modern military shooters for that matter, in reality only maybe a dozen are needed for competitive play.
    Sometimes I really do think this is the mentality of those gamers that want more guns

Last edited by keefy; 08-29-2013 at 13:04.

Thread Information