Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Markus

LocoRoco PS Vita

Another one of my crazy game ideas. This time for Vita!If you don't know what LocoRoco is, please watch this trailer:

The game also spawned two sequels and a home space. Though I imagine some of you only recognize it as a defualt PSN avatar.
    So if you don't see why this game would be perfect for Vita, let me tell you.

Sixaxis (motion control)
    Firstly, the game mechanics complement motion controls so well. The difference in digital (L/R on PSP) and analog tilting on Vita alone would be great, but the jumping ability would be much more satisfying. The existing mechanics could be expanded upon. Perhaps just certain sections of the levels could be moved via sixaxis (as in LocoRoco Cocoreccho for ps3) or with the analog sticks?

Touch controls
    The existing mechanic of separating the LocoRoco would be much more fluid with touch, wouldn't it? Imagine popping them like bubbles with a quick touch, or having them gather on one LocoRoco that you hold your finger on, or being able to stop a LocoRoco from rolling with the level by holding your finger in front of them, making the levels much more complex. The rear touch could be used for interacting with the levels, or tickling the LocoRoco (which was a game mechanic). Touch could also be used to change the shape of the LocoRoco (which will be useful in certain circumstances).

More powerful hardware
    New mechanics can be created using the microphone,cameras, or dual analog sticks. More powerful hardware means more LocoRoco or enemies on screen and more complex levels and puzzles. It means more sophisticated mini games. It could even allow for a level creator for some playcreateshare action! Perhaps the game could be taken into 2.5D or 3D?

PSN Functions
    NEAR and trophy support. Beat the scores of your friends or those on the leaderboards.

So what do you think?
    Last edited by F34R; 08-24-2013 at 17:37. Reason: fixed the html formatting

PS4 Launch Edition
    PS3 60GB (Upgraded to 500GB)
    Phenom II X4 955, HD 7770 1GB, 6GB RAM

If you add my PSN say you're from PSU or I might delete it!

i want a new loco roco for vita
    i bought loco roco 1 when i bought that white psp and i loved it just like my sister those songs where so cute.
    if someone gave me the chance to play loco roco 3 or uncharted 4 behind closed doors i would choose loco roco 3 (i love uncharted to but i love loco roco more

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    I d/l'ed the original PSP "LocoRoco" to my Vita and I love it!

Shut up and play games

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    First demo I downloaded when I got my PSP, it needs to be continue on Vita for sure.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I would love to see a new edition to the Roco series.. on the Vita of course. That would be pretty awesome.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Markus
    Oh wow I didn't realize the thread actually posted! I kept getting error messages. Thanks for fixing it, F34R. I'm glad you guys see the potential of this too

PS4 Launch Edition
    PS3 60GB (Upgraded to 500GB)
    Phenom II X4 955, HD 7770 1GB, 6GB RAM

If you add my PSN say you're from PSU or I might delete it!

Thread Information