Latest PSU headlines:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 4
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    Trust me, we understand it's a choice. No one is saying it isn't one. We're saying it does not add value to the service. By admission from everyone who seems to be OK with it proves that much (they didn't sign up for gold to access Netflix.) It's just an artificial bullet point.

Microsoft would benefit more by removing the XBL paywall and increasing the value of their console. People aren't signing up for XBL because of Netflix, Amazon Instant video etc. That's the point.
    I agree 100% that I don't believe it adds value being it is behind a paywall. I think it would add value to the system if Gold wasn't required for it.

2. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I agree 100% that I don't believe it adds value being it is behind a paywall. I think it would add value to the system if Gold wasn't required for it.
    Yeah, so we agree there. This is why I don't understand why people don't encourage removing the paywall from these services more (no reason to be okay with it / looking at it as a bonus.) Yeah, you're already a subscriber and yeah, you have access to it, not denying that but regardless, you'd still have access to the services if it wasn't behind the XBL paywall, you know what I mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    How dare you bring logic into this? Damn you! This is a thread created to trash the One, MS and Live.

Now look what you've done. You injected logic into an argument meant to incite emotion.

Tsk, Tsk, Tsk.!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
    You really need to explain how anyone here has trashed the Xbox by saying that Netflix, etc shouldn't be behind a paywall.
    Last edited by sainraja; 08-29-2013 at 03:34.

4. Likes Mael Duin, mistercrow likes this post
    Superior Member
    Yeah, so we agree there. This is why I don't understand why people don't encourage removing the paywall from these services more (no reason to be okay with it / looking at it as a bonus.) Yeah, you're already a subscriber and yeah, you have access to it, not denying that but regardless, you'd still have access to the services if it wasn't behind the XBL paywall, you know what I mean?
    If the masses are willing to pay X dollars for service A, why would you lower the price or change the level of service? It's simple economics.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Forum Sage
    You're assuming masses are willing to pay X dollars for service A. They are paying X dollars for service B (online play + related features) and not service A (Netflix, etc.)

Don't assume I don't understand their reasoning behind it. It's just not good reasoning. Again, it adds nothing to the service, it would add more without the XBL paywall.

Keep being okay with it though.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by TrUe GaMeR View Post
    Convenience is very important. Since kinect is included with all X1 those apps will offer even more convince that can only be found on the X1. Voice. Won't have to pick up a controller to navigate.
    That is an input method. Not a unique service not found anywhere else. Try again.

If you've ever paid an ATM fee to get your own money you paid it because it was convenient. MS is the equivalent of a bank in this aspect. Why go to a bank and pay a fee to get your own money out when your own bank won't charge you? Convenience.

Have you ever paid an ATM fee? I hope not because you'll be leaning towards the hypocritical side of things.
    That comment nearly assumes that it's common practice to use what ever bank is nearby rather than yours which is just another block up the street. And how does that scenario work when one is traveled and their bank isn't in town. The nearest being in the next town 30 miles away. There comes a point where things become impractical, and this is one.

MS is able to do what they do because their service is good, soon to be seamless, and convenient. The apps will all start to separate themselves to be better than the competition simply because of voice.
    refer to the above

I guess that would also make Sony wrong and dirty since online play is available on the PC for free. And then you look closer you come to find that it's not dirt but filth because they've been spouting that 'we don't believe you should charge for online' bull$#@! for 6 yrs.
    Since we must drag in the competition. First off, even on PC it is NOT totally free to play. warcraft being the go to example, and that in itself is spilling over. Not so perfect now is it? Secondly, There are still games on the Playstation and Xbox that aren't on the PC, and vise-versa. If that weren't the case then fine, We'd all be on PC's and who knows what things would be like without the consoles to counter balance the industry. Third, I don't like it. They aren't locking nearly as much behind a pay wall though, not that I've heard of anyway. And perhaps things are just different. Unlike with PC gaming Sony and MS are actually supporting a bunch of hardware, infrastructure, studios and the like, where as a game dev anywhere else doesn't have hardware to keep up and running, per-se. I still feel like they could just bring in some of that excess cash from their other divisions to take the extra charge off our hand, Especially MS. There are a few people there who could probably take the pay-cut and not even flinch. blah.

