Latest PSU headlines:

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Watch Dogs To Receive PC-Exclusive Effects, Features & Technologies

NVIDIA and Ubisoft have signed an unprecedented technical alliance that will see their best games enhanced with PC-exclusive effects and features. To date, we've confirmed the inclusion of Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist and Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag in the alliance, and now we're pleased to announce that one of the year's most anticipated games, Watch_Dogs, is joining the roster too.

Specific details about Watch_Dog's enhancements will be revealed in the coming months, so make sure to stay tuned to GeForce.com for all the info. In the meantime, here's Ubisoft with an overview of the game for those just discovering the wonder that is Watch_Dogs.
    http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/art...dogs-interview
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    WOW! Very nice. Hmmm.... will this change anyone from console to pc instead for these games? I dunno for me.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Keyboard and mouse support.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Keyboard and mouse support.
    IMO that should be a standard console feature, games have had the ability support them since PS2 (Deus Ex, Half Life etc.)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Forum Sage

I'll be getting this game for PC. I have been slowly returning my console games once they've hit Steam and working on building up my PC library instead. Since I am in the planning stages of also building a very high end HTPC so that I may utilize the "4K" TV - I also plan on getting - to it's fullest potential, my console gaming days are going to be vastly reduced to the days I feel like playing the few exclusives they have. This game seems like one that deserves to be played on the best machine I can afford to build. Coupled with Assassin's Creed IV and my undying love for Civilizations V, it's easy to see where the bulk of my free time is being spent.
    Last edited by F34R; 08-25-2013 at 13:46.

Forum Sage

^^ C-C-C-Combo breaker

But awesome news! I was always planning on playing these games on a high end system so to hear that it's going to have special features makes it that much more sweeter!!

Seeing Watch Dogs at E3 last year was the reason for me building my new PC. I wanted to play that game with 0 compromises. 1080p, >60Fps and ultra settings. Yes please.

BBK. Tapatalking.

7. Likes Morganator likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Some of these PC games are actually going to do the same for me as Morg stated. I might just get them on PC and enjoy them to the fullest. We'll see how the nextgen compares to the PC releases.

9. Likes Morganator likes this post
    Forum Sage

Next gen will be strictly about PC for me. I'm only picking up a PS4 due to me needing a new blueray player and for the exclusive games.

The PS4 might be powerful but it isn't a touch on my PC.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    Next gen will be strictly about PC for me. I'm only picking up a PS4 due to me needing a new blueray player and for the exclusive games.

The PS4 might be powerful but it isn't a touch on my PC.
    I agree that it won't be as powerful as the PC. I'm just interested in seeing how much performance differences there will be. If Watch Dogs on the PS4 has the same look and feel, at a locked fps (i.e. 60), then 100fps won't be a big deal for me. Know what I mean?

Forum Sage

I see what you mean but I'm a bit of a snob. If the game had 1080p@60fps whilst being equal to the higher settings on PC then if you don't mind which platform you play on then it isn't a deal breaker.

Personally for me I want the best experience i can possibly get and i know that my PC will give me that. I want all of the bells and whistles. I haven't spent almost $5000 on my PC for no reason

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    I see what you mean but I'm a bit of a snob. If the game had 1080p@60fps whilst being equal to the higher settings on PC then if you don't mind which platform you play on then it isn't a deal breaker.

Personally for me I want the best experience i can possibly get and i know that my PC will give me that. I want all of the bells and whistles. I haven't spent almost $5000 on my PC for no reason
    OUCH! Link to your build? or list it here please!!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    But modders will make them better or make even better effects etc etc....
    Last edited by F34R; 08-25-2013 at 14:51.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Forum Sage

Sure, i don't have a link, if you go back far enough in the 'Your Computer' thread you might find some pictures.

Anyway, it has the following

Corsair Obsidian 800D case
    Corsair AX1200i PSU
    ASUS Rampage IV Extreme motherboard
    Intel i7 3930K 6 core CPU
    16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz RAM
    3GB EVGA GTX780 Superclocked - currently just 1, picking up my second in December for my birthday present to myself so once i buy this it'll push it over that big number

Full custom watercooled loop which contains too much for me to list but it came out around $685

I bought it all in the UK and I was just using XE.com for a price conversion so not sure how accurate it will be
    Last edited by BBK..; 08-25-2013 at 14:20.

Forum Sage

You could've just edited your post...

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    I am on my phone on the move and did not get the chance. My bad
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Sure, i don't have a link, if you go back far enough in the 'Your Computer' thread you might find some pictures.

Anyway, it has the following

Corsair Obsidian 800D case
    Corsair AX1200i PSU
    ASUS Rampage IV Extreme motherboard
    Intel i7 3930K 6 core CPU
    16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz RAM
    3GB EVGA GTX780 Superclocked - currently just 1, picking up my second in December for my birthday present to myself so once i buy this it'll push it over that big number

Full custom watercooled loop which contains too much for me to list but it came out around $685

I bought it all in the UK and I was just using XE.com for a price conversion so not sure how accurate it will be
    Nice. Yeah, Watch Dogs outta look pretty amazing with that rig.

Fixed claudes edit lol.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    F34R thanks and sorry again, but again with all these extra's stuff

Modders will make it even better and more amazing,

just image the city evrn bigger with even more incredible effect

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Nice. Yeah, Watch Dogs outta look pretty amazing with that rig.

Fixed claudes edit lol.
    I should damn well hope so

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Some of these PC games are actually going to do the same for me as Morg stated. I might just get them on PC and enjoy them to the fullest. We'll see how the nextgen compares to the PC releases.
    Exactly. It's also why I'm even contemplating the new"4K" TVs at all. I understand that many people don't feel the same way as myself. There's also also lots of other reasons for going mostly PC but I don't want to derail the thread and go on a tangent.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    I think i will also get Watchdogs on the PC. I'll be building a new rig end of this year or early next year.

Thread Information