Latest PSU headlines:

Superior Member

Gamespot: Sony's impressive strategy stole the show at Gamescom

http://m.gamespot.com/features/sonys...escom-6413509/

"Sony simply showed the world how great the PS4 is without surrounding it with a cloud of fluffy marketing speak and outlandish promises."

yep Sony has the best vision coming into next gen no doubt

2. Likes Saigon likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    http://www.gamespot.com/features/son...escom-6413509/

... for the "desktop" version.

Basically, Yoshida comes out, does something without talking, and that steals the show. The rest of the article wants to convince YOU of that, by using the "YOU" term a lot in reference to how "YOU" feel. Meh. Wasn't a good article for me.

I mean, lol. So, no fluffy marketing, but then state:
    Sony is not perfect, and it certainly fell in the trap of wheeling out an endless string of suits to promote its wares later in its presentation. But by grabbing our attention so firmly at the start--even if it was ultimately just some slick marketing--you feel that it cares, that there's a grand vision at work underneath it all that's finally coming to fruition.
    smh.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    http://www.gamespot.com/features/son...escom-6413509/

... for the "desktop" version.

Basically, Yoshida comes out, does something without talking, and that steals the show. The rest of the article wants to convince YOU of that, by using the "YOU" term a lot in reference to how "YOU" feel. Meh. Wasn't a good article for me.

I mean, lol. So, no fluffy marketing, but then state:

smh.
    You gotta admit tho the os showing at the beginning was Ace. No hands in the pocket to change slides, everything was in real time even if it was choppy at times, you could really tell that Sony has learned from ALL there mistakes (well marketing is still up in the air)

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Forum Elder
    Items User name style
    It was ok.

What pissed me off was when they shameless plugged the names of SSM, Naughty Dog and Media Molecule by touting their 'unannounced titles'. I knew right there that we wouldn't get any concrete AAA reveals. They just mentioned them for a cheap pop to try and pre-emptively placate the crowd as they didn't have anything solid to reveal.

Shadow of the Beast is the only one that could have passed as a AAA reveal, but all we got was a short CG trailer.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    There was nothing to steal. Overall, Gamescom this year was mediocre.

7. Likes DeRaddyoMoFo likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Sony always wins Gamescom because Sony owns Europe. Always has.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    There was nothing to steal. Overall, Gamescom this year was mediocre.
    For a gamescom event they actually did. Have you even watched previous gamescom events from before? this one was really good.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    For a gamescom event they actually did. Have you even watched previous gamescom events from before? this one was really good.
    It wasn't as good as the year Ted Price walked on stage and announced both Resistance 3 AND an R&C game, but yeah it was decent overall. Easily better than E3.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    XtraTrstrL
    This year E3 destroyed Gamescom.

Superior Member

Gamespot: Sony's impressive strategy "of streaming their conference live" stole the show at Gamescom

Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    For goodness sake I hope nobody thinks to start labelling the console an Xbrick,
    oops
    -Regarding the Xbone A.K.A. the Xbrick

"Faith - that's another word for ignorance isn't it?" -House

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post
    It was ok.

What pissed me off was when they shameless plugged the names of SSM, Naughty Dog and Media Molecule by touting their 'unannounced titles'. I knew right there that we wouldn't get any concrete AAA reveals. They just mentioned them for a cheap pop to try and pre-emptively placate the crowd as they didn't have anything solid to reveal.

Shadow of the Beast is the only one that could have passed as a AAA reveal, but all we got was a short CG trailer.
    First of all the trailer (shadow of the beast) was not cg

Second of all, would you rather them have used cg trailers to show nd, ssm and mm games? And then people will $#@! that they showed cgi rather than in engine trailer (like the order)

Or have them announce and show games that will not even be out until the end of 2014-15 and have people $#@! that Sony announces games way ahead of time?

Pick your poison, I see nothing wrong with what they did, the games are not ready, DON'T $#@!ING SHOW THEM!

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post
    It was ok.

Well, if they can't, then they can't.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    I guess it is our fault to keep expectations that much high. I as a sony guy , get used to exclusives alot. And everyone agree ps4 needs some more. My eyes was on Gamescom. Still have faith for ps4 tho.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Forum Elder
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    First of all the trailer (shadow of the beast) was not cg

Second of all, would you rather them have used cg trailers to show nd, ssm and mm games? And then people will $#@! that they showed cgi rather than in engine trailer (like the order)

Or have them announce and show games that will not even be out until the end of 2014-15 and have people $#@! that Sony announces games way ahead of time?

Pick your poison, I see nothing wrong with what they did, the games are not ready, DON'T $#@!ING SHOW THEM!

Link for Shadow of the Beast being confirmed as in-engine? They would have said that at the conference when it was revealed, and I don't recall that being said.

And smh...yes, CG trailers would have been preferable to a cheap pop fluff mention. That's all I need from the likes of Naughty Dog and SSM, a proof of concept, a name and a basic premise. That's enough to add to a list, that's enough to get the hype going.

As for a hypothetical 2014-2015 wait period, I'm not and probably never will be a launch owner, as I always wait things out at least a year or two, so that consequence would not have mattered to me. Different people have different complaints.

No, showing CG concept trailers would not have been ideal, but they would have been better than nothing at all.

The main point was that the conference was overall weak to me because of the lack of big games. Now, I understand why they may have felt it necessary to hold back but that doesn't take away from the fact that it was a con against the showing. It was weak. Understandably so, perhaps, but it was still weak.

Elite Guru
    Gamescon usually isn't an even with huge AAA unveilings. All parties did fairly well but really it was basically just to show the European media what is coming rather than ground breaking announcements.

Forum Guru
    Should have been an alright conference but the stupid camera director ruined it.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    You gotta admit tho the os showing at the beginning was Ace. No hands in the pocket to change slides, everything was in real time even if it was choppy at times, you could really tell that Sony has learned from ALL there mistakes (well marketing is still up in the air)

Agreed.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Mopreme187
    I Didn't mind the gamescom show. thought it was alright

Veteran
    PSN ID
    saigon1914
    What impressed me overall was that everything was original in concept. No fluffing, no quick wins, no, oh it can do this in the future. Everything was straight up and down original. What is applied to the console is what the console can do. Now that NA and EU is out of the way, I am really interested in what's going to be presented at the TGS show in Japan. I think they will be impressed with the Vita and PS4 connectivity since Japan is more into mobile gaming. After that...the countdown begins for both consoles, regarding the actual release date. Oh...November 15th.

Thread Information