Playing online wasn't a part of this in the first place but if they must be grouped together to satisfy some of our views than so be it.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Items PS3 Slim LogoRaidenNoctisFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy Versus XIIINaughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    If the masses are willing to pay X dollars for service A, why would you lower the price or change the level of service? It's simple economics.
    The masses are willing to do a lot of things because really, people as a group are very $#@!ing stupid and hive minded. They are so use to taking it up the ass by corporation that they don't even scream rape any more. They expect to get $#@!ed, most are happy to over pay for a service that gives them the minimal amount of satiation. And they will even tell people they like it. That my friend is simple market research.
    I am always baffled when a customer of a company defends them, for using cheap tactics. Even more so when they bring up "it's business" or its "simple economics", what the $#@! does MS's economics have to do with any of us? How the $#@! does that help me as a consumer buying their products? Last time I check they have sent me a check for jack $#@!.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    You're assuming masses are willing to pay X dollars for service A. They are paying X dollars for service B (online play + related features) and not service A (Netflix, etc.)

Don't assume I don't understand their reasoning behind it. It's just not good reasoning. Again, it adds nothing to the service, it would add more without the XBL paywall.

Keep being okay with it though.
    Exactly. Folks keep trying to lump it altogether like Netflix and online gaming go hand in hand. These services are a bonus for subscribing to Gold, but they should really be a bonus for buying the console. Or does anyone really believe that if MS took Netflix out from behind the paywall then Live Gold subscriptions would suddenly drop??? Come on.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Agriel View Post
    The masses are willing to do a lot of things because really, people as a group are very $#@!ing stupid and hive minded. They are so use to taking it up the ass by corporation that they don't even scream rape any more. They expect to get $#@!ed, most are happy to over pay for a service that gives them the minimal amount of satiation. And they will even tell people they like it. That my friend is simple market research.

I am always baffled when a customer of a company defends them, for using cheap tactics. Even more so when they bring up "it's business" or its "simple economics", what the $#@! does MS's economics have to do with any of us? How the $#@! does that help me as a consumer buying their products? Last time I check they have sent me a check for jack $#@!.
    You are baffled, yet we see it here on this exact forum, in the masses, happening with people defending Sony and MS for using cheap tactics.

It's something that WILL NOT EVER STOP. It's life, it's the world, it's personalities, it's a hobby, it's dedication, it's passion, and it actually is human nature.

11. Likes JDizzleNO1 likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Items PS3 Slim LogoRaidenNoctisFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy Versus XIIINaughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    You are baffled, yet we see it here on this exact forum, in the masses, happening with people defending Sony and MS for using cheap tactics.

It's something that WILL NOT EVER STOP. It's life, it's the world, it's personalities, it's a hobby, it's dedication, it's passion, and it actually is human nature.
    What you said doesnt make any sense, you are trying to make it a Sony Vs. MS thing and its not.
    I am by no mean trying to say Sony is a saint, this thread is about MS though, and the tactics MS are using, nothing to do with Sony.
    I am not going to argue with you because that is pointless, I have seen too many times your "debates" its a $#@!ing circle jerk I want nothing to do with.

13. Likes Mael Duin, mistercrow, VayMasters86 likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    I have seen too many times your "debates" its a $#@!ing circle jerk I want nothing to do with.
    Good for you man. Just choose to not read my posts and move on. I am not forcing you to reply to my posts. Have a nice day.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Good for you man. Just choose to not read my posts and move on. I am not forcing you to reply to my posts. Have a nice day.
    Unfortunately I have to read your posts. I would ignore all the fanboys if I wasn't admin.

16. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Unfortunately I have to read your posts. I would ignore all the fanboys if I wasn't admin.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    ?? confused

19. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    Sony and MS for using cheap tactics.
    soldier what do you mean by this exactly??? i just want clarification

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by JDizzleNO1 View Post
    soldier what do you mean by this exactly??? i just want clarification
    Replied via PM to stay on topic.

Thread Information